Would we have beaten the Pacers ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Would we have beaten the Pacers ?

I am assuming Indiana beats the Knicks as I hope because they have a better chance of beating Miami. I am a little disheartened watching it as we really could have beaten NY...they are not hitting their 3s. But what is the main reason the Pacers are winning and I feel would have beaten us too, rebs last night were 54-36, I mean +18 second chances.

NY is mostly a one man offensive show with some assistance from Smith & Felton. Same reason I feel OKC will lose to the Grizzlies... Durant and a little help from Ibaka ain't enough. The Spurs, although I like Curry, Thompson & Bogut and the Warriors, have a more balanced team & should win. Remember when LeBron was a one man show at Cleveland---we won 4-1 in a playoff. Then I think we beat Miami 4-0 or 4-1, I don't remember, because they only had Wade as the offensive threat.  Same with Orlando many years with DH as the only threat offensively. Miami, however, in addition to LeBron now is dominant because of a very good supporting cast, Wade, Bosh, Allen, Battier, Birdman etc.

I really think that even with ageing KG & PP, that if Rondo had been healthy & we had Sully to help us not be last or next to last in rebs, we might have been contenders. OH WELL...ON TO THE DRAFT !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Would we have beaten the Pacers ?

NO- but I would love to have seen it.  I don't think we would have  been down 3-0, and I think it would have (maybe) gone 7.  We had no legs left, and no PG.......we finished where we were supposed to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Might be my own biased opinion, but I think the Celtics deserve 50% of the credit for the Pacers beating the Knicks. We just destroyed Melo and Smiths confidence, their hot streak, and planted the seed of doubt in that team. Certainly give credit to the Pacers, but I'm not sure if they would have so easily beaten the Knicks if they faced them in the first round.

I agree with Fierce though, we did have them beat in the regular season. Though I think not having Jason Collins would certainly have hurt us in a playoff series against the Pacers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

A very slim chance indeed!  Pacers' young bigs would have easily gotten the better of our front court players.  Their guards would also have created quite a few problems for the C's who got poor guard play vs the Knicks, a major reason they lost.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hell no!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celtics would have lost the series.... big coaching handicap for starters

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

A very slim chance indeed!  Pacers' young bigs would have easily gotten the better of our front court players.  Their guards would also have created quite a few problems for the C's who got poor guard play vs the Knicks, a major reason they lost.

Spot on...Pacers can beat the Heat with thier front court advantage; if they can keep it a half court game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

I think if we had Rondo, Sully and Barbosa we do still be playing and going to ECF with a legit chance to beat Miami and possibly Memphis in the finals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Celtics would have lost the series.... big coaching handicap for starters

STRONGLY disagree with your "for starters"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

We'll never know if the Celts would have beaten the Pacers.

Against the Pacers, in the regular season, the Celts were 2-0 against them. 

The Knicks beat the Celtics 3 times in the regular season. In the playoffs, the Knicks eliminated the Celtics. So the regular season results is congruent to the playoff results.

I guess this means that the Heat lose the next series no doubt.  The Heat lost to the Pacers 2-1 and lost to the Knicks 3-1.   I guess since it is congruent and the regular season translates to playoff results the Heat are gone.  Of course I think we won the series against  the Heat last year before losing in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

No. We are old. They are big and younger and can rebound the ball. 

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts