Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!

In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Then why did they try so hard to trade him.  Fact is.......they BLAMED him for the playoff exit last year....he's soft, he was distracted, he's played too much over the last 3 years................and don't try to fool me -   I LIVE out here, and hear it on the radio every day....they BLAME Gasol for the mess you're in!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Pau did have a lousy playoffs. He was distracted and it affected the way he played. He has had a very good season basically being the third option on offense.

Nobody blames Pau for the Lakers situation.
    How about Fisher and MWP?

You don't watch the Lakers but listen to them on the radio?
    Yeah ok.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : So...........................listening to them on the radio doesn't count for you?????

Uh, no.
    You cannot analyze a team by the radio or sportscenter highlights.

Move along now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Uh, no. You cannot analyze a team by the radio or sportscenter highlights. Move along now.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I actually like it better.  It's how I grew up, listening to Johnny Most on the radio.  You seem to forget - I don't like your team, why would I make my kids suffer  through watching them....
    Seems to me I know quite a bit about YOUR team for "someone who doesn't even watch them."  like that makes you an expert.....Oh, sportscenter highlights???  I DO watch those...that count???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : I actually like it better.  It's how I grew up, listening to Johnny Most on the radio.  You seem to forget - I don't like your team, why would I make my kids suffer  through watching them.... Seems to me I know quite a bit about YOUR team for "someone who doesn't even watch them."  like that makes you an expert.....Oh, sportscenter highlights???  I DO watch those...that count???

You are a sports headline reader.
    Anyone can be with the internet.
    You don't have depth of knowledge.

Sorry, most people have more then 1 TV.
    No, your kids should not have to watch the Lakers if that is their only option.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Pau did have a lousy playoffs. He was distracted and it affected the way he played. He has had a very good season basically being the third option on offense. Nobody blames Pau for the Lakers situation. How about Fisher and MWP? You don't watch the Lakers but listen to them on the radio? Yeah ok.

Sounds like 19 million excuses to me!!!!!!

I meant, of course, BEFORE the season....the venom out here was terrible when he was traded.  NOW, people are all over Fisher and Artest....so, they DID blame the guy.....why don't we just end it here and agree to disagree on this topic as well.......living out there, and hanging out ALL DAY on a Celtics board trying to prove people wrong has clearly left you with a jaded view of your own team.  I read the LA Times every day............."Pau was the reason we lost, he sucked in the playoffs."
    You didn't read it......I did!
    Have a great day!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! :  

You are in denial and have no perspective.  I don't deny any of what you just said about the Celtic's yet you have no ability to judge the Lakers objectively.  Both Kobe and Pau are slowing down.  That's why the Lakers are the 5th seed in the West.

Spin it however you want but Pau is not putting up numbers and even though Kobe is scoring tons his FG percentage is extremely low this year.

Wake up and enjoy your first round match up on the road with the Grizzlies.

Ha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The Lakers have needs. There is no doubt they could use help at the PG and SF positions. But they still have great talent, as evidenced by the double digit leads they held pre-collapse in the past two games. I believe the issues currently lie in the coaching. Hopefully they can be remedied.

I have to say I haven't felt this uneasy about the team in a long time. Even through the Sedale Threatt and Smush years, I knew we had Jerry West and Kupchak running the ship. Now?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers have needs. There is no doubt they could use help at the PG and SF positions. But they still have great talent, as evidenced by the double digit leads they held pre-collapse in the past two games. I believe the issues currently lie in the coaching. Hopefully they can be remedied. I have to say I haven't felt this uneasy about the team in a long time. Even through the Sedale Threatt and Smush years, I knew we had Jerry West and Kupchak running the ship. Now?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

See this is a post that makes sense.  Of course the Lakers have great talent, and of course they could still win it all. Possibly.

But at least man up and admit that they are not playine well, nor are they scaring anyone at this point.

The Celtics and Laker's are not scaring anyone this year.  Gina/Mark continues to act like the Celtics are irrelevant and the Lakers are still big dogs.  Not true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : See this is a post that makes sense.  Of course the Lakers have great talent, and of course they could still win it all. Possibly. But at least man up and admit that they are not playine well, nor are they scaring anyone at this point. The Celtics and Laker's are not scaring anyone this year.  Gina/Mark continues to act like the Celtics are irrelevant and the Lakers are still big dogs.  Not true.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

This will scare the kids, no doubt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : You are in denial and have no perspective.  I don't deny any of what you just said about the Celtic's yet you have no ability to judge the Lakers objectively.

Your hatred of the Lakers does not allow you to judge them objectively.
    Boston going down in flames does not mean the Lakers will also.

If LA does not upgrade the roster, they will not win the West.
    If they upgrade the roster, they are with the top teams.
    OKC, Chicago and Miami are all beatable teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Pau did have a lousy playoffs. He was distracted and it affected the way he played. He has had a very good season basically being the third option on offense. Nobody blames Pau for the Lakers situation. How about Fisher and MWP? You don't watch the Lakers but listen to them on the radio? Yeah ok.

I live in LA too and they do not blame Pau for the Lakers problem. Most of the discussion of problems is with Fisher's age, Mehta's inconsistencies and a bad bench........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : I live in LA too and they do not blame Pau for the Lakers problem. Most of the discussion of problems is with Fisher's age, Mehta's inconsistencies and a bad bench........
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

They don't now, but they did when the playoffs ended last year!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : I live in LA too and they do not blame Pau for the Lakers problem. Most of the discussion of problems is with Fisher's age, Mehta's inconsistencies and a bad bench........
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Right on!

In many stories today, the Lakers players are taking the full blame.
    Barnes said that they did not compete.
    Gasol said that it is embarrassing to play that way with the talent they have.

James Worthy said Brown is trying to be Mr. Nice Guy with them but he needs to light a fire under their azz.

I would expect they will come out with a much better effort on Friday at Minnesota.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Right on! In many stories today, the Lakers players are taking the full blame. Barnes said that they did not compete. Gasol said that it is embarrassing to play that way with the talent they have. James Worthy said Brown is trying to be Mr. Nice Guy with them but he needs to light a fire under their azz. I would expect they will come out with a much better effort on Friday at Minnesota.
    You as I think is part of your pathology never look at what the upkeep of Kobe does to that team.  His chucking shoots indiscriminately and inaccurately hurt the Lakers as much as the age factor does to the Celtics on certain nights.  The idea that he does it now for a middle of the pack team actually may end up leaving him happy because he can have more thirty point nights to go with losses. He is all about the chucking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

just out of curiosity, where did the "Punch in the Grill!!!" headings start? who made it up?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : They don't now, but they did when the playoffs ended last year!!

Yes, that is definitely true...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : You as I think is part of your pathology never look at what the upkeep of Kobe does to that team.  His chucking shoots indiscriminately and inaccurately hurt the Lakers as much as the age factor does to the Celtics on certain nights.  The idea that he does it now for a middle of the pack team actually may end up leaving him happy because he can have more thirty point nights to go with losses. He is all about the chucking.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Kobe does throw up too many contested shots.
    I don't like it and the Lakers probably don't either.
    It is up to Mike Brown to try to limit them.
    This is not new. Phil couldn't convince Kobe to stop shooting so many tough shots.

This all gets back to the pg problem.
    The Lakers point guards never get to the basket when in a half court offense.
    Rondo get through the lane and passes to an open Ray, Paul or KG who hit the shot.
    LA passes the ball around the perimeter for a long 2 on way too many posessions. Kobe probably has 1 jump shot a game with a clean look. Boston players have many due to Rondo's ability to bring the defense to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : It was started by an idiot Laker troll last season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

ahhh...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Kobe does throw up too many contested shots. I don't like it and the Lakers probably don't either. It is up to Mike Brown to try to limit them. This is not new. Phil couldn't convince Kobe to stop shooting so many tough shots. This all gets back to the pg problem. The Lakers point guards never get to the basket when in a half court offense. Rondo get through the lane and passes to an open Ray, Paul or KG who hit the shot. LA passes the ball around the perimeter for a long 2 on way too many posessions. Kobe probably has 1 jump shot a game with a clean look. Boston players have many due to Rondo's ability to bring the defense to him.

HOW???  He does not have the stones to confront his stars....look at his track record!!  He SHOULD do it, but he won't!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Your hatred of the Lakers does not allow you to judge them objectively. Boston going down in flames does not mean the Lakers will also. If LA does not upgrade the roster, they will not win the West. If they upgrade the roster, they are with the top teams. OKC, Chicago and Miami are all beatable teams.

I don't hate the Lakers at all.  I like them about the same as the other teams in the NBA. I have a lot of respect for them as a franchise.

I simply have the ability to recognize that being a 5 seed in the West after being totally destroyed in the playoffs last year is not a whole lot better than being a 7 seed in the East after being totally destroyed in the playoffs last year.

You don't have that ability.

Oh and yes I agree that if LA upgrades the roster they will be better.  Just like if they downgraded the roster they would be worse. Man you really make some great points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wizards Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : I don't hate the Lakers at all.  I like them about the same as the other teams in the NBA. I have a lot of respect for them as a franchise.  I simply have the ability to recognize that being a 5 seed in the West after being totally destroyed in the playoffs last year is not a whole lot better than being a 7 seed in the East after being totally destroyed in the playoffs last year. You don't have that ability. Oh and yes I agree that if LA upgrades the roster they will be better.  Just like if they downgraded the roster they would be worse. Man you really make some great points.

I only dislike the lakers because of the rivalry.  You have to respect a team that is that good for that long.  I agree with you that some of the fans are a little wacky.....as are some of us.  But we know our season will not end in a championship this year.  They are, as you say, in denial!
    Good post!!