With the 6th pick DA will draft...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: With the 6th pick DA will draft...

What if we Draft Vonleh, trade him to OKC with a future 2nd and we get to keep Vonleh's hands and give them to Perk LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Vonleh is possibly a Kevin Garnett type two way player. If we can draft him, we better not trade him for a glamorous one way player (Love).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I don't want K Love asking price to much for what the return will be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Garnett entered the league with less skill than Vonleh actually. So skinny he had to be a 7 foot small forward!

Vonleh already blocks shots, beasts on rebounds, shoots the three and has low post offense he gravitates too.

Garnett always gravitated to his awesome outsude shooting.He had to be begged to take it to th he rim. Not Vonleh! He has more Al Jefferson in him. Even though he is an awesome shooter too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Vonleh I just don't think he will be there at 6 but if he is I would take him.  I still think we end up with Gordon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rame projected him (Gordon)as a Shawn Marion and thats what I see too. At worst he becomes a Shane Battier with hops.

But I think he will be a great player in an uptemp system like Phoenix traditionally has.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garnett entered the league with less skill than Vonleh actually. So skinny he had to be a 7 foot small forward!

Vonleh already blocks shots, beasts on rebounds, shoots the three and has low post offense he gravitates too.

Garnett always gravitated to his awesome outsude shooting.He had to be begged to take it to th he rim. Not Vonleh! He has more Al Jefferson in him. Even though he is an awesome shooter too.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Plus he is very young and from everything I have heard and read has a tremendous attitude.Vonleh with the 6th pick is the way to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Garnett was 19 his rookie season and Vonleh wont be 20 until the end of next summer! So no comparison yet.(nba stat wise)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Garnett was 19 his rookie season and Vonleh wont be 20 until the end of next summer! So no comparison yet.

[/QUOTE]

says the guy who just finished comparing them.

[/QUOTE]

Well you tried to compare an older Garnett to a younger Vonleh. I compared them to each other at Vonlehs age and status, pre-nba.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I just hope it's not Randle.  I would take Vonleh, Gordon, and Smart over him for this particular team.  I think he is the only one semi-slotted in the top 5 that will slip, and I really hope DA lets him continue to slide on by.

Randle to me seems like a bull in a china shop who just lucked out by physically maturing faster than most guys.  He's not going to be pushing around guys in the NBA like he did in college, so he is going to have to totally remake his game to be successful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But Garnett's value wasn't his offensive prowess.  That was a plus.  If the kid has leadership and defense and rebounding - then he may be worth something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I see Vonleh as another Chris Bosh best case scenario

Julius Randle has been compared (all day) to Zac Randolph

Either one of them plus Marcus Smart would be the best Celtics draft since Paul Pierce was picked #10 way back in the day.......

Vonleh is possibly a Kevin Garnett type two way player. If we can draft him, we better not trade him for a glamorous one way player (Love).

[/QUOTE]

Agree!

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts