Would OKC trade Perk for Green?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Would OKC trade Perk for Green?

I have seen enough of Jeff to feel he is not going to be the player the Celts expected. I would like this Celts team a lot better with Perk, KG, PP, AB and Rondo.....with Sully, Bass and Lee off the bench. 

I think OKC would use Green to push Martin for Hardens minutes and spell KD. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Re: Would OKC trade Perk for Green?

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have seen enough of Jeff to feel he is not going to be the player the Celts expected. I would like this Celts team a lot better with Perk, KG, PP, AB and Rondo.....with Sully, Bass and Lee off the bench. 

It's possible, but highly doubtful in my opinion. Collison could replace everything but blocks. They probably view Perk as a glue, enforcer type that brings mo than just stats. I don't think Green can replace what Collison brings tho...Plus both teams would be admitting they made a mistake which makes it even mo unlikely. Thinking out of the box is good tho...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

It's possible, but highly doubtful in my opinion. Collison could replace everything but blocks. They probably view Perk as a glue, enforcer type that brings mo than just stats. I don't think Green can replace what Collison brings tho...Plus both teams would be admitting they made a mistake which makes it even mo unlikely. Thinking out of the box is good tho...

the pre seasn rumors were that KC were going to amnesty Perk after his season. That was before the Harden trade however, so not sure what the thinking is now. still seems watchig OKCplay Perk is a square peg on a round hole team, but e still fits in green perfectly for what the C's lack and need. Rebounds, defense, setting picks.

As AB rounds into form and Sully keeps making strides, I see Green fighting Lee for 7th/8th man minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Perkins ship has sailed.  I always liked Perk on our team, but I don't think he is walking thru that door.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

The Perkins ship has sailed.  I always liked Perk on our team, but I don't think he is walking thru that door.

Agree with you.  I wish the trade had never happened, but it is unlikely that he would return to the Celtics. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to admit that I've changed my mind.....I do like Green's upside....but Perk is just what we need down low....would either team admit the trade didn't do what either thought it would do...?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

What is all the love for Perk anyway. He is rarely used by OKC in the 4th quarter and is such a liability on offense. Green hasn't been that good either but we got a first round pick also and Perk makes 9 million and is not worth it. Green was out all last year. He will need more time before we write him off this season. I think we overpaid for him but I don't want Perk back. To me he's not that much different then Collins and a whole lot more expensive. It is not just about who's better sometimes, salary plays a part also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

not a chance. Green is a stiff. 

OKC likes Perk a lot. They may not need him if the Lakers can't get it together but Perk is a Howard killer. 

If they don't need him they may trade him but not for Green.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Perkins.  4 points and 5 boards in 25 minutes a game.

and he makes 8 million a year with three years left on his contract.

I have no idea why anyone would want Perkins for that contract.  

Dalembert is a lot better is also cheaper.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Cousins

Gortat

Dalambert

KMart

Perk!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Perk is not the answer.  For his numbers the price is way to steep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Perk is not the answer.  For his numbers the price is way to steep.

Remember we need a scoring presence inside not just a toughmindedness. We need both. Perkins is medieval as far as his offense goes.

Sections
Shortcuts