Win now .. Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mike5says. Show mike5says's posts

Win now .. Thoughts

If we are going the win now way . Trading 1 of the big 3 we have to get more bodies in return in the trade. I like fierces Marion idea. How about adding rondo. He could help mark and dirk to get people to go to Dallas . Find some way to send rondo and bass to Dallas . Around 16 mil there. Will get Marion b wright D collison and vc ( rather have mayo but I don't know bout that ). We get a pg a sg Marion could play the 3 or 4 . Also wright who would be a upgrade over any big that we have other then kg of course. we are still winning now. Nothing has changed , other then bass as the starter. At pg: ab, dc ,jet ) sg: lee,terry , carter) sf: pierce ,jg, Marion) pf: kg, Marion , wilcox ) c: wright, kg, wilcox.  for Dallas they have a future of getting smith or Dwight . I would like a 3rd team involved that would want carter. Idk just a idea. Makes sense for the now. Cuban would take the risk, but this is a ideal trade to add bodies that doesn't hurt us now. Plus Dallas would be able to be that team that can use bass as a backup. Saw many of you talking bout it. They have kamen mayo rondo dirk crowder as starters and money to spend next year. Rondo ACL hurts his trade value but its mark calling shots haha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Win now .. Thoughts

Not a bad thought, Mike. Dallas probably isn't competing this year anyway. The lure for them would be adding Rondo to next year's team as a potential enticement for Howard now that the first two choices for PG (Paul realistically remaining with the Clippers, Williams re-signing with the Nets) are off the table.

Rondo + Bass + Barbosa + Collins for Marion + Kaman + Carter works. This would be an obvious tanking trade by the Mavericks, as far as this season is concerned. Maybe the Celtics would need to throw in a draft pick or two, but it would definitely help the Celtics.

C Kaman, PF Garnett, SF Pierce, PG Bradley, SG Lee.

C Wilcox, PF/SF Green, PF/SF Marion, PG/SG Terry, SF/SG Carter.

That's a very strong 10-man rotation with plenty of scoring punch and positional versatility. Even a guy like Carter is still capable of going off for 25+ on any one night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If the Mavs don't start winning pretty quick they are going to look like a lot of thugs since a lot of them are not going to shave until they get back to 500 ball.  May be next year..  some may end up looking like Moses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Marion is over priced and wouldn't help this team.

I would rather do the Rondo-Bass to LA for Howard deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wrong,  Marion would fit this team very well.  Marion puts up numbers without anything being run for him,  can score, rebound, and play defense.  Not sure how that couldn't help this team. That is unless we don't need those three elements.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Where is Marion going to play? For PP? For Green?

Nah I will pass

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Folks we need to get bigger not smaller and we need scoring. LOL!

Try and get Howard for Rondo and Bass

Then try and get Redick for Lee and #1

AB-Redick-PP-KG-Howard...when AB goes out the game Terry comes in. Now you have Terry and Redick on the floor and how does a team double Howard with PP, Redick and Terry on the floor.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I would rather have Earl Clark than loser Howard.

=======================================

Fierce, you keep mentioning that Lakers would be crazy trading for injured Rondo.

DW is also injured but I feel it is his feelings more than anything & he probably is not going to sign with LA anyway.

Yes, Rondo is injured but as Lakers are not going to win this year with DH, getting Rondo would be on the come as the Dodgers did taking recovering from surgery Carl Crawford from the Red Sox last year.

Kobe, I've read, loves Rondo so Nash would come off the bench and Gasol for 1-2 years would be their big man and they'd be competitive,

Kirk, There are many comments, not just yours, about DW being a loser or overrated. Keep in mind that he brought Orlando into playoffs almost single handedly as there were no other superstars on their team. I'm sure with the "C's he'd be invigorated getting away from LA LA land and Kobe. Whatever KG's feeling toward DH, bite your tongue KG and provide some guidance. With DH, unless KG and PP are traded to the Clippers, they have the best chance to win another ring and retire as Ray Lewis did  with the Ravens. Other key move would be to get  JJ Redick too for Bass & lee or a draft pick !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

AB-Redick-PP-KG-Howard...when AB goes out the game Terry comes in. Now you have Terry and Redick on the floor and how does a team double Howard with PP, Redick and Terry on the floor.

You're crazy if you think the Lakers are that stupid to trade Howard for Rondo who's still recovering from a torn ACL.

Redick for Lee and a #1 pick works for me.

The Lakers aren't going to the playoffs. They aren't getting a legit big man in return for Howard who the other teams like Utah know he will not resign there. Kobe likes Rondo and the Lakers know they can start Rondo next year and have Nash come off the bench. The Lakers season is basically over so why keep Howard when you can get a top 5 PG in Rondo.

It boils down to the team getting Howard not getting assurances that he doesn't resign...and I don't think Ainge needs assurances. He knows that with Howard, it gives KG and PP one more chance at getting over the HEAT and win a title.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

You're crazy if you think the Lakers are that stupid to trade Howard for Rondo who's still recovering from a torn ACL.

Redick for Lee and a #1 pick works for me.

The Lakers aren't going to the playoffs. They aren't getting a legit big man in return for Howard who the other teams like Utah know he will not resign there. Kobe likes Rondo and the Lakers know they can start Rondo next year and have Nash come off the bench. The Lakers season is basically over so why keep Howard when you can get a top 5 PG in Rondo.

It boils down to the team getting Howard not getting assurances that he doesn't resign...and I don't think Ainge needs assurances. He knows that with Howard, it gives KG and PP one more chance at getting over the HEAT and win a title.

======================================
    BirdLewsBias...you are right on and echoing my feelings too...see my previous post !!! Would love to see it happen !!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

Actually I would like a couple of blockbuster trades...........both work according to Trade Machine

1) Trade PP to Atlanta straight up for Josh Smith.................this will save the Celtics 3.5 million of payroll this year...........Josh only has one year remaining on his contract while PP has two......so it would depend on what he wants to resign after the one year but we would have a lot of money from PP contract

2) Trade KG (after PP goes I doubt that KG would want to stay) to the Clippers for Jordan and Bledsoe.........again we would save about $3 million again over the 3 years......

If Danny can pull this off we would be set for a quite a few years with a couple of tweeks......

If Celts were gonna trade PP it wouldn't be to Atlanta.  If they were gonna trade him it would be to a contender....and Atlanta isn't.

KG isn't going anywhere...not gonna happen unless he drinks manangement's coolaid and decides it's somehow in his best interest to leave the Celts for a contender.  That just isn't gonna happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

The celtics worst option would be to stand pat, and wait for next year. Paul and KG are running out of next years.  The first option is trade KG and or Paul and build for future. Which would inevitably mean Rondo is gone.  Or trade Rondo now and try to win this year.  My heart says stand pat. My brain says trade Kevin, ( of course assuming he could be swayed again to waive no trade)  and Rondo if we end up getting Bledsoe only. Build a great young team. My my basketball sense says that is Lakers offer Howard for Rondo do it.  Go for it this year,  we basically add a big rebounding defender. to the current team.  I think they could beat anyone in the east if Kg can get DH on the right track.

As a betting man I predict this is the team we will have going forward, not a bad team should do well and be fun, but there is no way in hell they have a serious shot at title as is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

DOes Atlanta accept jeff Green and C.Lee for Smith?  celtics would be tough this year.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

We are not winning it this year. FACE IT.

Continue to add better and better assetts for the future. That's today's sports world.