with the number 5 pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the boston Celtics select....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: with the number 5 pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the boston Celtics select....

Id absoluty would take Vonleh, As I said in another post about who you would take at this pick blah blah my answer was vonleh. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Anthony Davis is a one of perhaps two per generation players at the 1.  It might even be him alone and then the next tier for the next 10 years.  Would love to see him with the Rondo on the Celts. Perhaps they can can get him when he's a free agent in three more years

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If the C's drafted him I would trust that Danny sees a future gem.

He would not be Anthony Davis, who carried his team to an NCAA title. But like I said, I see a lot of Chris Bosh in him. Bosh was 1 and done at GaTech as his '03 team made the Sweet 16 but the '04 team a year later went all the way to the title game. As we've seen, Bosh is more of a 3rd banana shooter who early in his career let the veteran PF-C's have their way with him.

Vonleh would best be served spending a year in the D-League. That would fit into the Celtics frontcourt rotation plans as well. If I were the C's, I would sign and trade Kris Humphries and send him (with Faverani) to the Rockets for Asik.

2014-15 Frontcourt:

C- Asik (26 minutes), Olynyk (22 mins)

PF - Sully (30 minutes) Bass (18 mins)

That is if we keep Bass for the final year of his deal and don't trade him. The C's are more than capable of playing Asik 30 mins, Sully 32 mins and Olynyk 28 mins and have the last 6 mins played by Jeff Green or Gerald Wallace.

After next season Asik will be a 29 year old free agent. A fair contract like the one Larry Sanders got (4/44) for a defensive C who can't close games b/c of his 54% career FT shooting would work nicely. He also doesn't have the wear and tear most 29 year olds have, with just 5,000 career NBA mins or so up until now and 3 seasons in Turkey before that.

2015-2016 Frontcourt;

C - Asik (26 mins), Vonleh (14 mins), Olynyk (8 mins)

PF - Sully (30 mins), Olynyk (18 mins)

Vonleh would have only turned 20 two months before the season started. His age 19 year in the D-League and his age 20 year playing only 12-16 minutes is what we should expect if we draft this kid. don't rush him. But he can keep chipping away at Asik's mins as Omer enters his 30's and by the time Asik is 33 and his contract is up Vonleh will be about to turn 23 and start his first big money contract season.

it doesnt matter who we draft at 5, would b like 2007.. just drafting to trade.. DA clearly has no intention on keeping this pick.. period! that pick with sully and JG with another #1 in 2016 or '15 will get us a stud!

Sections
Shortcuts