With JON out for a while, what should we do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

With JON out for a while, what should we do?

Assuming Wafer is cut........and we add a big, what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: With JON out for a while, what should we do?

Who is out there?  We've heard Dampier's name brought up -- if he's available why not?  I'm fine with giving minutes to Erden and BBD and brining a guy like Lasme back and sending Wafer on his way (assuming that foot injury he got with the 'Claws isn't serious).  Here's hoping that the solution is on the roster currently because I can't imagine there are many (any?) FA solutions avilable until the trade deadline or when guys are bought out. 

Another possible soultion is Rasheed Wallace if he'd consider a mid-season comback.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If Wafer is cut then let Avery Bradley take his spot and let him play. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

no big panics.  gimps on both coasts are out for a while!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqwqE6nY0eBheddvzgqaK_i8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-ratliffsurgery

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

several D-League teams thought magnum rolle, a 6-11, 225 lb. 4/5, had the most upside of anyone in the D-League draft. magnum, named after P.I., was chosen third overall by the maine red claws in the november 1 draft.

hopefully, celtics don't need to call on anyone. but if need be, we got his rights.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

let's see how JO's knees check out. Shaq, Davis and KG in spots can  do the job with a little help from Erdan.

Of course, if Shaq goes down for significant time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: With JON out for a while, what should we do?:
    [QUOTE]several D-League teams thought magnum rolle, a 6-11, 225 lb. 4/5, had the most upside of anyone in the D-League draft. magnum, named after P.I., was chosen third overall by the maine red claws in the november 1 draft.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and the Pacers almost cut someone else to give him a roster space.  Maybe if he does well he can get a call.

Fierce, Bradley is already part of the 15.  I meant if we had to cut someone, what should we do.  (Bigs)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: With JON out for a while, what should we do?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With JON out for a while, what should we do? : Exactly, and the Pacers almost cut someone else to give him a roster space.  Maybe if he does well he can get a call. Fierce, Bradley is already part of the 15.  I meant if we had to cut someone, what should we do.  (Bigs)
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Leave the roster spot open. As long as JO is only out for 2-3 weeks then there's really no need to sign anybody at this time. That is if Wafer gets cut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont think the CELTICs should do anything.  Stand tight and se how JON is in a few weeks. I also think Wafer can be a contributer if given some solid minutes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let Semih play and see if he has what it takes. The guy has potential although his his shoulder is a problem.  The return of a rested Rasheed sounds like a good idea as well if Erden isn't ready.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billi. Show Billi's posts

Re: JON Missing a few weeks is actually a good thing!

At this point in the season it is good JON is out as it give Erden and others a chance to play that they might not otherwise get.

Once Perk comes back how long before he is in actual "game" shape.

What about Bradleyand some of the other youngsters are they ever going to get any meaningful time to play?

Did we know JON had knee problems, and remember JON is NOT our future Erden is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

At this point in time, we don't do anything.  Erden and BBD get more PT and maybe even Harangody sees the floor for 30 seconds here and there.  Until JON is out for months and not weeks, we don't cut someone to bring in a 2-3 week replacement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

I have a need for Sheed. He's the best big out there. In fact, Sheed, if you're out there and reading this I'll buy you an entire case of Bud Light if you come out of retirement to play with the C's this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billi. Show Billi's posts

IThe problem with Sheed is under the new rules for Tech's he would be out for the season after a few weeks, PLUS he doesn't seem to have a "burning desire" that every great time needs to show.

n Response to Re: With JON out for a while, what should we do?:
    [QUOTE]I have a need for Sheed. He's the best big out there. In fact, Sheed, if you're out there and reading this I'll buy you an entire case of Bud Light if you come out of retirement to play with the C's this year.
    Posted by WhiskeyB[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts