would orlando give up afflalo for the #17?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

would orlando give up afflalo for the #17?

probably not. but if they would...

rondo/bayless

afflalo/? (probably wouldn't be able to sign bradley)

green/?

love/olynyk

asik/olynyk

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: would orlando give up afflalo for the #17?

Yeah, I've mentioned getting Afflalo a few times. Depends on what the TPE is used on. Most here think the TPE and the Clippers pick for Asik is more than fair since it would be done prior to free agency and give the Rockets the means to free cap space for runs at veterans and/or trades.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

C'mon guys.....Arron Afflalo is just another Jeff Green......take out the better D, better passing, younger, cheaper and still getting better from Afflalo, and there you have Jeff Green!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

oil and vinegar are better than mayo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A solid plan if Love cannot be traded for:

1. TPE and our top 10 protected 2015 pick to the Rockets for Asik and 2nd rd pick #42

2. Pick 6, Wallace and Bogans to the Magic for pick 12, Afflalo and Al Harrington (expiring). Afflalo is an excellent 2 way player. He is in a better position now, healthy off an 18 point 46/43/81 %'s season at age 28 than Ray was coming here in '07 off dub ankle surgery at age 32.

3. Select LaVine at 12 (most upside) or Payton if he is gone. Randle could drop. Select Porzingis or Nurkic 17, one will prob be there, and stash him overseas for 2 years.

4. BPA or maybe another foreign draft and stash at #42

5. Avery for 5/35, Celtics are now at the cap. 

6. Pierce for 2 years, full MLE of so about 12.5 million over those 2.

Celtics are a competitive and fun team, they will earn the 4-6 seed and hopefully battle into the 2nd round. Obviously that isn't the 'blow it all up or contend are the only two options' route many want. But they will lurk as the most dangerous team in the league when it comes to possibly adding a superstar on the trading block. They have all their treasure trove of picks except one given up for Asik. A stashed foreign big. And FOUR young players under 23 with the floor of solid starters and the ceiling of all-stars plus an insane amount of expiring contract cash, 35+ million. 

Durant summer of 2016 is the target

and we get PP back:-)

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Celts don't get Kevin Love then Ainge will trade Rondo and he will NOT go after Asik.

[/QUOTE]

Even if I feel this too, you are too much of a coward to bet me that Rondo will be traded on draft night as you repeatedly say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Afflalo does nothing for this team if they do not have a top flight player(s) to build around.  Afflalo is a complementary player on a team with better players.  They either get Love or they should use the #6 pick.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Why turn this current Celtics team into another one of those 1993-1995 Celtics?

If the Celts can't get Love then build for the future.

Tankapalooza again in 2015 then start trying to make the playoffs in 2016.

[/QUOTE]

Are you asking me to answer a question I already answered?

The goal is Kevin Durant in 2016 and possibly putting another superstar with Rondo sooner than that. This team moved down in the lotto. will still add an exciting player, and in Afflalo and Asik put players next to Rondo that a superstar knows he can win a championship with.

The best player on the 1993 Celtics was Reggie Lewis, who was the same age as Afflalo and Green and a better player than them both, but not drastically so. If you compare Green to Lewis than Afflalo is better than Dee Brown, Rondo better than Sherm, Asik better than Parish, Sully better than McDaniels, an old Paul Pierce better than an old Kevin McHale. Bradley is a similar age and role (defensive stopper) to Rick Fox and I'll take Bass and Olynyk over Ed Pinckney and Joe Kleine anyday.

The 1994 Celtics were the lotto team they should have been. The 1995 Celtics the mediocre awful team you fear, a rebuild ruined by ML and Red with Dominique signed after Gavitt fought against the idea and was demoted.

This situation would be NOTHING like the 1993-1995 Celtics. Wrong again.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the 1993 Celtics tanked instead of winning 43 games maybe they would have had a pick in the 5-7 range in that draft?

This years Celtics could have won 43 games if Rondo was healthy all year long and they turned Bass and Lee into Asik or done something to clear up the excess at 2 positions and get a legit center.

Their pick in the 1993 draft could have been a headcase like Isaish Rider (Smart), a solid undersized PF in Rodney Rogers (Randle) an all-star but not superstar PF in Vin Baker (Vonleh) or somebody that isn't going to turn the world around. I think the Celtics would have loved to have put a superstar big man alongside Lewis with good role players like Brown, Fox, Dino and Sherm, someone like David Robinson (Love)

But Lewis passed away tragically. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

"The best player on the 1993 Celtics was Reggie Lewis, who was the same age as Afflalo and Green and a better player than them both, but not drastically so. If you compare Green to Lewis than Afflalo is better than Dee Brown, Rondo better than Sherm, Asik better than Parish, Sully better than McDaniels, an old Paul Pierce better than an old Kevin McHale. Bradley is a similar age and role (defensive stopper) to Rick Fox and I'll take Bass and Olynyk over Ed Pinckney and Joe Kleine anyday."

Haven't you learned your lesson?

Didn't you also compare the 1998 Pitino Celtics to this season's Celtics of Brad Stevens and you came up with the conclusion that this season's Celtics will be better and end up with 37 wins.

So stop feeding us BS.

[/QUOTE]

This team was better than the 1998 Celtics who played to win for the egomaniac coach who was also team president.

I predicted 28-32 wins. You predicted 18-19. I already won this one.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Look at the mental midget bully wasting his time copying and pasting and pretending anyone cares.

I know you said 18-19 wins under your deleted banned name back in October, so I have no problem saying that.

I know that I predicted 37 wins only if Rondo was back at Christmas and Ainge made trades to help the team not weaken it. A late Jan Rondo return and turning Lee/Craw into Bayless w/o adding a center fit my 28-32 win prediction.

Keep attempting to win something you lost long ago just by being you. An awful person nobody here can stand.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts