Would Cavs trade picks 19 and 31 in this years draft to Cs for pick # 16?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Would Cavs trade picks 19 and 31 in this years draft to Cs for pick # 16?

If the Cs were still able to get Dieng and A. Goodwin it would be HUGE! THEN shift the focus to developing young guys next season and take a shot at the brass ring - that is - A. Wiggins

Other than getting Lebron in free agency (which wilL not happen) this is the most likely plan to reduce a 15-year rebuild schedule down to 3 to 5-years! With the end goal of a championship in mind (not just making the playoffs)!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Guys - DAL is making a run at DH.  We should BUY the 13 th pick from DAL outright.  Then, with two picks, perhaps get into the Top 10!

Red, c'mon man stop with the whole 'buy' thing.

Dallas is not 'selling' this pick. They would either:

A. Trade it for a future #1 pick (that would obv. be top 10 or lotto protected)

B. Draft an international player and stash him overseas for 1-2 years, therefore avoiding any cap hit

Why they would want cash, over a good player (like Saric or Schroeder) or a future pick, makes no sense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would trade 16 for 19 and 31, but only on draft night once we were sure that nobody slipped to us like Shabazz or Saric, two players who could be stars, which is obviously what this team needs in the future.

If all 'star' potential guys are gone, I'd make this trade, pick up Plumlee, Dieng or Olynyk at 19, one of them will be there. If the team were to re-visit the KG for Bledsoe/Jordan trade later on this offseason then having a backup C who can shoot FT's and provide a more diverse offensive game than DeAndre would be wise to have. Olynyk is too slow/grounded to be much of a defender, but he can board a la David Lee, hit 82% of his FT's and kill you with a mid range game and some post moves.

At 31 maybe someone will drop like Rice Jr., Goodwin or Hardaway Jr. to help out SG situation. If not they can draft an intl guy and stash him for a year or two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I would trade 16 for 19 and 31, but only on draft night once we were sure that nobody slipped to us like Shabazz or Saric, two players who could be stars, which is obviously what this team needs in the future.

If all 'star' potential guys are gone, I'd make this trade, pick up Plumlee, Dieng or Olynyk at 19, one of them will be there. If the team were to re-visit the KG for Bledsoe/Jordan trade later on this offseason then having a backup C who can shoot FT's and provide a more diverse offensive game than DeAndre would be wise to have. Olynyk is too slow/grounded to be much of a defender, but he can board a la David Lee, hit 82% of his FT's and kill you with a mid range game and some post moves.

At 31 maybe someone will drop like Rice Jr., Goodwin or Hardaway Jr. to help out SG situation. If not they can draft an intl guy and stash him for a year or two.

Good plan (waiting for draft night) - the Cs know the Cavs will be selling!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

I personally hope the Celtics either suck the coming year, or they trade someone for a lottery pick in 2014. 2014 is supposedly very deep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DarkFenX89's comment:

I personally hope the Celtics either suck the coming year, or they trade someone for a lottery pick in 2014. 2014 is supposedly very deep.

Bingo! The best plan to shorten the rebuild years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't make stuff up - I only report what I read:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/9301063/2013-nba-draft-dallas-mavericks-mulling-dwight-howard-sweepstakes-sources-say

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts