Working the NBA Trade Machine: Rondo to Sacramento!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Working the NBA Trade Machine: Rondo to Sacramento!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Again, let's first see what Rondo can do without HOFers.

The top PGs in the NBA right now have a 3-point shot.

In today's NBA, you'll be playing 4 vs. 5 if you're a PG who can't shoot 3s.

I dont understand this thing ... its called .... a Tony Parker? I think he's a pg who doesn't shoot 3s. I think he's "in the conversation" for MVP the last few years. I believe he's a champion. I'm pretty sure he got his team one clutch Jesus shot away from a title in 2013. Pretty sure he also plays with two BIGS who can't shoot 3s.

hmmm... but that must all be incorrect, because Fierce's infallable, absolute theory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I just can't find a favorable trade scenerio with Sacramento, mainly because:

A. They want to keep McClemore who could become a tremendous shooter at the SG playing next to Rondo. A starting four of Rondo, McClemore, Landry and Boogie could be pretty good. Not sure if they have the assets, but they need shooting. Perhaps a Rudy Gay at SF.

B. Their 2014 pick is top-12 protected, but otherwise belongs to the Bobcats. I'm pretty sure this means they can't trade it until they know its theirs?

C. They just have an absolutley AWEFUL roster too similar to ours with a glut of PFs.

D. Grevis Vasquez would need to be included, but the Celtics would likely look to flip him to another team. I think Grevis could be an outstanding backup PG, especially on a team with a score first starting PG. I'm thinking teams like Detroit, OKC, ... not much else comes to mind.

Also, I would want Isaia Thomas in any deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DA will have no shortage of offers if/when he decides to trade RR! He undoubtably is looking for young talent, 2014 draft picks, and or future cap space.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

This trade would never happen. Celtics win BIG TIME.

Vasquez is a sneaky good, efficient PG (14 and 9 in 34 min for NOLA). I wish he shot better from 3 (34%), but I'll definitely live with the other things he's above average at. Steady FT shooter. Underrated for sure.

Dealing Ben McLemore is a move that would haunt the Kings forever because that's been the team's mantra the last couple of years (post Mike Bibby, Peja, C-Webb, Christie, etc.). Kid is super athletic, great form, explosive, tear-jerking backstory, but disappeared in some of KU's big games last year. Feel bad he fell to Sacremento. Thought he'd go higher. Still well worth a risk, if you could even call it that.

Jimmer...whatever, could be fun.

Salmons and Patterson are just fillers. Salmons isn't a bad bench player. Fills a role.

But the biggest part of the trade is shedding Gerald Wallace's atrocity of a contract. This trade somehow saves the Celtics $5 million. Plus, you could add a pick. Not sure which one (no way you get their 1st rounder), but it's not a bad idea to stock pile picks in a LOADED draft.

I love all these fake trades, based purely on how ridiculous they get sometimes. Keep em coming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is over valued in the past, but this is the future and he is our only hope of a leader for this team.  I think he needs the chance, and if I all clicks, then we are on our way with an experienced point.  Rondo, KO, Fav, Mr. X 2, and Green would be an interesting team.  Mr. X 2 is a real 2 that is a good athlete and can shoot.  Mr. X 2 we do not have at this time.  If Celts could acquire Mr. X 2 and this team played together for a year, they could be competative.

Sections
Shortcuts