WITNESS MIAMI LOSE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Re: WITNESS MIAMI LOSE!!!

Duncan didn't have the serious knee injury that Garnett suffered. Could be argued that injury cost the Celtics a trip to the Finals in 2009. They were the form team in the NBA at the time of the injury and another championship would have added nicely to Garnetts resume.

Happy to see the Spurs win. Ray Allen had a big night with his shooting. However mathematically speaking he'll have a couple of very average to poor nights in the next 3 or four games. You can't shoot 3 out of 4 from long range, without going 1 for 5 or 0 for 4 in the immediate future. Someone has to cover his off nights.

Must be hard for Miami as they did everything right except win the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

BEAT THE HEAT!

I like the Spurs in 6. Like I've said before. LeBron will outright win one game (35+ points). The goon squad will outright win one game (of course in addition to a 20-10-10 from LBJ).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Duncan.  37 years old and still plays like a power forward.  Taking notes, KG?

Duncan is a PF - Splitter is the C.  KG had no other choice but to play out of position - and still did a damn good job.  With a center and KG playing in position, the team dynamics change for the better, at least for next year.  I'm hoping that Ainge does go after a championship next year and brings in a piece or two to add to their current resources - that includes Pierce playing many fewer but important minutes.  A genuine shooter at the 2 and a center is a winning combination, not to mention a healthy team without significant injuries.  Many variables, as ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Rondo is nowhere near Parker"

Nice gratuitous slam, and it sounds good. Until you realize that at around the age Rondo is now, the Spurs had serious concerns about Parker and were actively courting Jason Kidd. If Kidd hasn't extended with the Nets he would have been a Spur and Parker would have been relegated to off guard or who knows what.      

Wasn't that in 2003? So Parker was not in Rondo's current age, he was around 20 years old.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ten-years-after-striking-out-with-jason-kidd--the-spurs-have-followed-tony-parker-s-lead-to-the-nba-finals-060105541.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

"Rondo is nowhere near Parker"

Nice gratuitous slam, and it sounds good. Until you realize that at around the age Rondo is now, the Spurs had serious concerns about Parker and were actively courting Jason Kidd. If Kidd hasn't extended with the Nets he would have been a Spur and Parker would have been relegated to off guard or who knows what.      

Wasn't that in 2003? So Parker was not in Rondo's current age, he was around 20 years old.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ten-years-after-striking-out-with-jason-kidd--the-spurs-have-followed-tony-parker-s-lead-to-the-nba-finals-060105541.html

[/QUOTE]

Finals MVP in '07, he was 25 then. Rondo is 27.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to painter's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

Duncan.  37 years old and still plays like a power forward.  Taking notes, KG?

Duncan isa PF - Splitter is the C.  KG had no other choice but to play out of position - and still did a damn good job.  With a center and KG playing in position, the team dynamics change for the better, at least for next year.  I'm hoping that Ainge does go after a championship next year and brings in a piece or two to add to their current resources - that includes Pierce playing many fewer but important minutes.  A genuine shooter at the 2 and a center is a winning combination, not to mention a healthy team without significant injuries.  Many variables, as ever.

[/QUOTE]

KG plays well down low when he wants to.  Witness post all star game 2012.  Gets a new contract, stops playing down low.  He's a 7 foot 2 guard on offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Did anyone hear an announcer's comment after that they needed Ray Allen's 3 pt scoring but it was like "Quid Pro Quo"---you get something but also give up something---and that was Ray's lack of defense. I do not want him to get a ring. I don't believe had he stayed with us, we 'd won the title but there were many games we could have used his scoring. And it would have been nice for him to retire in Green along with KG & PP( hmmm...but, of course, still don't know about them).

Tonight, naturally, I'll be watching the Bruins but on any night the Sox don't play , I root for any team that plays against the Yankees(adding the Balts & Tampas to the list too). And if the latter two play the Yankees, even ahead of them in the standings, I still root against NY.

And regarding basketball, I do the same when Celtics don't play I root for the team playing the Lakers and needless to say, I am a San Antonio Spurs fan these days !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Did anyone hear an announcer's comment after that they needed Ray Allen's 3 pt scoring but it was like "Quid Pro Quo"---you get something but also give up something---and that was Ray's lack of defense.

Well, I heard the announcers (and ESPN website) also giving Ray credit for his defense (and rebounding as well) against George in this seasons playoffs, against Kobe in this reagular season and against Wade in the last years of the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Did anyone hear an announcer's comment after that they needed Ray Allen's 3 pt scoring but it was like "Quid Pro Quo"---you get something but also give up something---and that was Ray's lack of defense.

Well, I heard the announcers (and ESPN website) also giving Ray credit for his defense (and rebounding as well) against George in this seasons playoffs, against Kobe in this reagular season and against Wade in the last years of the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong. I had always liked Ray Allen and felt he was a classy guy.  Something went wrong that he abandoned KG & PP when all 3 got their only rings together. It had to do with a discord with Rondo, Doc or both...dunno.

But re: his defense against George(previous playoffs), and Kobe and Wade last year, unfortunately, in sports like in many other things you are only as good as your last game & last night his defense was weak ? Also, he did not come up big for us vs Lakers in game 7 in 4th qtr 2010 when just 1-2 threes might have won #18 for us and last year too in game 7 vs Heat he was a non factor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

But re: his defense against George(previous playoffs), and Kobe and Wade last year, unfortunately, in sports like in many other things you are only as good as your last game & last night his defense was weak ? Also, he did not come up big for us vs Lakers in game 7 in 4th qtr 2010 when just 1-2 threes might have won #18 for us and last year too in game 7 vs Heat he was a non factor.

Are we talking about Ray's defense in general or the last game only or his overall play? Hard to get from your post.

Ray will not be much of a defensive impact against the Spurs as the primary scorers are Parker, Duncan and Corner Threes when these guys are doubled. But what did Ray wrong on D in game 1? Actually, he had 3 boards in limited minutes (Bosh had only 5, Haslem 4, Chalmers 1 and Wade 3) which is good and had a +/- of +5 in a loss. Not bad either. Seems like Wade with his -11 and Bosh with -9 lost the game for Miami.

And was has game 7 of the 2010 finals to do with it? It is not even a good example for your point cause Ray played pretty good D on Kobe in that game (while shooting horrible himself).

My point is: Ray is a pretty fair rebounder for his position and a surprisingly good defender against taller 2s and even some 3s. He is beyond terrible against smaller, quicker players as he is slow as a snail (cause the guy is 37). According to this site his +/- for the playoffs is now +135 (!) including last game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I thought this would be a 7 game series but, after watching last nights game I learned 3 things; 1 Popovich is the 2nd best coach ever in NBA history. 2 The Heat might get swept,they didn't choke they got beat by a superior team. 3 The only real Big 3 in NBA history is Duncan,Parker,Ginobli. I will not be shocked if they sweep this series

I know I'll take some guff on that last statement but sorry those guys are better together and have the hardware to show it than Mia's Big3 or either of our Big 3s. I'm an absolute born and raised homer but,they are the three some core ever. Our Celtics of the 60-70s were more than 3 main players,but as a core of three players DPG are the kings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I will not be shocked if they sweep this series

Mmh, seems to me like a little overreacting to the Spurs win. Similiar to what a lot of people did after every game of the Pacers Heat series.

If the Spurs don't hit the two buzzer of Duncan and Parker they would have most likely lost that game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I will not be shocked if they sweep this series

Mmh, seems to me like a little overreacting to the Spurs win. Similiar to what a lot of people did after every game of the Pacers Heat series.

If the Spurs don't hit the two buzzer of Duncan and Parker they would have most likely lost that game.

Agree.  I can't imagine that they are going to sweep Miami.  I still want  the Spurs to win since I dislike Miami so much but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a 7 game series.  I expect Miami to win game 2 especially since they are playing at home.  If Miami loses game 2 which would be very surprising then I suppose it is possible that they could be swept. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I thought this would be a 7 game series but, after watching last nights game I learned 3 things; 1 Popovich is the 2nd best coach ever in NBA history. 2 The Heat might get swept,they didn't choke they got beat by a superior team. 3 The only real Big 3 in NBA history is Duncan,Parker,Ginobli. I will not be shocked if they sweep this series

I know I'll take some guff on that last statement but sorry those guys are better together and have the hardware to show it than Mia's Big3 or either of our Big 3s. I'm an absolute born and raised homer but,they are the three some core ever. Our Celtics of the 60-70s were more than 3 main players,but as a core of three players DPG are the kings.

yeps...i see it that way too. SA is a better team and they can play better...I thought they were making a mistake and playing Miami's tempo the whole game, but they are quite capable fo doing it and keeping the score close. Then they play defense and cause turnovers and miami has to recover. They had Miami on their heels the whole night in my opinion but could not score the knockout...They are very efficient on offense and don't turn the ball over like the Pacers...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Spurs not so secret weapon! 

GREGG POPOVICH'S COACHING PHILOSOPHY

"I think mostly the system is about consistency, ... Our system more than anything is just persistent and consistent with a defensive emphasis. We don't talk about how many games we're going to win, winning a division, winning a championship, none of that stuff. No goals, none like that. Our goal is to get better every day, to practice every day, to treat the game with respect. If we can come out every practice and every game, learning something that we did well or that we did poorly, we can go from there. And then, you know, the way you handle players off the court or around the court that's just an individual thing with every team.”   Gregg Popovich Posted 25th May 2012 by Joey Burton

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I hear E. Spoelstra ordered 2-copies of My Favorite Drills and the Motion Offense, late last night (rush delivery)!!! 

Gregg Popovich: My Favorite Drills and the Motion Offense

Gregg Popovich: My Favorite Drills and the Motion Offense

See more by Gregg Popovich

• Currently 4.77/5 Stars.

4.77/5 Stars (22 Reviews)

All coaches have a group of favorite practice drills, and NBA great Gregg Popovich is no exception. He dedicates this presentation to drills that have led to NBA championships. He begins with a simple, yet fundamental 3-on-0 pass and cut drill, which is a staple for the Spurs and is run throughout the entire season. Full court 3-on-3 and 4-on 4 weave drills expose and develop passing, thinking and decision-making. An excellent drill to establish defense is the 4-on-4-on-4 drill. Without the pick away and post up options available, players must pass, cut and maintain good spacing while looking to score. Conditioning and communication are two key elements of this competitive drill. Later in the drill, the pick & roll is added to the offense to create difficulty for the defense. The down and back 5-on-5 drill incorporates all of the pieces of the game. To teach several defensive principles, the full-court one-on-one drill is used often. Technique, desire, and passion are required to be successful in this intense drill. Disc II includes a favorite shooting drill where points are given for makes and points are lost for misses. The rocker and jab step can be added to this drill. Popovich is committed to fundamentally sound offensive play. The 5-on-0 motion drill is run full court to improve offensive patterns. He introduces the gaggle, which is a two-man game on one side of the floor. Popovich closes by teaching the finer points of his motion offense. He does an excellent job of stopping play to explain and teach players his offense. Cornerstones of this offense are the 3-on-3 drill, the gaggle play and the 2-on-2 elbow look and are broken down often.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

After game 2 I guess that KG should not take notes of Duncan!

All you guys are way overreacting to one game and the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Despite this Duncan has had a great season, over the last years he really struggeld in at least on series every postseason, e.g. shooting terrible (from field and FT line).

If the Cs would have lost in the first round as a first seed, like the Spurs did in the past, you guys would have been all over the team and Doc.

Last thought of yesterdays match: If someone still thinks Ray is a bad defender (against tall wings) should take another look at tha game yesterday. I think none of his opponents scored against him until Bonner came up with shot in the garbage time (mid 4th quarter). After what Ray has done to Ginobili yesterday, it is hard to belive that he was not credited with some steals.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Hey GK, didn't I tell you the Spurs would get 2 wins?

Was I right or was I right?

HAHAHA

They may get the championship.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Hey GK, didn't I tell you the Spurs would get 2 wins?

Was I right or was I right?

HAHAHA

They may get the championship.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Re: 2013 Finals Prediction - OneOnOne Style

posted at 6/4/2013 11:36 AM EDT

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 6/7/2013

The Spurs will for sure get 2 wins. Just not sure if they can get 3 or 4

Wrong again Fungus. Time to spin the story once again...

Trying to twist the story again... Spurs got 2 out of 3. Still think they can't get 3 or 4????

laugh out loud gif

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

If Spurs got 2 out of 3. Still think they can't get 3 or 4 wins????

We'll see if you really admit when you are wrong...

I know you won't but I'll give it a try...

Time to twist the story once again...

laugh out loud gif

Sections
Shortcuts