Would MN send Love to Clev w/o Wiggins included in deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Re: Would MN send Love to Clev w/o Wiggins included in deal?

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

In response to superj2k10's comment:

I could see BOS offering: Sully+ Young/Smart+ and four 1st. Flip, how can you say no to that?

Sully is not an all-star but has the potential to develop into a 18pt/8reb starter in the league. Smart has come as advertised -- fearless, tenacious, relentless defensive player. Needs to work on shot selection but has the work ethic to improve...and think he will. Four 1st rounders? Icing on the cake Flip.

Just dont get why Flip prefers a couple of starters who MAY or may NOT become elite. He never made it to the playoffs with Love, what makes him think he is going to make with lesser players? Take the young guys+picks Flip!

Glen Taylor, Wolves owner, doesn't want to deal with the Celtics.

You know that to be a fact? I keep hearing that and it just doesn't make good business logic. If the C's have something they want they'll deal if not they're not doing their job. If the C's don't have what they want they won't deal. Simple as that. All of this Kevin helping his buddy Danny and Minny not wanting to deal because of that is dumb. And if it is really the truth and none of us know for sure than it's even dumber.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

You know that to be a fact? I keep hearing that and it just doesn't make good business logic. If the C's have something they want they'll deal if not they're not doing their job. If the C's don't have what they want they won't deal. Simple as that. All of this Kevin helping his buddy Danny and Minny not wanting to deal because of that is dumb. And if it is really the truth and none of us know for sure than it's even dumber.

Celts offered the #6, #17, and another future 1st round pick plus, Sully or Oly before the draft.

Minny said that's not good enough.

Think about it, that's 3 1st round picks and a promising young player.

That's a fair offer.

But Minny don't want it.

I can provide you with multiple articles saying Glen Taylor doesn't want to deal with the Celtics.

Maybe that's hard to believe, but until now Kevin Love is still not a Celtic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves" rel="nofollow">http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves

There are also a few other reasons why the Wolves might not be too hot about trading Love to Boston. One, Wolves owner Glen Taylor reportedly isn't keen on sending another star player to the Celtics after how the Kevin Garnett situation played out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Celts offered the #6, #17, and another future 1st round pick plus, Sully or Oly before the draft.

Minny said that's not good enough.

Think about it, that's 3 1st round picks and a promising young player.

That's a fair offer.

But Minny don't want it.

I can provide you with multiple articles saying Glen Taylor doesn't want to deal with the Celtics.

Maybe that's hard to believe, but until now Kevin Love is still not a Celtic.

Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me but neither if us is Glen Taylor. Maybe he wanted more proven players. If he is publicly stating that he doesn't want to deal with the Celtics than as I stated earlier it's dumb. Prudence dictates that you put BS aside and do what's best for your team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves" rel="nofollow">http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves" rel="nofollow">http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves

There are also a few other reasons why the Wolves might not be too hot about trading Love to Boston. One, Wolves owner Glen Taylor reportedly isn't keen on sending another star player to the Celtics after how the Kevin Garnett situation played out.

That's dumb too. They screwed that up themselves not the C's. Which explains why they'll suck forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves" rel="nofollow">http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/5/5782090/kevin-love-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-timberwolves

That's dumb too. They screwed that up themselves not the C's. Which explains why they'll suck forever.

They sure did. Blaming the C's for their incompetence is a poor reflection on that franchise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Bingo!

That's why the Wolves want the Celtics to overpay for Love.

It eases the pain if Glen Taylor can brag about robbing the Celtics blind.

But Ainge is smarter than that, he will not overpay for Love.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wiggins will be in the trade.  Lebron's press release did not even include a shout out to Andrew.  He will be in Minny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Wiggins played pretty well in his first game?  That's what I heard anyway.  17 points?   I think they are very hesitant to deal him.

If they keep him, he MAY (not saying he will) be able to take the reins from LeBron when he starts to slow down.  Again, not saying he's that good, but I don't know.  Maybe he is.  I think they will do everything to NOT include him in the deal.  And, depending upon their view of Wiggins, they may pass on Love......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11209471/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-andrew-wiggins-coach-david-blatt-says" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11209471/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-andrew-wiggins-coach-david-blatt-says

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Wiggins will be in the trade.  Lebron's press release did not even include a shout out to Andrew.  He will be in Minny.

I agree.  CLEV would be insane to pass on Love for the sake of Andrew Wiggins.  LBJ + Love + Kyrie = Instant Champeenship.  LBJ is in his prime.  He doesn't want to be a teacher.  He wants to dominate the NBA.

Kudos to Gilbert for playing a little hard-to-get, but I'd be shocked if Love doesn't get traded for Wiggins by EOW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wiggins is not going to Minny right now.  Cleveland has to be sure, Wiggins is not the next Scottie Pippen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

IF Wiggins was the next Pippen, which he very well may be (he could even become the next Kobe considering the athletic ability he already has) would you want to wait to see how his ceiling is? 

Love already is a stud.  No need to wait and see if Wiggins will become a stud, also.  And LBJ is in his prime!  Waiting on Wiggins potential could cost them a couple of championships.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I'd include Wiggins in the deal to get Love in a heartbeat.

This kid doesnt have Chosen One tattooed on his back because hes not... I never did understand all the hoopla over Wiggins. One things for sure..LOVE is already a superstar and if the Cavs have a shot to get him for an unproven rookie that has more hype surrounding him than anything, you put roller skates on Wiggins, grease the bearings and push him northbound.

I agree with your assessment on Wiggins, that said, he's got potential to be a great defender. That's important too. Again, why would Cleveland deal him when there is no urgency to get Love for 2014-15? LeBron left for Miami to get his rings. He's made it clear, he's back in Cleveland for good.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

Sections
Shortcuts