Wiz like Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Wiz like Green

And they can have him - how about sign and trade Gortat for Green.  We can throw in Bogans if they want.

Read it on Hoopshype today...........

Mel - I was tempted to write "Per Source" - but that would make me no better than him, right?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Wiz like Green

Hedley, you COULD never sink that low, not even if you were thrown into a dryer and shrank. Wait, now I realize how commy got that way - LMFAO!!!

I say let's get it done. Dump Green early and often and if they want him I'd take a Metro monthly pass for the guy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I was amazed to hear a team liked Jeff Green, but keep in mind that while the reporting was credible (came from Grantland's Lowe originally), the Wizards will try to re-resign Ariza first and if they do, they won't need Green. 

And, as another writer pointed out, "Green was just one of many potential targets Lowe listed, and there was no indication the Wizards have ever discussed -- or plan to discuss -- a possible deal with Danny Ainge. "

So, lots of perspective is needed but yeah, Ainge should be on the phone with them right now - the heck with the playoffs :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think the Wiz like Gortat , don't you ? 

John Wall & Bradley Beal seem to like Gortat, can't see the Wiz giving him away for Jeff Green if they can sign him for reasonable price. Even if their salaries match, I think the Wiz like Gortat for what he provides their team, a tough rim protector and good locker room guy that the young guys respect.

That being said, and as much as I like Gortat......I don't think we should undervalue Jeff Green.......I 'd like to see a few other trade proposals before I would trade Green for Gortat.....just not a slam dunk , Jeff Green  has value !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Really Hedley? Green for Gortat/ There is absolutely no way the Wiz do a Gortat sign and trade for Green. Kinda a pink hat comment from you there bro. 

The Wiz can trade Martell Webster and Otto Porter for Green. Almost equal cash. 1 year deals for all (Green has an option). Webster is a poor man's Green. Similar but not as good all around, yet he's the same age, would demand less minutes to be a slightly better 3 point shooter and would be less frustrating to watch. A guy who would just quietly come off the bench and maybe be more efficient.

Where Green would be going home to where he played college at Georgetown, to be a teams 4th-5th best player, a perfect role for him, Porter needs a change of scenery from his hometown club. After being the 3rd pick out of G'Town he was the invisible man this year, but adds a young lotto pick at SF who could still develop eventually into what Green is now. fits the age of the players on the Boston rebuild.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really Hedley? Green for Gortat/ There is absolutely no way the Wiz do a Gortat sign and trade for Green. Kinda a pink hat comment from you there bro. 

The Wiz can trade Martell Webster and Otto Porter for Green. Almost equal cash. 1 year deals for all (Green has an option). Webster is a poor man's Green. Similar but not as good all around, yet he's the same age, would demand less minutes to be a slightly better 3 point shooter and would be less frustrating to watch. A guy who would just quietly come off the bench and maybe be more efficient.

Where Green would be going home to where he played college at Georgetown, to be a teams 4th-5th best player, a perfect role for him, Porter needs a change of scenery from his hometown club. After being the 3rd pick out of G'Town he was the invisible man this year, but adds a young lotto pick at SF who could still develop eventually into what Green is now. fits the age of the players on the Boston rebuild.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, whether or not I think the Wiz will do it is not relevant.  Gortat will be a UFA......and I know they want to re-sign him.  He is, however, 30 years old.  Would he be part of a rebuild?  Not even sure he'd want to come to BOS.   Just trying to make the money work.  I do like your trade better, but.................it all depends on where we land in the draft.  If we take Parker or Wiggins, we don't need Porter or Webster.  If we take Embiid, we don't need Gortat.

There were some on this board that wanted The Suns to take our garbage for Gortat.  There were still others that wanted no part of him, since he's 30.  My trade does help both teams.....Green would be perfect on the Wiz........and they already have Nene and Gooden. 

Trade will never happen, but I don't think it's as ridiculous as you claim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Maybe the Wizards like Green as a person and you misunderstood?

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Jeff Green SUCKS...always has, always will....

Trade him for anyone or anything...he's a loser, all unmet potential and no results when it counts, and PLEASE, do not rehaSH THE WORLD SHATTERING (AND losing) PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE LAST YEAR...lmfao...TALK ABOUT FOOLS GOLD...Dump him early and often.,..heck, I'd take a two #2's for the stiff right now, and I'm not kidding.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if we are in a position to land a solid 3 in the draft, then i'm all for trading green. if, however, we cannot draft our 3 of the future, i'm not sure why we'd want to trade away our leading scorer who played in all 82 games and is signed to a pretty average contract. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

There are several teams interested in Green, Detroit and Houston.  This center that everybody is ready to throw away out first pick for is an unproven project at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff was the focus of our offense and teams had noone that could shut him down, not even Lebron. And that was his 1st time in that position. He will only get better with experience as THE go-to guy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Jeff was the focus of our offense and teams had noone that could shut him down, not even Lebron" 

LOL, and I thought we had run out of Jeff Green Koolaid. 

Just curious if he is so great then why does nobody want him?

(except for the Wiz, allegedly, and not very much)

I want a hit next please....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, whether or not I think the Wiz will do it is not relevant.  Gortat will be a UFA......and I know they want to re-sign him.  He is, however, 30 years old.  Would he be part of a rebuild?  Not even sure he'd want to come to BOS.   Just trying to make the money work.  I do like your trade better, but.................it all depends on where we land in the draft.  If we take Parker or Wiggins, we don't need Porter or Webster.  If we take Embiid, we don't need Gortat.

There were some on this board that wanted The Suns to take our garbage for Gortat.  There were still others that wanted no part of him, since he's 30.  My trade does help both teams.....Green would be perfect on the Wiz........and they already have Nene and Gooden. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh it is absolutely as rediculous as I claim.

The only way it makes any sense is if Gortat said he was 100% leaving, chose Boston as his destination, and asked to be signed and traded here. Since the C's have no cap space he'd have to have another team with cap space, and an offer in place for him, to use as leverage and THAT team would have to offer less in a sign and trade than the value that place on Jeff Green.

Like I said, silly.

What were the garbage offers for him when he was on Phoenix?

I remember making a Rondo and Bass for Dragic and Gortat offer last fall before Rondo tore the ACL. I believe my ideas for Gortat were always Bass, Bradley and a 1st round pick.

I agree that the draft would determine if we needed a SF like Porter or not.

Disagree again that the Wiz are somehow ok because they 'already have Gooden and Nene'. You mean two 30+ PF's makes them ok at center? That is like us being ok at C because we have Bass and Sully.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeff was the focus of our offense and teams had noone that could shut him down, not even Lebron. And that was his 1st time in that position. He will only get better with experience as THE go-to guy!

[/QUOTE]

Please stop...man, I like ya but sometimes you are even more delusional than  Jabro#1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Danny sees Green as a 2 year contract to unload to go after a bigger fish.  He will try to trade Wallace and Green all season for expiring deals or picks.  I like Green but he's expandable for the right deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny sees Green as a 2 year contract to unload to go after a bigger fish.  He will try to trade Wallace and Green all season for expiring deals or picks.  I like Green but he's expandable for the right deal.

[/QUOTE]

I don't like Green and he's expendable for ANY deal, even a package of baby butt wipes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only way it makes any sense is if Gortat said he was 100% leaving, chose Boston as his destination, and asked to be signed and traded here. Since the C's have no cap space he'd have to have another team with cap space, and an offer in place for him, to use as leverage and THAT team would have to offer less in a sign and trade than the value that place on Jeff Green.

Like I said, silly.

I remember making a Rondo and Bass for Dragic and Gortat offer last fall before Rondo tore the ACL. I believe my ideas for Gortat were always Bass, Bradley and a 1st round pick.

Disagree again that the Wiz are somehow ok because they 'already have Gooden and Nene'. You mean two 30+ PF's makes them ok at center? That is like us being ok at C because we have Bass and Sully.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like I said, I fully expect the Wiz to sign him.  And, like I said, I like your trade better.

They like Green and we need a C.  I also get he is a UFA and has a choice of destination.

Just throwing a bunch of stuff on the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Ainge is said to be shopping Green.....................and I read the Wiz like him.  That's all.

Not saying your trade to PHO was the "garbage" one, either.

But - if the Wiz can get Gortat  and three other players for Okafor?  Certainly they could acquire another big man for Ariza, and pair Wall, Beal and Green together with Nene.

AGAIN - not going to happen, but my trade does help both teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeff Green SUCKS...always has, always will....

Trade him for anyone or anything...he's a loser, all unmet potential and no results when it counts, and PLEASE, do not rehaSH THE WORLD SHATTERING (AND losing) PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE LAST YEAR...lmfao...TALK ABOUT FOOLS GOLD...Dump him early and often.,..heck, I'd take a two #2's for the stiff right now, and I'm not kidding.

[/QUOTE]

That's bias and hate talking, not logic and objectivity.   Say he's passive.  Say he's not a leader.  Say he doesn't have a burning desire.  But, do say he stinks or sucks or etc because he clearly has talent and some great games and an ability to really help a team win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, silly.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Like I said, I fully expect the Wiz to sign him.  And, like I said, I like your trade better.

They like Green and we need a C.  I also get he is a UFA and has a choice of destination.

Just throwing a bunch of stuff on the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Ainge is said to be shopping Green.....................and I read the Wiz like him.  That's all.

Not saying your trade to PHO was the "garbage" one, either.

But - if the Wiz can get Gortat  and three other players for Okafor?  Certainly they could acquire another big man for Ariza, and pair Wall, Beal and Green together with Nene.

AGAIN - not going to happen, but my trade does help both teams.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how your trade, or these ideas you are suggesting, help the Wizards at all.

Ariza had a 15.8 PER, he is 28 years old, he averaged 14.4 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 35 minutes.

Green had a 13.1 PER, he is 27 years old, he averaged 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 34 minutes.

Ariza is the better player. At least the player I would want being my 5th best starter/glue guy/consistent effort player than Green.

If Ariza were to go elsewhere as a free agent then I would think the Wiz might be interested in Green. Or if they kept Ariza they might be interested in swapping equal money Webster/Porter for Green b/c he is a veteran who can add to a team that now sees itself as top 4 in the east.

So they would sign and trade Gortat for Green??

Then they would sign and trade Ariza for a center to replace Gortat?

Redundancy department?

And that HELPS both teams?

So they downgrade slighty at SF and then expect to get a better center than Gortat for Ariza? That is impossible. There are ZERO centers better than Gortat available and none would be for Ariza. Asik and Monroe might be on the move and that is all and even though he is 30 Gortat is better than both of them. He is 90% of Monroe's offense with 90% Asik's defense. The other two are both limited at one end of the floor. Gortat is a two-way player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OMG - I read the Wiz like Jeff Green.

I proposed a trade I said would never happen.

I said I liked someone else's trade better

And THIS happens...........................must be the off-season.

NEVER would say any of your proposed trades are "silly" or ridiculous - stop treating me like Fiercy - GOOD GOD!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ok, my bad. I guess I got a little too into showing exactly how there is no way that trade helps the Wizards since you still said it did in your last post.

You are right, there is no reason to treat you like Fiercy. You are an awesome poster Hedley and have been for years.

Fierce is a worthless piece of garbage and a bully with no life outside this forum.

I guess I am so used to proving him wrong on here and nailing home why he is wrong in a 100% airtight way that my typical responses to Fiercy leaked into my conversation with you. 

I apologize.

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Ok, my bad. I guess I got a little too into showing exactly how there is no way that trade helps the Wizards since you still said it did in your last post.

You are right, there is no reason to treat you like Fiercy. You are an awesome poster Hedley and have been for years.

Fierce is a worthless piece of garbage and a bully with no life outside this forum.

I guess I am so used to proving him wrong on here and nailing home why he is wrong in a 100% airtight way that my typical responses to Fiercy leaked into my conversation with you. 

I apologize.

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sarcasm aside, I accept!

And I read today that the Wiz are NOT interested in Green at his numbers..............but Asik will be available, so the Rockets can go after Melo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"And I read today that the Wiz are NOT interested in Green at his numbers"

yep, no surprises here. 

We have a more credible and specific report that indicates once again that Ainge, for reasons we will never know, bid against himself for Jeff Green and signed him to a bloated contract, making him almost instantly untradeable unless he suddenly became an all star. 

Too bad, because with a more reasonable contact he could be tradeable, now he is a poison pill....