With the 6th pick DA will draft...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

With the 6th pick DA will draft...

I think DA will draft Marcus Smart. Just a gut feeling. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: With the 6th pick DA will draft...

Trade the pick. I think that pick is as good as gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kevin Love

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Marcus Smart makes it worth keeping the #6 pick.

Moving up into the top 10 or 12 from #17 should be priority #1

Imagine getting Marcus Smart and Zac LaVine in the same draft ?

What about Ainge  drafting Jus?ef Nukic with the 2nd draft pick ? , even if he has to move up to #14 to get him....

THAT WOULD BE A PRETTY GOOD DRAFT !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Marcus Smart makes it worth keeping the #6 pick.

Moving up into the top 10 or 12 from #17 should be priority #1

Imagine getting Marcus Smart and Zac LaVine in the same draft ?

What about Ainge  drafting Jus?ef Nukic with the 2nd draft pick ? , even if he has to move up to #14 to get him....

THAT WOULD BE A PRETTY GOOD DRAFT !

Guy looks really good..he is intense..put him in against Rondo..DA likes to create competition between positions..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

It depends what else we do.  Why draft smart if we are keeping Rondo?  Why draft another freaking power forward, we already have 3, 2 of them very young?  Why draft Gordon as a SF, if he can be one, if we are paying Green 9 million to play that spot?  I think who we draft depends on who we are going to trade.  Having said that, I like Smart a lot, he makes the idea of trading Rondo for a big appealing.  I know not everyone agrees, but I would love to see Rondo for Monroe, straight up.  Then we draft Smart.  With Smart, Monroe, KO, and Sully, you would have 4 good young players, 3 at a really good price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Hey it may be a good omen to keep #6 and #17...since both numbers represent great Celtic players.  Trying to look for a silver lining. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

1,2 and 3 in any order are set.

ORL or Utah WILL take Exum...........................

let's say ORL takes Exum at 4

who will Utah take?

I think that's the key question here.

Don't be surprised if Utah takes Gordon.  They have Kantner, Favors, Burke and Hayward.  Gordon gives them a nice, young team.

That leaves Smart, Vonleh or Randle for us.

Draft Smart = trade Rondo

So, I think we should draft Vonleh!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Having said that, I like Smart a lot, he makes the idea of trading Rondo for a big appealing.  I know not everyone agrees, but I would love to see Rondo for Monroe, straight up.  Then we draft Smart.  With Smart, Monroe, KO, and Sully, you would have 4 good young players, 3 at a really good price.

Not bad...like the idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Gordon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I wouldn't take Smart with the 17th pick, much less the 6th.  Gordon is more of a power forward than a small forward. I'm leaning toward Randle or Dario Saric with the 6th pick, and hoping Harris falls to us with pick 17. If Danny don't trade the pick, i say we dangle Sully and see what he brings. See what it would take to pry Gorgui Deing from the twolves, and that's just for starters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

A B G

anybody

but

gordon!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I wouldn't take Smart with the 17th pick, much less the 6th.  Gordon is more of a power forward than a small forward. I'm leaning toward Randle or Dario Saric with the 6th pick, and hoping Harris falls to us with pick 17. If Danny don't trade the pick, i say we dangle Sully and see what he brings. See what it would take to pry Gorgui Deing from the twolves, and that's just for starters.

I disagree 100% with everything KYC just posted.  Smart had a great season.  He's tenacious on D, and he's a match-up problem on O.  Whoever drafts him will get an immediate impact player.

How is Gordon more PF then SF?  A traditional PF plays the post, while the SF plays the perimeter.  Not to mention that when it comes to fast-breaks and transition offense, he's more effective than most guards- hence the comparisons to Blake.

Fortunately for the C's, Harris won't fall to 17.  I like Bayless over Harris.  I watched a lot of Harris, watched him force a ton of bad shots.  Plus he's small for a SG, perhaps that's why he didn't get measured last week.

And why would you ever dangle Sully??  Sully was a risk when he took him.  Experts said that he'll require surgery, but if not for that, he'd be a top 10 pick.  Well, he's recovered from surgery..he gets better and better every game...he developed a three-point shot (which no one saw coming back when he was in college).  You do realize that his freshman stats are better than Randle's, right? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

With the 6th pick...DA picks his nose

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

I disagree 100% with everything KYC just posted.  Smart had a great season.  He's tenacious on D, and he's a match-up problem on O.  Whoever drafts him will get an immediate impact player.

How is Gordon more PF then SF?  A traditional PF plays the post, while the SF plays the perimeter.  Not to mention that when it comes to fast-breaks and transition offense, he's more effective than most guards- hence the comparisons to Blake.

Fortunately for the C's, Harris won't fall to 17.  I like Bayless over Harris.  I watched a lot of Harris, watched him force a ton of bad shots.  Plus he's small for a SG, perhaps that's why he didn't get measured last week.

And why would you ever dangle Sully??  Sully was a risk when he took him.  Experts said that he'll require surgery, but if not for that, he'd be a top 10 pick.  Well, he's recovered from surgery..he gets better and better every game...he developed a three-point shot (which no one saw coming back when he was in college).  You do realize that his freshman stats are better than Randle's, right? 

+1 on everything. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Actually, Smart had a great last 2 seasons, has great size, great motor, great vision.  Every scout on every website has him listed way ahead of Harris.  Why on earth would you dangle sully and then pick Randle?  You are replacing a solid, young, improving player with a player with good potential.  A wash at best.  As for Deing, he is not really someone I would be very excited about.  In my opinion, a draft of Randle and Harris would be very disappointing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Actually, Smart had a great last 2 seasons, has great size, great motor, great vision.  Every scout on every website has him listed way ahead of Harris.  Why on earth would you dangle sully and then pick Randle?  You are replacing a solid, young, improving player with a player with good potential.  A wash at best.  As for Deing, he is not really someone I would be very excited about.  In my opinion, a draft of Randle and Harris would be very disappointing.

[object HTMLDivElement]

UGH!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

For me it's either Gordon or Randle and trade Sully. Sully doesn't have enough lift to play against bigger guys. KO with either one is a good start.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER TWEENER COMBO GUARD!!!!!!!! Y would you want marcus smart? We already have a better  version of him in ab. Both are plus defenders but ab is a much better jump shooter. He is a ball dominant player and just an avg athlete (also was over 10% bf at combine). No thanks. 

We need shooting and size. Vonleh provides both. He would already be the LONGEST player on our team,  he has a  nice jump shot and is a plus rebounder as well. He should be able to play some stretch 5 too.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We could get both Smart and Gordon, and then look for the greatest offensive rebounder available, cause he would get lots of work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:

We could get both Smart and Gordon, and then look for the greatest offensive rebounder available, cause he would get lots of work.

LMFAO!!!!! Bricklayers Union would be looking for dues at their contract signings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Julius Randle
    PF | Kentucky
    Aaron Gordon
    PF | Arizona
    Marcus Smart
    PG | Oklahoma State

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Randle or Vonleh, in that order.

Sections