Williams needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Williams needed

Trade Rondo and Glen Davis for Williams the ex Jazz point guard.  This team needs a new face and with Williams ,size and shooting skills, the offensive attack of the big three would be unstoppable.  If we could add a athletic defensive rebounding center form somewhere we would have a shot at #18.  We can not afford to go into the next year of competition with the same mind set we now have.  Williams and Ray would be a lethal offensive guard tandum that would be able to play adequate defense.  Williams would extend the life of the big three a couple of years and we would be a condtender.  Glen is gone anyway and a offensive point that can make plays may just take the pressure off of the big three and allow them to get better looks with less effort.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Re: Williams needed

Williams is a free agent, so who do you trade to?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Williams needed:
    Trade Rondo and Glen Davis for Williams the ex Jazz point guard.  This team needs a new face and with Williams ,size and shooting skills, the offensive attack of the big three would be unstoppable.  If we could add a athletic defensive rebounding center form somewhere we would have a shot at #18.  We can not afford to go into the next year of competition with the same mind set we now have.  Williams and Ray would be a lethal offensive guard tandum that would be able to play adequate defense.  Williams would extend the life of the big three a couple of years and we would be a condtender.  Glen is gone anyway and a offensive point that can make plays may just take the pressure off of the big three and allow them to get better looks with less effort.
    Posted by maryngary

I would agree completely as long as when Williams gets here it is explained to him that he is to defer his offense to the BIG 3 and that even though nobody is near him he should wait until one of the BIG 3 is open and pass it to them and do not shoot wide open uncontested jumpers, do not go to the rim - do not attempt free throws, and do not even consider taking 3 point shots, in other words being an option in the offense is not part of your job.... simply pass the ball and play defense..... oh wait don't we already have one of those point guards......  I think we all know that Rondo is perfect for this team and that anyone that is a complete point guard would be a bad fit for the BIG 3.

Finally, like with all the other young best players in the league - what is their incentive to go somewhere there is no long term ability to challenge for a title? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Re: Williams needed:
    Williams is a free agent, so who do you trade to?  I thought they could do a sign and trade, I may be wrong but the fact that we need a face change is still a need as far as I am concerned, I just do not see how we can go on as we are.  I did not say Rondo was a bad guard I just do not like his shot and think it helps the other team defense the big three, a lot.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Williams needed : I would agree completely as long as when Williams gets here it is explained to him that he is to defer his offense to the BIG 3 and that even though nobody is near him he should wait until one of the BIG 3 is open and pass it to them and do not shoot wide open uncontested jumpers, do not go to the rim - do not attempt free throws, and do not even consider taking 3 point shots, in other words being an option in the offense is not part of your job.... simply pass the ball and play defense..... oh wait don't we already have one of those point guards......  I think we all know that Rondo is perfect for this team and that anyone that is a complete point guard would be a bad fit for the BIG 3. Finally, like with all the other young best players in the league - what is their incentive to go somewhere there is no long term ability to challenge for a title?   You should be happy then you have Rondo and I guess you are saying he will lead us to 18, well he is a good player but we are way to predictable with him at point and a guard like Williams might just be intersted in playing for a team like the Celts if he was told that he would be the main guy.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

N2  How did you get my wifes picture for your avetar?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why would the Nets even consider trading the face of their franchise?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Williams, along with CP3 is one of the guards that anyone would definitely take over Rondo.  However, NJ is not going to let DWill go.  They have the ability to offer him more than anyone else and the rich Russian owner didn't trade for him so he could let him go. In fact, the Nets will be a big buyer in the free agent market.   So, this trade will never happen.

I was looking at the free agents coming on the market in 2012, after Ray and KG's contracts are up.  I only saw two big names - CP3 and Howard and they were only if the player exercised the option.  Other than those two, there really is not a lot of great talent coming available.   Does someone see some names you like in 2012?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

No thank Williams is overrated.
    He also isn't going to make the big 3 any younger,so they wouldn't win it all with that trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Even as a Rondo supporter I would do that trade. 

However you have to ask yourself two things: why would the Nets do this, and...why would the Nets do this? 

Glen Davis has shown he isn't worth a bag of old deflated basketballs and he's not also under contract anymore, and neither is Deron Williams. 

Next time you suggest a trade, try coming up with one where the players are under contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

i agree, as yet the offense pressure has always benn onto the big 3 and if we want them to be still part of the struggle for the ring, then we need people who release offensive pressure from them, at pg or center or at both......
    so, if we get a defensive centre then rondo should go, with shaq he can stay
    this is only my analysis.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Williams and Glen Davis are both free agents.  It is not possible to trade someone who is a free agent.  This has already been mentioned by other posters.  Williams won't end up in Boston.  Why would anyone want Davis?  I wouldn't expect that he receives many contract offers.  He gained a lot of weight and was very ineffective towards the end of the season and especially during the playoffs.   He ruined his chance of receiving a good offer from another team by being so ineffective towards the end of the season.  I am not really sure what happened to him, but he was a big disappointment. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Despite the obvious flaw in the OP, the fact remains that Davis is not a valuable player and could be back with the Cs on another 1 year deal. If he gets more than that, he will be with another team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Williams needed : No thank Williams is overrated. He also isn't going to make the big 3 any younger,so they wouldn't win it all with that trade.
    Posted by notrade

5 point guards in the all-star game..... Rondo the worst of them all... if Williams is overrated then Rondo has to be by definition.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think Williams is better than he shown lst year he is as cheap as he is going to be this year. He may be a risk worth taking. I wonder how big gthree would do if they played 5 on 5 at the end of close games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Even as a Rondo supporter I would do that trade.  However you have to ask yourself two things: why would the Nets do this, and...why would the Nets do this?  Glen Davis has shown he isn't worth a bag of old deflated basketballs and he's not also under contract anymore, and neither is Deron Williams.  Next time you suggest a trade, try coming up with one where the players are under contract.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

It would be done as a sign and trade, assuming DWill and Baby would agree to it.  Boston can offer BBD more money than anyone else and same is true for NJ and Dwill so that's a big part of the reason they would do it.

I'm not saying the trade is in NJ's best interest (unless DWill decided to go somewhere else and they were going to get nothing for him in which case they'd be VERY interested in such a trade).  But, I think NJ will resign DWill and this is all moot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Say no thanks to the coach killer,and the guy who shot 38 percent,against Derek Fisher and the Lakers in the playoffs. 

Jerry Sloan didn't want anything more to do with Williams,so why would any team trade for him that was smart. 

Utah was as good with Devin Harris,as they were with the coach killer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

I would trade Rondo for DWill in a heartbeat but why the hell would the Nets trade DWill for Rondo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

Can we, for the love of God, get some solutions for the Celtics other than trading Rondo laterally for some other point guard.  Deron Williams is another me-first player and rather than trading around our most talented and secure position (the PG) we need to look at improving the rest of our team.  We need a defensive big or two and a backup wing scorer.  Trading Rondo for anyone doesn't solve any problems.  Either way it leaves us with a PG and a bunch of fading superstars.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Williams and Glen Davis are both free agents.  It is not possible to trade someone who is a free agent.  This has already been mentioned by other posters.  Williams won't end up in Boston.  Why would anyone want Davis?  I wouldn't expect that he receives many contract offers.  He gained a lot of weight and was very ineffective towards the end of the season and especially during the playoffs.   He ruined his chance of receiving a good offer from another team by being so ineffective towards the end of the season.  I am not really sure what happened to him, but he was a big disappointment.   First I do not consider Glen a big disppointment, it was Doc Rivers that knocked the sprit out of Davis and he will do fine for another team, you have heard of a sign and trade?, anyway Glen was just extra Rondo is the big catch and Rondo plus Davis should be very attractive for Williams if Rondo is half as good as most posters think he is.
    Posted by susan250

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Even as a Rondo supporter I would do that trade.  However you have to ask yourself two things: why would the Nets do this, and...why would the Nets do this?  Glen Davis has shown he isn't worth a bag of old deflated basketballs and he's not also under contract anymore, and neither is Deron Williams.  Next time you suggest a trade, try coming up with one where the players are under contract.  I guess you are unaware of sign and trade deal with player and teams
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by maryngary

Deron Williams can't stack up to Rondo - his career averages are 17 ppg on 46% shooting, 36% from 3 and 81% from the line, 9 assists, and 3 boards.

Shooting and scoring don't matter so Rondo is much better because he averages more than 9 assists and more than 3 boards.  Plus Rondo is gritty as I have read here, I think he is even a warrior or so I have read here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Williams needed : Deron Williams can't stack up to Rondo - his career averages are 17 ppg on 46% shooting, 36% from 3 and 81% from the line, 9 assists, and 3 boards.   Shooting and scoring don't matter so Rondo is much better because he averages more than 9 assists and more than 3 boards.  Plus Rondo is gritty as I have read here, I think he is even a warrior or so I have read here.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

His coach also resigned rather,then put up with him anymore!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Let's see New Jersey has young power forward who averages a double-double and is dating Kim Kardashian, who will help put cheeks in the new arena. They have a point guard who can shoot... and you want them to trade for a bench back-up guy that you have already said may be a head case and a point guard who cannot shoot.  ...long summer...
    Posted by ShepherdCall

They also have the second best center in the conference......

It is amazing to me that there are people that honestly think that there is something other than a giant belly laugh on the other end of the phone when there are phone calls looking to trade Rondo for one of the best point guards in the league......... the Nets would not even listen to Pierce and Rondo for Williams and a bunch of c rap to make the dollars work.

Sections
Shortcuts