WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7

After witnessing what happened to the heat last night, it made me wonder what was bigger? Now grant it, it was only game 2 last night and the stakes were not nearly as high as a GAME 7, although the heat were up 15 with a little more than 7 minutes to play. The celtics were up 13 in the 3rd quarter last year before eventually being overtaken and beaten by the better team. I have to rate last year as the bigger meltdown and can only imagine the pain and devastation that the bandwagon celtic fans experienced.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7

So was it a meltdown or were the Celtics "overtaken by the better team"?  Cuz it can't be both if you're interested in something called logic.

To answer the question, I think we'd have to include the biggest blown lead in the NBA finals in 40 years, ya know game 4 in 2008 when the Lake Show gagged up the series on their home court.  Such a selective memory you seem to have when it comes to meltdowns.  The Celts lost a 13 point lead on the road.  The Lakers lost a 24 point lead at home.  Do the math.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Lets add this years playoffss Laker/Mavs Series..I know it's not the finals, but since were talking REAL meltdowns!!!!...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Portland against LA in that game 7 in like 2000 or 2001 was pretty bad.  Although those were the years when Refs were fixing games to make sure Stern got LA in the finals, so I don't know if that one can be solely blamed on the Jailblazers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

I see the celtics are leading in this poll question.  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7:
    Portland against LA in that game 7 in like 2000 or 2001 was pretty bad.  Although those were the years when Refs were fixing games to make sure Stern got LA in the finals, so I don't know if that one can be solely blamed on the Jailblazers.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

You must also be a big fan of the WWE? Which one is your favorite, Undertaker, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Michael Tarver, or Big Show?  Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ignore trollish thread from no-life Laker agitator.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7:
    In Response to Re: WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7 : You must also be a big fan of the WWE? Which one is your favorite, Undertaker, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Michael Tarver, or Big Show? 
    Posted by Tayshawn

Your right, why would I listen to a real life Ref who said he fixed a game in which one team shot 27 foul shots in the 4th quarter.  Ask Mike Wilbon if he likes WWE.

Sports columnist Michael Wilbon responded to the calls in game 6: "I wrote down in my notebook six calls that were stunningly incorrect, all against Sacramento, all in the fourth quarter when the Lakers made five baskets and 21 foul shots to hold on to their championship."

Game 4 2008, biggest choke job in NBA Finals history!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Ignore trollish thread from no-life Laker agitator.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Excellent retort! Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: WORSE MELTDOWN IN FINALS: LAST NIGHT OR 2010 LAKERS/celtics GAME 7 : Your right, why would I listen to a real life Ref who said he fixed a game in which one team shot 27 foul shots in the 4th quarter.  Ask Mike Wilbon if he likes WWE. S ports columnist Michael Wilbon responded to the calls in game 6: "I wrote down in my notebook six calls that were stunningly incorrect, all against Sacramento, all in the fourth quarter when the Lakers made five baskets and 21 foul shots to hold on to their championship." Game 4 2008, biggest choke job in NBA Finals history!!!
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

LOL - Tim Donaghy - Yes, because he is doing his best to promote the NBA after his conviction and jail time. Cool

silly celtic fans!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Amazingly dumb post Tayshawn...even for a troll. Do you remember which team you are a fan of? Did you really think no one here would bring up 2008? LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Amazingly dumb post Tayshawn...even for a troll. Do you remember which team you are a fan of? Did you really think no one here would bring up 2008? LOL
    Posted by mbrann

Actually it was brought up in a previous thread, but my post is much more appropriate. Cool and getting more response at this point. Surprised

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke.

"Game 6 of the Kings-Lakers series was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen."

"Everybody knows the Lakers weren't the best team that series. Die-hard Lakers fans won't admit it publicly, but deep down, they know something was very wrong with that game."

Boston 17

Minnesota/LA  16*

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think the Lakers meltdown in game 4 of the 2008 finals tops all of them, that was at home for them and just the complete and total collapse of a soft team to vastly superior Celtics squad. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Meltdown like finishing 68-14 in the regular season and then not even getting to the NBA Finals?  Like the 72-73 Celtics?  Cs fans will tell you it's because Havlicek was injured.  Never mind that they had 5 other players who averaged double figures in points that season, or that it was actually Jo Jo White who was their leading scorer in the playoffs.  That was a nice meltdown.

Sections
Shortcuts