With that great 20/20 vision, Ray Allen, Johnson & Moore..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

With that great 20/20 vision, Ray Allen, Johnson & Moore..........

Danny should have pulled the trigger on Ray (just before the ankles gave out) and the fact that Doc did not take advantage of this season/schedule and play the rookies in meaningful minutes every night  was/is a sin......  And there, Sportsfans is how the season ends !!!!!   (Allen, Paul P. & Avery should not be on the floor with their injuries)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: With that great 20/20 vision, Ray Allen, Johnson & Moore..........

Where you been?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: With that great 20/20 vision, Ray Allen, Johnson & Moore..........:
    [QUOTE]Where you been?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]  Just watching from afar as the Big 3 & the incomplete point guard are nearing the end !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: With that great 20/20 vision, Ray Allen, Johnson & Moore..........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: With that great 20/20 vision, Ray Allen, Johnson & Moore.......... :   Just watching from afar as the Big 3 & the incomplete point guard are nearing the end !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    Love your optimism.  With what you and some other posters are currently posting, it's beginning to feel a bit like a dirge around here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

what else could we expect from bill? he's protecting his own interests. once the celtics fall short next round, he - along with the many others - gets to pat himself on the back. won't that be fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In my thread on this same topic I mentioned more significant 20-20 vision stuff Bill.

First, they did pull the trigger on Ray, it was Mayo's fault that trade didn't go through. It as to late before the deadline to revist any other trades.

Second, the crying shame of the frontcourt was that West chose the Pacers over the Celtics followed by Jermaine and Wilcox getting hurt.

By the time those 2 were disabled it was March and Johnson had shown very little in his time on the court (awkward/clueless ball) to deserve minutes, therefore was likely not earning them in practice like Steamer and Hollins did.

And Moore was given a chance early to beat out Avery and didn't. We used him when Ray was hurt and probably should use him now b/c Ray AND Avery are hurt, but he didn't deserve more regular seasons minutes and was a 4 year college player, he should be ready when called on, looks like he maxed out his ability (unlike Johnson whose either a bust or will improve A LOT if he's to make a mark in this league)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

So you were expecting a rookie with no training camp to beat out a guy who was hurt most of his first year and both missed training camp because of the lock-out? I think Moore has shown flashes. If we would have wrote Bradley off so quickly, we would be in very bad shape right now. "Maxed out his ability" ........WOW!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In my thread on this same topic I mentioned more significant 20-20 vision stuff Bill. First, they did pull the trigger on Ray, it was Mayo's fault that trade didn't go through. It as to late before the deadline to revist any other trades. Second, the crying shame of the frontcourt was that West chose the Pacers over the Celtics followed by Jermaine and Wilcox getting hurt. By the time those 2 were disabled it was March and Johnson had shown very little in his time on the court (awkward/clueless ball) to deserve minutes, therefore was likely not earning them in practice like Steamer and Hollins did. And Moore was given a chance early to beat out Avery and didn't. We used him when Ray was hurt and probably should use him now b/c Ray AND Avery are hurt, but he didn't deserve more regular seasons minutes and was a 4 year college player, he should be ready when called on, looks like he maxed out his ability (unlike Johnson whose either a bust or will improve A LOT if he's to make a mark in this league)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of your post except that if Jermaine wasn't signed for two years or Danny had signed someone else instead of Jermaine maybe we would have had a healthy center for the last 2 years instead of one that was mostly injured in his time with the Celtics.  Although, injuries happen and if not Jermaine maybe it would have been someone else who would have been injured.  Just think that the Jermaine signing was a big mistake.  It is unfortunate that Wilcox had a heart problem since he was a great addition to this team and was really contributing and could have helped in our current playoff run. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yeah, i don't know, there weren't any better FA C's than the O'Neals that summer and giving him that deal wasn't bad at the time, b/c he was just expected to share the C position w/ Shaq and MAYBE between the two of them we could get 2 months of 40 minutes before Perk came back and then one of them would likely emerge and stay healthy enough to give 15-20 mins through the playoffs, which JO actually was able to do and woulda been greatbacking up Perk.

It was dumb to give a 2 year deal... but not having him wouldn't have given us more money, we were so far over the cap, it was not turning his expiring deal into something at the break to help with this current run that was the real killer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

There's really no way to look back on this season (which obviously isn't over) and have too strong a feeling one way or the other yet. The group as is has done better than I ever expected...I would have loved to see a couple players turn into more 1st round picks, but at least Danny attempted and was just unable to do so. The team has already exceeded my expectations...and that's on top of injuries to O'neal, Wilcox and Green and almost nothing out of Daniels. We've seen Bradley and Steamer blossom into, at the very least, very servicable NBa bench players who I would never worry about giving minutes to...and they still have room to grow. And we have seen with the way Doc treats his rookies (not good or bad just a fact) that we won't know what we have in Moore or Johnson until next year. I have  a feeling something will shake up the offseason, and that will be interesting to see...but as far as swan songs for the Big 3 are concerned, I never wanted to see one, but this is better than I would have predicted

Sections
Shortcuts