Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut?

I don't think Von Wafer will even make the team, and if he does it will only be until Delonte serves out his suspension.

The reports I've gotten from training camp say Von Wafer looks lost and his body language is revealing of a guy who feels out of place.

Will Von Wafer even make the team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Will Von Wafer make the Cut?

With Delonte out for 10 games there's no way the Celtics will release Wafer in November. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer make the Cut?:
    With Delonte out for 10 games there's no way the Celtics will release Wafer in November. 
    Posted by P34

-

You didn't even vote?

Hi Fierce, my good friend.  What part of "sooner rather than later"  don't you understand?  November will be fine.  He gone.  He don't fit.

You heard it here first, Fierce.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer make the Cut?:
    In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer make the Cut? : - You didn't even vote? Hi Fierce, my good friend.  What part of "sooner rather than later"  don't you understand?  November will be fine.  He gone.  He don't fit. You heard it here first, Fierce.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

OK. Laughing

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut?

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut?:
    The fact that West is practicing with the starters and Wafer is with the invitees doesn't bode well especially considering that he will be depended on for those first 10 games ... video I saw of scrimage had him missing 2 or three shots with the scrubs. Gaffney could stick ... Lasme, Smith & Johnson could be NBDL affiliate bound. Still early though - anything could happen.
    Posted by Mployee8

West practicing with the starters? No wonder you said Glen Davis was the 4th string PF, you don't even know what's happening in training camp. 

The 2nd unit is composed of Shaq, Davis, Daniels, West, and Robinson. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Not sure if Von Wafer will leave... I know he would if the C's could get their hands on McCants. If not they seem pretty confident with Von Wafer. Anyway he is still very cautious and has a backup plan(in going to play in china) if Boston doesn't work out. So I think he is the one that could be cut first if they plan to do so. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Wafer will be gone..

Once the Celtics signed West Wafer became expendable.

I think Gaffney  will make this team because he gives them another option at the 3 spot. 

dboss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

15 shall be the roster number, and the roster number shall be 15!

Perk is hurt - 14
    Rondo, Ray, Pierce, KG, Shaq (IMO) - 9
    JON, Baby, Nate Daniels - leaves 5

we have to look at guaranteed contracts and rookies.  We could send Harangody and Erdan to the D League, but that means we have to keep Bradley.  That's down to 2.......anything could happen.  I agree if we could get McCants, Wafer could go, but our biggest problem last year was consistent scoring off the bench.  Wafer/McCants provides that.

So, right now my opinion Rondowski, is this:
    Rondo, Ray Pierce, KG, Shaq
    Nate, West, Daniels, Baby, JON

Erdan and Harangody to the D League, Perk to injured reserve
    Wafer and Bradley make the cut!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't see Wafer making the cut,but then again I don't make those decisions. Von is a shooter and DA said they needed more offense ! Well a shooter is more likely to score than a defensive minded player.. The top reserves have already been determined so in essence the only spots available are Scals old spot and the seat next to his. As previously mentioned Delonte starts the season on the suspended list and he isn't eligible too play until game #11,that will leave some time for one guy too play the 2 guard spot until he's available. Bradley would have won that spot outright against any of the stiffs they could have brung in,so I'll guess that depending on the severity of his injury or lack of healing to the same that he will get those minutes. In any case Delonte will be the b/u to Ray at the 2 guard spot and Quise gets another shot at procurring the b/u spot behind PP with Gaffney waiting in the wings. I had to edit this post based upon the Celtics waiving of Tony Gaffney this afternoon as I originally thought that he had a better shot of sticking with the team than did Wafer...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut? :
    In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut? : West practicing with the starters? No wonder you said Glen Davis was the 4th string PF, you don't even know what's happenStaring in training camp.  The 2nd unit is composed of Shaq, Davis, Daniels, West, and Robinson.  Posted by P34 Starters meaning Doc's 10 man rotation ... Grow up!
    Posted by Mployee8

Starters = 10 man rotation? Are you an inventor? 

Before every game starts the announcers introduce the starters and it only has 2 Forwards, 2 Guards, and 1 Center. That's odd, I thought you said it's 10 men. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

It's great to root for the underdog, and believe me, I was a big Connor Henry fan, but Gaffney isn't going to make the team.................too many guaranteed contracts, and too much experience.  Of course, someone could get hurt, but I think they are still trying to get McCants.............just a hunch!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Wafer will be gone.. Once the Celtics signed West Wafer became expendable. I think Gaffney  will make this team because he gives them another option at the 3 spot.  dboss
    Posted by dboss

YO DUDE GAFFNEY WHO?.....SURE HOPE YOU DON'T GAMBLE.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I stated in a previous post that Wafer will likely get a chance in the rotation early in the season as Bradley is still rehabing from ankle surgery and Delonte will serve a 10 game suspension to start the season. It's a process of elimination as I can't think of any other back up 2 guards available, unless Bradley returns soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I can't believe that half the voters (9) think VW will make the team.  The logic escapes me or just doesn't add up.

Or is it that logic just never entered into it for those 9?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Von Wafer and Harandoughboy should be cut. Keep Lasme and the other West instead.
    Posted by Kirk6

I sort of agree with that. I thought Harangody was going to be a solid addition. He hasn't shown much yet. I really like what Lasme brings. He may not be a well rounded player, but he does what he does well.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

All this discussion over an NBA scrub.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

All this discussion over an NBA scrub.
    Posted by victorlee1234

The Lakers have 2 scrubs in the rotation, Walton and Vujacic. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut? : The Lakers have 2 scrubs in the rotation, Walton and Vujacic. 
    Posted by P34

I thought it was a von Wafer thread.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut? : The Lakers have 2 scrubs in the rotation, Walton and Vujacic. 
    Posted by P34

And the oft-injured-not-to-be-depended-on-but-we-have-to-anyway
    Theo Ratliff

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Will Von Wafer Even Make the Cut? : I thought it was a von Wafer thread.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Truth hurts?

Sections
Shortcuts