Worst called game ever?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

Worst called game ever?

I'm watching the sixers vs celtics game and this is flat out the worst ref'ed game I've ever seen.  I know we complain a lot about game 7 of the finals last year and a lot of games in general... but this is terrible. Celtics called for 17 fouls by mid point of third quarter vs. 6 for the sixers.  KG called for a technical for catching the ball and securing it? Shaq called for charge when the guy has a foot 3 feet deep into the restricted area?    As Tommy said: "Call of the league office and give 'em defensive team of the week" (or something close to that).

I'm interested in hearing you guys' thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerryredsox11. Show jerryredsox11's posts

Re: Worst called game ever?

these zebras should be fired calling a game like this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerryredsox11. Show jerryredsox11's posts

whats more weird brand has 5 fouls and the rest of the team has 10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

that 5th foul on Pierce, where Battie smashed his elbow into a bending down Paul's back was HORRIBLE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

These Celtics are abie to win no matter what the line up, and no matter what the referees do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

yeah, it was pretty bad.  Tommy was going off.  7 ft's in 3 quarters compared to like 30.  One play I remember was when Shaq got hacked and then williams came on the other end and got tapped and they called the foul for williams.  I do not understand it.  But we still won and that is all that counts. 

Go C's!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The more we talk about nba conspiracy, better for Stern. 

Stop going to the game, bring Stern to his knee.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Worst called game ever?:
    [QUOTE]These Celtics are abie to win no matter what the line up, and no matter what the referees do.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Agree that it was nice to see the Celtics win this game, despite the poor officiating.  It really was a terribly officiated game, but I am definitely not surprised.  Hopefully, tomorrow's game won't be officiated like this. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

worst since fakirs

loss to raptors was bugus 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It did seem like the refs bet the spread in this game.  Giving us just enough calls at the end to win.  My thought was that they're setting up for Christmas.  Make the games tough on the c's and easy for the magic so they can make it a merry christmas for the "underdog" orlando.

Don't be surprised to c the c's and lakers both lose tomorrow.  Probably phil will make the news again complaining about how many calls wade gets vs kobe.

On the other hand, I've seen worse games called this year.  Probably not many caught the denver in sanantonio game but it was ugly.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Worst called game ever was the Lakers-Kings playoff game a few years ago. I stopped watching the NBA for a year after that one. It was a f ing disgrace.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Fakers conviently forget about that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

got to play through the calling. champions find a way to win, and they did that a couple times a year. now we just have to pull it off when it counts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Didn't hear Tommy complaining when they called 10 fouls on the 76ers in the 4th quarter  ==  to 3 fouls against the Celtics.  OH!

We had 23 Personal Fouls.  76ers had 18.

Problem was that we were totally out of sync.  We had shooting fouls, giving them 2 shots all the time.

Refs have bad games.  Ugly ones.  Just like the Celtics played.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Worst called game ever was the Lakers-Kings playoff game a few years ago. I stopped watching the NBA for a year after that one. It was a f ing disgrace.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agree that was one of the worst officiated games in NBA history. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Worst called game ever?:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching the sixers vs celtics game and this is flat out the worst ref'ed game I've ever seen.  I know we complain a lot about game 7 of the finals last year and a lot of games in general... but this is terrible. Celtics called for 17 fouls by mid point of third quarter vs. 6 for the sixers.  KG called for a technical for catching the ball and securing it? Shaq called for charge when the guy has a foot 3 feet deep into the restricted area?    As Tommy said: "Call of the league office and give 'em defensive team of the week" (or something close to that). I'm interested in hearing you guys' thoughts.
    Posted by maverick685[/QUOTE]

I agree....about the same quality as the 4th quarter of championship game. Very poor officiating. Regular seanson...no big deal...game 7 of the championship...big deal.

Sections
Shortcuts