Worst game of the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Worst game of the season

I think the C's and Lakers were going through the motions last night. Both teams are probably focused on each other and not the Suns or Kings. Doc gets tossed, the C's shoot horribly and have 14 assists to 17 turnovers...yeah they wanted to get this over and head to LA ASAP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Should have known... long trip...2nd of a back to back...maybe eyesights  on Los Angles...Recipe for disaster. No excuses though, they got trounced. It is what it is and they will bounce back against L.A.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey Rondo was 5-6 from the line!!!

Always a bright spot....:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Good job finding a glimmer Heady...I mean Hedley...God Bless Harvey Korman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Worst game of the season:
    [QUOTE]Good job finding a glimmer Heady...I mean Hedley...God Bless Harvey Korman.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  Now I have to go do that voodoo, that you do, so well!

Has there ever been a funnier man than Mel Brooks?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I love Mel... They don't make em like that any more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

anyone know why the Cs were assesed so many technicals during that scrum?  They didn't start it?  If Peitris was thrown out for punching KG in the throat, that foul never happens, the scrum never happens, the 6 extra free throws don't get handed to Pheonix, it is anyone's game.  I'd really like to know if Peitris is going to get a suspension for punching KG in the throat?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

After the rough win in Portland...the starter should have
    just played limited minutes, especially the first half, with that
    kinda lead and just call it a lost maybe and get ready for Sunday.
    Let the Suns' get their thrill. It was not even worth all the
    Tech's that were called. I don't know which was the worst
    the economy or last night's game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

think Doc was thrown out of the game because he knew the outcome of the game was predetermined?  and the ref just didn't want to hear about it all night?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

THe old guys have their usual excuse... 2nd game of back2back & on the road.

Someone predicted the C's would go 8-2 or 7-3 on the road trip... even tho we got 5 games against elite teams.. I knew one of the lesser teams would knock us off....

Now, whats the excuse for Rondo being so careless with the ball? Does every pass need to go cross-court  and be an assist? He was terrible.

The game was about as ugly as it gets. Missed layups all over the place... KG cant finish strong under the hoop.. he needs to fall away or throws up a brick..

Ugly game, terrible refs (what else is new) and now Baby may miss some time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Legs, Karl.  When you're old and your legs are gone, you can't go up strong and your mind tries to compensate by trying things with "arms only" or falling away.  So,yes, age and being tired show up just the way you describe KG.  Did you see Ray's shots - line drives.....comes from no height on your jumpshot.  legs.

Now - Rondo?  Just dumb.  He has no excuse.  He did not show leadership last night.   At critical points, he made dumb passes (that cross the court fast break pass behind someone is happening more often these days).

but, I bet you'll see a more "spry" team tomorrow in LA.  Its amazing what a day of rest and getting into your routine does for an athlete.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I really think this loss was scary with the Laker game coming up.  Never have I seen the Celtics so bad.  Interesting that these Suns seem to have our number.  Last year we got beat badly in Boston and lost the away game as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I think the loss was meaningless.  We lost in a situation of bad circumstances.  The players will put this out of their heads even if the fans won't.  In the NBA, you have to have a short memory - forget the last shot you missed, forget the last game you lost, etc.  If you dwell on it as a player, it will make you tentative in your next shot or game. 

What are the bad circumstances?  obvious - fly to Portland, play in Portland late by your body time, fly to Phoenix that night, arrive at 4am, then play another game when your body is having time zone adjustments and being tired.  Then - the refs call ticky tack fouls to start the game and get you out of your sequence.  Then, it goes down hil from there.

So, Concord, I don't think the game really means anything nor does it signal anything except that we stink on the back to backs on the road.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Worst game of the season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst game of the season : Thanks.  Now I have to go do that voodoo, that you do, so well! Has there ever been a funnier man than Mel Brooks?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
       Mel's a classic but I think Groucho Marx and Curly Howard may be funnier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Stooges were the best comedy team to ever grace God's green earth.

Nuff said.

Sections
Shortcuts