Would the Pacers beat the Heat if they had Gortat instead of Hibbert?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Would the Pacers beat the Heat if they had Gortat instead of Hibbert?

I think Charles Barkley said it best.. Hes sick of watching the Pacers and I agree.  As much as I root for the Heat to lose, I cant find myself pulling for either team if Indiana makes the ECF's

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I would rather have Gortat and second Bogut, who got injured or Golden State might have won as Curry & Thompson are the best front court in the game, I think, than Hibbert or Asik and maybe even Howard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Yup, it is a shame

Too bad the 2012 offseason was bungled so badly. The Celtics could possibly have kept the Heat from winning any titles:

1. Sign Krstic to extension after 2011 season concluded, before lockout, 3 years at a 20% raise per the old the CBA = 18 million. He was a good 8 point, 4 rebound 7 footer in 20 minutes

2. Draft Chandler Parsons over Jujuan Johnson

3. Tweak the Jermaine O'Neal to New Orleans trade once it is determined that Green was out with heart surgery. Make it a 3-way where Bass (coming from Orlando for Baby) goes to New Orleans, along with JO, Avery and 2012 (Melo pick) and 2013 1st round picks for West (sign and trade at 3/27 and Trevor Ariza (making 6.7m but mostly is a salary dump for NO). That is enough value and 4 savings to entice the Hornets.

4. Trade Ray for O.J. Mayo before the season starts. Don't get greedy and ask Grizz for an additional pick. Ray signs extension with them after the season at like 3/24 over the Heat at 3/9 and isn't on the 2013 team making 3's that win games the Spurs should have won

5. MLE goes to Reggie Evans instead of Chris Wilcox

C - KG, Krstic, Stiemsma

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Ariza, Parsons 

SG - Mayo, (Pierce and Dooling)

PG - Rondo, Dooling

That team could win the 2012 title.

Draft Sully still and redshirt him for a year. Sign Green for 2 years 16 million. Sign Terry for the MLE, but only 2 years. Ditto the KG extension only being 2 years. Give Mayo like 5/40 5th best starter/6th man cash. Challenge the Heat again in 2013 if Rondo doesn't tear his ACL.

Then Ainge could decide if he would blow it up this season. Probably wouldn't. Drafts Hardaway Jr. with a later pick, no Olynyk. Current team has 60 million KG, Krstic, West, Ariza, Green, Pierce and Terry all coming off the books.

Rondo, Hardaway Jr. Parsons and Sully are the building blocks.

Too bad DA doesn't offer you a consulting position as this is a very good supposition comprising a team that really would have had a chance to beat the Heat. We had a tough series vs Atlanta but won in 6 but the 7 game series vs Philly was gruelling. A.Bradley hurt his shoulder & it was felt he could have provided the defense, like a tony Allen,  to beat the Heat when we lost being up 3-2 in the finals 4-3.  But key to me was that Shaq went down and we needed Jermaine O'Neil to step up and I watched him with Golden State this year and he got double-doubles a few times and played like a rookie 2 years later but sucked with us...maybe he was hurt.

I hate the Heat now as I have always hated the Lakers who are as pathetic as we are but our future is brighter and we will get # 18 before they tie us getting # 18 with all our draft picks. Nobody will beat the Heat this year I think. Indiana is so mediocre and has height advantages. Durant & Westbrook not enough and don't know if Clippers will recover from devastating loss last night---I bet this hurt Doc more than the 2010 loss in 7th game to Lakers and Spurs still good, with Duncan(had we got him in lottery years ago we'd won #s 18 & 19 already), Parker & Ginobli but like we were with KG, PP & Ray Allen will be too old to compete in 7 with the Heat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I wanted to re-sign Krstic as well.  However, it was more the lockout than money as the reason we lost him.  He wanted security, so he went back home....................no lockout, and we would have kept him.

Still don't understand the whole Steamer "thing".   It's almost like Danny has a brain meltdown at the "5."  He is very very good at 1-4, but for some reason (Perk, Fab, JO, Krstic, Erdan, Steamer), he seems to not like Centers.

Perhaps we should query The Chief and see if he and Danny had any hidden issues when they played together......lol

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I think Charles Barkley said it best.. Hes sick of watching the Pacers and I agree.  As much as I root for the Heat to lose, I cant find myself pulling for either team if Indiana makes the ECF's

Agree with you.  Indiana hasn't been very consistent for the past few months.   They play one good game followed by a game where they lose in an embarrassing fashion.  Not sure how many games they will win against Miami.  If only they can play like they did at the beginning of the season, which is highly unlikely.  I don't think that Gortat is better than Hibbert, just that Hibbert isn't very consistent and one of the reasons for Indiana' s struggles. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

"There is absolutely 100% no way to prove that the Pacers would have lost this game if Gortat replaced Hibbert"

What we do know is that any team with a good center is going to post matchup problems for the Heat. 

The Pacers have loads of issues as a team, but I think they can beat the Heat with either Hibbert or Gortat, if either one is playing well. 

But since they have Hibbert, we'll see how that plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Lebron still walks every time he makes a move.

Yesterday I saw him walk twice in one possession, but the refs did nothing.

It's a disgrace.

Sections
Shortcuts