Would the Pacers beat the Heat if they had Gortat instead of Hibbert?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would the Pacers beat the Heat if they had Gortat instead of Hibbert?

I think so.

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Would the Pacers beat the Heat if they had Gortat instead of Hibbert?

I think Charles Barkley said it best.. Hes sick of watching the Pacers and I agree.  As much as I root for the Heat to lose, I cant find myself pulling for either team if Indiana makes the ECF's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yup, it is a shame

Too bad the 2012 offseason was bungled so badly. The Celtics could possibly have kept the Heat from winning any titles:

1. Sign Krstic to extension after 2011 season concluded, before lockout, 3 years at a 20% raise per the old the CBA = 18 million. He was a good 8 point, 4 rebound 7 footer in 20 minutes

2. Draft Chandler Parsons over Jujuan Johnson

3. Tweak the Jermaine O'Neal to New Orleans trade once it is determined that Green was out with heart surgery. Make it a 3-way where Bass (coming from Orlando for Baby) goes to New Orleans, along with JO, Avery and 2012 (Melo pick) and 2013 1st round picks for West (sign and trade at 3/27 and Trevor Ariza (making 6.7m but mostly is a salary dump for NO). That is enough value and 4 savings to entice the Hornets.

4. Trade Ray for O.J. Mayo before the season starts. Don't get greedy and ask Grizz for an additional pick. Ray signs extension with them after the season at like 3/24 over the Heat at 3/9 and isn't on the 2013 team making 3's that win games the Spurs should have won

5. MLE goes to Reggie Evans instead of Chris Wilcox

C - KG, Krstic, Stiemsma

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Ariza, Parsons 

SG - Mayo, (Pierce and Dooling)

PG - Rondo, Dooling

That team could win the 2012 title.

Draft Sully still and redshirt him for a year. Sign Green for 2 years 16 million. Sign Terry for the MLE, but only 2 years. Ditto the KG extension only being 2 years. Give Mayo like 5/40 5th best starter/6th man cash. Challenge the Heat again in 2013 if Rondo doesn't tear his ACL.

Then Ainge could decide if he would blow it up this season. Probably wouldn't. Drafts Hardaway Jr. with a later pick, no Olynyk. Current team has 60 million KG, Krstic, West, Ariza, Green, Pierce and Terry all coming off the books.

Rondo, Hardaway Jr. Parsons and Sully are the building blocks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think so.

“The commercial class has always mistrusted verbal brilliancy and wit, deeming such qualities, perhaps with some justice, frivolous and unprofitable.”

- Red Auerbach

[/QUOTE]

glad to see you finally channeling your inner commy in your thread titles and thought process. this is straight outta my playbook. okc would b winning if they had doc as coach (oops, bad example).. and so forth! yes, i actually agree. gortat for that ssystem is a bteer option. they would have won last year. hibbert needs to b on a different team and a less prominent role. overall, he's a off a bench jabro on a great team, a matchup role type guy! gortat brings it against every and anyone esp in the big moments! seen a few big game 20-15 games from him against big timers like Dwight the howard and in prime bynum!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I would rather have Gortat and second Bogut, who got injured or Golden State might have won as Curry & Thompson are the best front court in the game, I think, than Hibbert or Asik and maybe even Howard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup, it is a shame

Too bad the 2012 offseason was bungled so badly. The Celtics could possibly have kept the Heat from winning any titles:

1. Sign Krstic to extension after 2011 season concluded, before lockout, 3 years at a 20% raise per the old the CBA = 18 million. He was a good 8 point, 4 rebound 7 footer in 20 minutes

2. Draft Chandler Parsons over Jujuan Johnson

3. Tweak the Jermaine O'Neal to New Orleans trade once it is determined that Green was out with heart surgery. Make it a 3-way where Bass (coming from Orlando for Baby) goes to New Orleans, along with JO, Avery and 2012 (Melo pick) and 2013 1st round picks for West (sign and trade at 3/27 and Trevor Ariza (making 6.7m but mostly is a salary dump for NO). That is enough value and 4 savings to entice the Hornets.

4. Trade Ray for O.J. Mayo before the season starts. Don't get greedy and ask Grizz for an additional pick. Ray signs extension with them after the season at like 3/24 over the Heat at 3/9 and isn't on the 2013 team making 3's that win games the Spurs should have won

5. MLE goes to Reggie Evans instead of Chris Wilcox

C - KG, Krstic, Stiemsma

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Ariza, Parsons 

SG - Mayo, (Pierce and Dooling)

PG - Rondo, Dooling

That team could win the 2012 title.

Draft Sully still and redshirt him for a year. Sign Green for 2 years 16 million. Sign Terry for the MLE, but only 2 years. Ditto the KG extension only being 2 years. Give Mayo like 5/40 5th best starter/6th man cash. Challenge the Heat again in 2013 if Rondo doesn't tear his ACL.

Then Ainge could decide if he would blow it up this season. Probably wouldn't. Drafts Hardaway Jr. with a later pick, no Olynyk. Current team has 60 million KG, Krstic, West, Ariza, Green, Pierce and Terry all coming off the books.

Rondo, Hardaway Jr. Parsons and Sully are the building blocks.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad DA doesn't offer you a consulting position as this is a very good supposition comprising a team that really would have had a chance to beat the Heat. We had a tough series vs Atlanta but won in 6 but the 7 game series vs Philly was gruelling. A.Bradley hurt his shoulder & it was felt he could have provided the defense, like a tony Allen,  to beat the Heat when we lost being up 3-2 in the finals 4-3.  But key to me was that Shaq went down and we needed Jermaine O'Neil to step up and I watched him with Golden State this year and he got double-doubles a few times and played like a rookie 2 years later but sucked with us...maybe he was hurt.

I hate the Heat now as I have always hated the Lakers who are as pathetic as we are but our future is brighter and we will get # 18 before they tie us getting # 18 with all our draft picks. Nobody will beat the Heat this year I think. Indiana is so mediocre and has height advantages. Durant & Westbrook not enough and don't know if Clippers will recover from devastating loss last night---I bet this hurt Doc more than the 2010 loss in 7th game to Lakers and Spurs still good, with Duncan(had we got him in lottery years ago we'd won #s 18 & 19 already), Parker & Ginobli but like we were with KG, PP & Ray Allen will be too old to compete in 7 with the Heat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad DA doesn't offer you a consulting position as this is a very good supposition comprising a team that really would have had a chance to beat the Heat. We had a tough series vs Atlanta but won in 6 but the 7 game series vs Philly was gruelling. A.Bradley hurt his shoulder & it was felt he could have provided the defense, like a tony Allen,  to beat the Heat when we lost being up 3-2 in the finals 4-3.  But key to me was that Shaq went down and we needed Jermaine O'Neil to step up and I watched him with Golden State this year and he got double-doubles a few times and played like a rookie 2 years later but sucked with us...maybe he was hurt.

I hate the Heat now as I have always hated the Lakers who are as pathetic as we are but our future is brighter and we will get # 18 before they tie us getting # 18 with all our draft picks. Nobody will beat the Heat this year I think. Indiana is so mediocre and has height advantages. Durant & Westbrook not enough and don't know if Clippers will recover from devastating loss last night---I bet this hurt Doc more than the 2010 loss in 7th game to Lakers and Spurs still good, with Duncan(had we got him in lottery years ago we'd won #s 18 & 19 already), Parker & Ginobli but like we were with KG, PP & Ray Allen will be too old to compete in 7 with the Heat.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man

Agree with you that the Heat are just miserable and overkill and disgusting at this point. And that Boston will win a title before LA does.

I am happy with our rebuild, but would have enjoyed seeing that 2012 season if the team had West over Bass, Ariza over Pietrus, Mayo over an injured Ray, Krstic over Stiemsma and Evans over ? (anybody play backup PF? Jujuan Johnson?).

We'll be great again in a few years with all Danny has to play with, but having #18 and denying the Heat that year the way Dallas did the year before would have been sweet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I wanted to re-sign Krstic as well.  However, it was more the lockout than money as the reason we lost him.  He wanted security, so he went back home....................no lockout, and we would have kept him.

Still don't understand the whole Steamer "thing".   It's almost like Danny has a brain meltdown at the "5."  He is very very good at 1-4, but for some reason (Perk, Fab, JO, Krstic, Erdan, Steamer), he seems to not like Centers.

Perhaps we should query The Chief and see if he and Danny had any hidden issues when they played together......lol

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Charles Barkley said it best.. Hes sick of watching the Pacers and I agree.  As much as I root for the Heat to lose, I cant find myself pulling for either team if Indiana makes the ECF's

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  Indiana hasn't been very consistent for the past few months.   They play one good game followed by a game where they lose in an embarrassing fashion.  Not sure how many games they will win against Miami.  If only they can play like they did at the beginning of the season, which is highly unlikely.  I don't think that Gortat is better than Hibbert, just that Hibbert isn't very consistent and one of the reasons for Indiana' s struggles. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rame makes a thread about the Pacers beating the Heat with Gortat instead of Hibbert.

The Pacers then beat the Heat in Game 1 with Hibbert scoring 19 points and grabbing 9 rebounds.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Hibbert had a 13.6 PER this season. Gortat's was 17.6. 

Hibbert has played in 13 playoff games and averaged 8.5 points and 4.5 rebounds. Gortat played in 11 and averaged 13 points and 10 boards and dominated Hibbert.

HAHAHA

As always, stats don't lie, they CRUSH Fiercy, he can't defend himself against them. Maybe Gortat has the 31 and 16, 21 and 11 or 12 and 15 games he had against Hibbert if he were on the Pacers and they still beat Miami in game 1?

The question was "Who would you rather have these playoffs and would the Pacers have a better chance vs. the Heat with Gortat over Hibbert?" I still say yes and pick Gortat. Hibbert has 6 more games to prove me wrong. Fiercy looks wrong and the fool already though in even responding here. I hope Hibbert averages a 19/9 for the series and the Pacers win, but I'm guessing he folds in South Beach and in crunch time at home in game 5 or 7. Just watch.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So Fiercy chooses the 8.5/4.5 player these playoffs with the 13.5 PER this season over the 13/10 playoff player with the 17.6 PER this season. Understood. It is on the record.

There is absolutely 100% no way to prove that the Pacers would have lost this game if Gortat replaced Hibbert. Gortat had absolutely outplayed Hibbert for an entire playoff series, he could have performed even better in this game even though Hibbert was a monster.

Yup, stats don't tell the whole story, yawn, thanks for telling me this. Like Karl Malone 3rd all-time in scoring and John Stockton first in assists spending their careers together and not winning a title is just one of a million examples of this. Yawn. Thanks professor.

I'll still take Gortat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That was not the point. To 'jump the gun'. It was to show how badly Gortat humilated a player the Pacers need to be at his all-time best to win this series.

I believe in jinx's

Keep it going Roy!!

I believe you will CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE Roy

Do you hear me???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"There is absolutely 100% no way to prove that the Pacers would have lost this game if Gortat replaced Hibbert"

What we do know is that any team with a good center is going to post matchup problems for the Heat. 

The Pacers have loads of issues as a team, but I think they can beat the Heat with either Hibbert or Gortat, if either one is playing well. 

But since they have Hibbert, we'll see how that plays out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"There is absolutely 100% no way to prove that the Pacers would have lost this game if Gortat replaced Hibbert"

What we do know is that any team with a good center is going to post matchup problems for the Heat. 

The Pacers have loads of issues as a team, but I think they can beat the Heat with either Hibbert or Gortat, if either one is playing well. 

But since they have Hibbert, we'll see how that plays out.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Great post and example.

Hibbert is a bit of a headcase and in my opinion pushover (who is out of shape and wilts under pressure) to be able to put up the 5 or 6 games of 16+ points, 8+ rebounds and 2+ blocks that the Pacers need from him to win 4 games in 7 vs. Miami.

I believe Gortat is in the best shape of his career, his motor runs hot and high for 100% of the time he is on the floor, and he would have put up 5-6 games with those numbers against the Heat. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My predictions?

The Heat get tougher on Hibbert, begin to hit him and play dirty in game 2 and the refs swallow the whistles, terrified of Miami going down 0-2. Hibbert gets into a double tech or flagrant 1 situation, sits half the game in foul trouble, ends up with like 7 points, 5 boards, 1 block, 3-6 from the line, 5 fouls.

Miami wins one of those 93-88 games Pacer fans, and fans of good honest basketball, will leave the arena and their tv sets disgusted about.

Then Hibbert has one more big game in him in Miami, a 15-12-3 or something like that when the refs ignore a few that go in Indy's favor, actually call a LeBron travel, which he does 1 in every 3 possessions he touches the ball, and the Pacers escape tied. Hibbert hits his averages in the loss like 11/8/2. 

Hibbert then helps Indy choke away game 5 with like 2 of the following in the final 3-4 minutes: Missed bunny layup, slow feet enabling Wade/LBJ layup or dunk, 1-2 from the line, tangled up with smaller player foul called on him, blocked by smaller player, ugly no use of glass 14 footer that clangs off rim when left open as one of George/West are doubled. He will do two of those six options in the final 3-4 of a close game 5 and Miami will win.

Then Miami will blow the Pacers out in game 6.

Those are my predictions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Lebron still walks every time he makes a move.

Yesterday I saw him walk twice in one possession, but the refs did nothing.

It's a disgrace.