Williams or Hollins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perkmijay. Show perkmijay's posts

Williams or Hollins?

From the short time I have seen Williams in a Celts uniform, I will have to say that he should get the nod over Hollins in the playoffs...in another thread, it was stated that if he could pick up the offensive plays and the defensive sets he could take us to the promise land...I believe we have a serviceable back up center who should get minutes over Hollins....and in fact, if he shows steady improvement, he may be an equal to the Steamer.....Williams is atheletic and a tireless worker....just the type of player that KG will take under his wings and the type of player that Doc loves to coach.....GO Green......a fan from Virginia.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Williams or Hollins?

In Response to Williams or Hollins?:
    [QUOTE]From the short time I have seen Williams in a Celts uniform, I will have to say that he should get the nod over Hollins in the playoffs...in another thread, it was stated that if he could pick up the offensive plays and the defensive sets he could take us to the promise land...I believe we have a serviceable back up center who should get minutes over Hollins....and in fact, if he shows steady improvement, he may be an equal to the Steamer.....Williams is atheletic and a tireless worker....just the type of player that KG will take under his wings and the type of player that Doc loves to coach.....GO Green......a fan from Virginia.....
    Posted by perkmijay[/QUOTE]

I'd say keep them both.  The play-offs demand tall athletic players both fit the bill. Isn't that why DA signed them....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

In Response to Williams or Hollins?:
    [QUOTE]From the short time I have seen Williams in a Celts uniform, I will have to say that he should get the nod over Hollins in the playoffs...in another thread, it was stated that if he could pick up the offensive plays and the defensive sets he could take us to the promise land...I believe we have a serviceable back up center who should get minutes over Hollins....and in fact, if he shows steady improvement, he may be an equal to the Steamer.....Williams is atheletic and a tireless worker....just the type of player that KG will take under his wings and the type of player that Doc loves to coach.....GO Green......a fan from Virginia.....
    Posted by perkmijay[/QUOTE]

I choose Williams easily....Hollins is fairly robotic to me... cant hit foul shots and seems lost on D a lot... Williams is a much better athlete....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hollins has no game at all.  Williams is active on D, can board and can block shots.  If he had a decent head he would be making millions and playing 25 minutes a game for someone. Hopefully he has grown up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We will see, they are both going to play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Williams or Hollins?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Williams or Hollins? : I hear ya ... but so as not to confuse others, he has a very high BBIQ. He just makes poor decisions off the floor.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I mean his off court stuff has derailed his career. There is no reason other than that why he is not a rotation guy in the NBA.  He is skilled.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hollins has no game at all.  Williams is active on D, can board and can block shots.  If he had a decent head he would be making millions and playing 25 minutes a game for someone. Hopefully he has grown up.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]SNAKE, he could be the gerald green of centers, in terms of a young guy maturing and getting it. all of sean's issues have been off the floor, always liked him on it. what i like best is his rebounding. hollins has been dead last the last few years in the entire league for rebounds per 48 minutes. he is lousy, simply cant time his jump and really cant get up. he's a jambroni.. best asset is that he's 7 feet tall. actually he can run as well. but nothing like sean. sean really could supplant steamer against certain team like miami oreven chicago who have athletic quick big men. we wont be losing those athletic matchups anymore. THIS IS HUGEEEEEE! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Patience....being around KG (if they listen) will increase Williams and Hollins value.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Hollins almost makes Javale Mcgee look intelligent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxin09. Show Bosoxin09's posts

Both need to go to Big Man School for different reasons, Hollins for positioning on rebounding, up fakes and to develop a jump hook, Williams for positioning on defense and offense and passing in the C's offense.  
    Hollins moves out of position or is pushed out of position for rebounding and needs to learn more about where to be for rebounds,  He also needs to bulk up and get stronger to avoid being pushed around.  Williams needs to get into top condition and get rid of some flab.  Williams is better right now, but Hollins is faster and runs hard on the break.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Hollins is too raw..I think Hollins with proper training could develop and be a decent backup center. He is not that skinny and really tall...but right now, Sean is more skilled and I think can bring more energy to the team and that feisty mentality down the post, something C's need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Both need to go to Big Man School for different reasons, Hollins for positioning on rebounding, up fakes and to develop a jump hook, Williams for positioning on defense and offense and passing in the C's offense.   Hollins moves out of position or is pushed out of position for rebounding and needs to learn more about where to be for rebounds,  He also needs to bulk up and get stronger to avoid being pushed around.  Williams needs to get into top condition and get rid of some flab.  Williams is better right now, but Hollins is faster and runs hard on the break.

Posted by Bosoxin09[/QUOTE]

+1 you said it better!