Wish List: Who would look good in Green?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green?

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green?:
    Rip Hamilton.  He still has alot of game left in him.  Would be the perfect backup for Ray.
    Posted by Petey62

Yea, he could help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In response to "Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green?": One name. Samuel Dalembert......celts need a big!
    Posted by Brawny27

Yeah I agree with I would lobe to see dalembert come thru after rescinding  Sasha's conrtract, but it looks like DA thinks we already have our bigs or like Doc says "Bigs that can actually play :/....

Brandon Bass (6'9ish") - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upFMU8QKaX4
    JaJuan Johnson (6'10")** - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UycApERHzS8
    Jermaine O'Neal (6'11") - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-elV4FKfWI
                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4AD013wk4&feat
    Greg Stiemsma (6'11") -D-League leading Shot Blocker Last year
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzCzZZFYqM8
               http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TseqBhXJtFE&feature=related

Chris Wilcox (6'10")  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxcd46A3Ps
    Kevin Garnett (6'11")

HA Do That PERKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : Nope sorry red Everyone on my list (ARE FAs) came off of the freeagent tracker...   http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2011/ Look I agree Dalembert n Nene might be to pricey but guys like Fesenko, Prizbella, might not be. #Go Celts
    Posted by PuPirate

Sorry yourself:

Phoenix
    RESTRICTED
    Aaron Brooks

UNRESTRICTED
    None
    RESTRICTED
    Zabian Dowdell
    Robin Lopez
    Garret Siler

UNRESTRICTED
    Vince Carter
    Steve Nash
    Mickael Pietrus

Pietrus is NOT a FA!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Using 2 accounts are we?  You forgot to logout your other account. You're talking to yourself. Ugh! Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? posted at 12/19/2011 12:22 PM EST PuPirate Posts: 18 First: 7/11/2011 Last: 12/19/2011 In Response to  Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : Only ONE roster spot open!! Posted by PuPirate Yes I knew that. I was just saying the open open spot should go to one of those guys on my list, which is currently shrinking. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Nope I definitley only have one account. I just forgot to delete my recent msg to red already imbedded in his response.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : Sorry yourself: 2012 Phoenix RESTRICTED Aaron Brooks UNRESTRICTED None RESTRICTED Zabian Dowdell Robin Lopez Garret Siler UNRESTRICTED Vince Carter Steve Nash Mickael Pietrus Pietrus is NOT a FA!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

So explain why the nba tracker has him
    as an Unrestricted Free Agent with the Player option?!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : So explain why the nba tracker has him as an Unrestricted Free Agent with the Player option?!!!
    Posted by PuPirate

CLEARLY, he picked up his option.  He is listed also on the NBA trade machine as having one year left (THIS YEAR) at 5.3 mill!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

josh smith
    deron williams
    kevin love
    jamal crawford

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Like your thinking, lets focus on 2012 FAs

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Reggie Evans. The C's reportedly called a while ago. Any news on him? Also, if Zyrundas Ilgauskas did not retire, he would be a Celtic by now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : What have you got? KG for Gasol? Go join the Laker board with Rico .... Traitor!
    Posted by Mployee8

Last week you were telling everybody the Celtics should trade KG and Jeff Green for DH12 and Hedo. So Fierce is a traitor and you're not?

That's your contingency plan, accusing Fierce of being a traitor? LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Coming back to topic: what about AK47?  Now that Utah has gone with Josh Howard, what are his options?  Clearly, a number of good players are unsigned because they are fighting for max $ that they can get.  Rules out vet. min.  But who knows what will happen in another 10 days.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : Celts only have vet's minimum to offer, so that rules out AK47.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes, unless Danny decides to do a sign and trade.  He has some trade exceptions and perhaps a 2nd round draft pick can be thrown in.  For the right player, Bradley's contract can be added.

Unfortunately, the sign and trade must be a minimum of 3-years contract.  But at this level of salary, if you get a good player, the cap hit may not matter too much.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

What I mean, as an example, is that Utah can sign and trade AK47 to Boston for trade exceptions and a draft pick.  They have walked away from him.  They get a draft pick.  AK47 gets more than a vet min.

Ofcourse, I am assuming that Boston has some trade exceptions.  From Erden and Harangody trades.  The one from Marquis trade was used to get Dooling.  Also, didn't they get some exception for the Baby trade?  Effectively they signed and traded Baby and Von Wafer for Bass.  They must have got some trade exceptions in the process.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : The Celts didn't get a trade exception from Baby because the Celts got Bass in return. You can get a trade exception if you trade a player for a draft pick, like what the Mavs did in the Lamar Odom trade. Or sign and trade your unrestricted free-agent for a trade exception, like what the Cavs did when Lebron refused to re-sign with the Cavs. The Jazz can't also sign and trade AK47 to the Celts because the Celts are over the salary cap. The rule is you can go over the cap to re-sign or sign and trade your own player. But you can't go over the cap to acquire a new player whether it's through free-agent signing or trade. And the trade exception from Erden and Harangody only total 946k, basically worthless.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Oh bummer!  I thought that the combined salaries for Baby and Von were way more than the $4m that Bass makes.  As Orlando was way over the salary cap, they must have used some part of their trade exception from the Vince Carter trade.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : According to the ESPN Trade Machine, Orlando has a trade exception of 6.3m from the Marcin Gortat trade.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Wasn't he traded at the same time as Vince Carter?  I should look it up.

I checked that Von Wafer's and Baby's salaries total to almost $7.5m where Bass makes $4m.  Even with 25% + 100K delta (Orlando is over tha cap), there is a difference of $2.4m.  There must have been a trade exception involved.  If you add that with $940K, it gets to $3m+.  Higher than the mini-mid level exception.

Of course it will be a bummer if the new rules prevented Boston from getting the exception.  Otherwise Danny has one more potential move possible.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Wish List: Who would look good in Green? : The reason why the Celts were able to S&T Baby was because the Celts had Bird rights.  Actually Ainge had 1 more move if they just opted not to void Jeff Green's contract. Unfortunately the Celts opted to save money instead and voided Green's contract.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce, I am still confused.  Check out the link below.

http://howardthedunk.com/2011/12/09/von-wafer-will-join-the-magic-as-part-of-the-boston-orlando-trade/

So what happened to the trade exception that they are talking about?  Clearly Orlando had to use it to make salaries match.  What happened at the Celtics end?  Did the exception just expire and the Celts didn't get it?

Sections
Shortcuts