With this loss....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: With this loss....

In Response to With this loss....:
    [QUOTE]Miami ties us for #1 in the east... this pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Miami and Orlando just keep winning games.  It is surprising that either team hasn't lost any games recently. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Miami will end the regular season ahead of Boston so no big surprise there.  The Celts should be more concerned with the Magic and the Bulls, as these 2 teams could finish ahead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

It's going to be hard for anyone to beat Miami...not because they are that good, but the NBA/David Stern is determine to make the HEats the next "lakers' team for the NBA.  Which means he has order his hitmen, namely the NBA refs, to call it the Heats' way.     I have watched all of their games, and they get the most ticktack, most outrageous calls ever.   Wade whines on every play if he doesn't get calls, and the heats get the call their way 9 times out of 10. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I'm not worried about Miami. We've beaten them twice already and should continue to do so when our guys are back healthy. This loss to the Bulls only shows that the team should continue to work to better itself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

You should be very concerned about the heat since they are a very different team than the first 2 times we played them. Also rayallen1's take on it as well is cogent and will be at play..Disregard the heat/magic at your peril..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well the C's hold any head to head tiebreakers but I don't think it will come down to that. Can the Heat keep up the feverish pace? They can't afford one injury and the playoffs are a different game.

I keep saying it. It's hard to beat the Heat on one night but in a series where you have to adjust from game to game it's going to be tough for the Heat to deal with Boston and Orlando's size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: With this loss....:
    [QUOTE]It's going to be hard for anyone to beat Miami...not because they are that good, but the NBA/David Stern is determine to make the HEats the next "lakers' team for the NBA.  Which means he has order his hitmen, namely the NBA refs, to call it the Heats' way.     I have watched all of their games, and they get the most ticktack, most outrageous calls ever.   Wade whines on every play if he doesn't get calls, and the heats get the call their way 9 times out of 10. 
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

You said it.

Ive watched parts of alot of their games and its just crazy. How many times Lebron has come down on the break absolutely crashing out-of-control intoa defender at the foul line sendinog him flying....blocking foul!! 

Its just sickening to watch, it really is.

I will say the Heat are also playing great ball. Lebrons jumper is much better (I havent looked at the stats so..)  and the Heat spread the court well. Lebron finds the HEat role players alot standing alone on one side of the court or the other..behind the 3 pt line... and they are sinking them.

Any team getting the whistles like they do will be tough to beat.  The refs really can be the biggest factor in any game and they cater to Lebron to the point of disgust. 

Complete bias and absolutely no shame about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I posted in Dec, after KGs injury, my thoughts that the Celts would be lucky to come out of January leading the east.  The strain of so many injuries...one coming back as another goes down.. just makes it difficult to always be on.

Id love for the C's to get HCA for the playoffs but it wont hurt all that much if they dont. 

Injuries are sometimes a blessing as long as they're not season ending. It gives players an opportunity to show what they got. Thats how Baby emerged after KG went down in Utah with the knee. Hes been a key player ever since.

Now, with Rondo, KG, JON, Shaq, DWEst & Perk all missing substantial  time... we're being forced to give minutes to Semi, Luke, Wafer & AB as well as using some of th eother players in different roles. 

What have we leanered?

To date Ive learned Nate has trouble handling PG for any long stretch..good to know now than in the playoffs.

We learned Semi can give us some minutes at center because hes improved some with all the playnig time hes got.

We've seen flashes of Luke playing hustling ball...a decent shot and rebounder. Hes now getting more minutes on a regular basis and will prob keep getting more than usual (which was zero)when everyone returns

We've seen Wafer play very well but very inconsistenly. But we've also seen him play real tough on defense... hes getting comfortable now in his game and getting these extra minutes has upped his stock with Doc imo.  Dont be surprised he plays more & more in certain situations ... maybe even the playoffs.

Ive learned AB is a project and wont be counted on unless we have no choice,.

Hopefully we get everyone back healthy by next month... and DOc uses a more equitable rotation to keep them that way.  We have the depth and some of the lower tier players mentioned above have earned a little more confidence with Doc now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]It's going to be hard for anyone to beat Miami...not because they are that good, but the NBA/David Stern is determine to make the HEats the next "lakers' team for the NBA.  Which means he has order his hitmen, namely the NBA refs, to call it the Heats' way.     I have watched all of their games, and they get the most ticktack, most outrageous calls ever.   Wade whines on every play if he doesn't get calls, and the heats get the call their way 9 times out of 10. It is sad but the reffs do seem to favor certain teams and players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I never thought we would get so little from J.O. , he is a walking injury.  Shack has been great, but I am beginning to think it would be nice to have a  healthy Kendrick Perkins back in the lineup.  The importance of D. West has become apparent with the questionable play of Nate, he has not improved but became less of a roll player for us, something is missing in his offence that may get better with the return of D. West.  At this point we are in need  of a D. West return or a trade for a veteran point that can contribure in several ways.  WE could use a Paul Pierce sub, but they are hard to come by. Mabey Luke?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]You should be very concerned about the heat since they are a very different team than the first 2 times we played them. Also rayallen1's take on it as well is cogent and will be at play..Disregard the heat/magic at your peril..
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]I didn't say I wasn't concerned about the Heat. I stated that I was confident the Celts can beat them with a full complement of healthy players. The Heat remain to be weak in the middle and that is one area which the Celts can exploit to their advantage. It's definitely not going to be easy to defeat a Heat team that is beginning to play to its potential, but it's very doable with smart play. The Heat have won a number of close games. It's not as if they're  bulldozing all the competition. Teams are only learning now how to match up with them. Also, the playoffs present a totally different situation where the collective experience of the Celts will be an intangible advantage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With this loss.... : I didn't say I wasn't concerned about the Heat. I stated that I was confident the Celts can beat them with a full complement of healthy players. The Heat remain to be weak in the middle and that is one area which the Celts can exploit to their advantage. It's definitely not going to be easy to defeat a Heat team that is beginning to play to its potential, but it's very doable with smart play. The Heat have won a number of close games. It's not as if they're  bulldozing all the competition. Teams are only learning now how to match up with them. Also, the playoffs present a totally different situation where the collective experience of the Celts will be an intangible advantage.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]
    The Heat have NOOOOO bench. They won't be acquiring one anytime soon, despite Haslem's claim he'll be back in April. Sure, out of shape and needing time to reacclimate himself to the game. We'll see the same problem with Perk and West, only they'll have half a season to get it back together. Plus, the Heat may be Supermen but injuries have a way of changing things, as we can attest. So let's wait and see. As for the Magic and Heat winning a lot, the Celts have a 17 game stretch coming up with only the Fakers, Magic, and maybe Utah as 'toughies'. So we can go on a real roll too. That's what happens in an increasingly mediocre NBA, the good teams hit a 'sweet spot' in the schedule where they can make hay!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

The heat are very much like Cleveland last year. Remember Cleveland had the best record in the east last year and got killed by the C's in the playoffs because when the playoffs begin it is a multi game series and the one note act of the heat won't play against a bigger team with a real offense instead of a bunch of players trying to do it themselves everytime down the floor.

And it doesn't matter that they have Wade and Lebron since they both play the same way. It is still one on one out there when either one of them has the ball.

Can a team win like that? yes...Is it likely the will beat a healthy team play oriented Celtics? No.

The C's have had a couple of key injuries that let the Heat catch up in the loss column.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I never thought we would get so little from J.O. , he is a walking injury.  Shack has been great, but I am beginning to think it would be nice to have a  healthy Kendrick Perkins back in the lineup.  The importance of D. West has become apparent with the questionable play of Nate, he has not improved but became less of a roll player for us, something is missing in his offence that may get better with the return of D. West.  At this point we are in need  of a D. West return or a trade for a veteran point that can contribure in several ways.  WE could use a Paul Pierce sub, but they are hard to come by. Mabey Luke?
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

JO has had nothing left for 5 years and I can't really figure out what Danny was thinking other than I think he paniced with Perk going down.

Luke a Pierce sub?  Luke is a journeman unathletic tweener who will go back to the end of the bench when they get back to a normal rotation.

The guy they really miss is West.  His ability to run team and also be an option in the offense, get to the rim, etc. would really help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]The heat are very much like Cleveland last year. Remember Cleveland had the best record in the east last year and got killed by the C's in the playoffs because when the playoffs begin it is a multi game series and the one note act of the heat won't play against a bigger team with a real offense instead of a bunch of players trying to do it themselves everytime down the floor. And it doesn't matter that they have Wade and Lebron since they both play the same way. It is still one on one out there when either one of them has the ball. Can a team win like that? yes...Is it likely the will beat a healthy team play oriented Celtics? No. The C's have had a couple of key injuries that let the Heat catch up in the loss column.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

The Heat are very much like Cleveland last year?  You mean the Cavs 3rd best player last year was like Chris Bosh?

The Heat have won 19 of their last 20 - must be a fluke.

I agree the Heat are not built for the playoffs because of size and depth but they are not like last year's Cavs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The Heat are going to run away with the east.  They're already starting to do it.   Celtics are now competing for 2nd or 3rd spot in the East with Orlando and Chicago.  It's nice to think they might compete with Miami, but until and unless they get serious about the defense they play, it's a moot point.  Two years ago, and in last year's playoffs, this team played swarming, nasty team defense.  Right now, in the past week, they've had games where they've watched opponents take the ball hard to the rim.  Literally. 

No one is going to catch Miami once they open up a three game lead in the east.  So what.  If Boston can once again head into the playoffs healthy and motivated, regardless of the spot they earn, they're going to be a force. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]It's going to be hard for anyone to beat Miami...not because they are that good, but the NBA/David Stern is determine to make the HEats the next "lakers' team for the NBA.  Which means he has order his hitmen, namely the NBA refs, to call it the Heats' way.     I have watched all of their games, and they get the most ticktack, most outrageous calls ever.   Wade whines on every play if he doesn't get calls, and the heats get the call their way 9 times out of 10. 

Did it remind you of Rose last nite?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Amen to that, brother.
    Pope Stern has issued his edict.  Just like in the past, the C's are going to have to beat more than the opposing team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With this loss.... : JO has had nothing left for 5 years and I can't really figure out what Danny was thinking other than I think he paniced with Perk going down. Luke a Pierce sub?  Luke is a journeman unathletic tweener who will go back to the end of the bench when they get back to a normal rotation. The guy they really miss is West.  His ability to run team and also be an option in the offense, get to the rim, etc. would really help.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Funny the first time West was with us you lumped him as a player that is drafted every year.  Then you did your name game and named 15 players that were better than him.  Hard for you to stay with the same story huh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat are going to run away with the east.  They're already starting to do it.  Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Heck I thought we still had a better record.

You know we just went thru maybe our toughest 2-3 weeks of the year, playing a ton of games with older players and injuries to 40% of our starting lineup and everyone is jumping ship.  Don't give up so quick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With this loss.... : Did it remind you of Rose last nite?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yes, it reminded me of Rose last night.  However, Lebron gets much more favoirtism.  Ever see Lebron bowl over someone and that call is on the defender?   Then when someone breathes on Lebron, he also gets the call.   And when he runs down and blocks someone's shot from behind knocking them down, he does NOT get called for a foul.  

Imagine the treatment Rose got last night and multiply it by 2 or 3 and that's the treatment Lebron gets.

By the way, part of the reason Rose got so many calls was because he beat Rondo who was looking to make a steal after being passed and it caused our bigs to breathe on (AKA foul) Rose.  It put our bigs in foul trouble immediately.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

ray allen,
    your comments on the Heat and the officiating being skewed to favor them is right on the money.  What do we do to fight City Hall?  You saw where it got us in the fourth period of game seven last June. It bothers me a lot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

As in life, City Hall can be overcome.  It takes a LOT of teamwork and coordination and determination and skill.  Most of all, you have to make it so obvious that City Hall is wrong, that they back off!  In plain language, great defense can overcome the bad calls.  I believe the Celts have that potential!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I am confident that the heat will struggle in the playoffs. I feel like the bulls would beat them in a 7 game series. They don't have the balance that they need to be successful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

The Heat are not built for the playoffs, they do not have any size and their half court offense is not that good.  They have tremendous transition offense and defense but that is not going to enough in the playoffs where about 90% of the fame will be in the half court set.

That is where, if healthy, the Cs are better built with good scorers and size with plenty of fouls to give.

What can or will happen is the Heat with young stars will obtain size and bulk through the draft and weed out the older teams over time, i.e. the Celtics.

I find it kind of funny how some of the major sports basically change the rules for the playoffs; the NFL enacts an overtime rule change which for all intents and purposes does not really affect most of the game, hockey plays a shoot out in the regular season but in the playoffs you actually have to score, and in the NBA - the refs change the rules by "letting them play" which is really the only way the Cs made the finals last year.