Would you do this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Would you do this?

http://fansided.com/2014/08/04/pistons-trade-greg-monroe-celtics-rajon-rondo/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Would you do this?

Yes. if we don't have to take back Jennings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Sure, why not. It would definitely help put fuel in the Tank as Monroe doesn't help a team win jack. Who cares that he will be criminally overpaid. There aren't any decent free agents that want to come to a team where Moose Fn Monroe is the best (i mean most overrated) player anyway.  

I am being completely serious.  There are only two bad sides to this deal. The first being that Monroe is a terrible fit with Marcus Smart as all he does is clog the lane on offense with his slow and giant buttocks. And of course watching Monroe flounder around in the paint for 15 seconds getting to "his spot" (anywhere within 10 feet of the basket) while guys like Olynyk, Sully, and Smart stand around and lose interest will be pretty soul crushing.

Other than that I'd do it just to get something for Rondo.  Let Monroe help the team tank for one, maybe two years, draft his replacement and trade him for a second round pick and expiring contract. 

Im in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I proposed this trade weeks ago, and you guys all said we weren't getting enough for Rondo....UGH!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I proposed this trade weeks ago, and you guys all said we weren't getting enough for Rondo....UGH!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

Not all us guys. I do that trade in a minute.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I admit to probably being one of those guys. But I have finally seen the value in Greg Monroe. As treads for the Green Sherman. 

So, I'm on the Boston Moose Crossing (patent pending) bandwagon as of now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Sorry Munroe is a decent to good low post scorer outside of 8 ft he has no offensive game. He is a good position rebounder but he has little vertical game and is no rom protector and mediocre on D at best. Munroe is a one trick pony that wants too much $$$. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence folks. He has a limited game and isn"t good enough to be a guy you build around. Trading Rondo for a guy like Munroe and take on another marginally talented overpaid player is only a good idea if your using the Knicks  42+ year plan as a model.

Rondo is a much maligned player on this board but is our best asset , even if you are not a fan. To give Rondo away for a player that brings more questions than answers doesn't make any sense, especially when you have 4 players on the rosters that are just like him. It would be cheaper to sign Moser.

It's looking like there may be a flurry of trades, maybe including us when a bunch of newly acquired and signied could be changing addresses until then more rumors from http://www.outabloggersass.com" rel="nofollow">www.outabloggersass.com.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I compare Monroe to big al ill take him we need more bigs for depth any way Monroe/Zeller not bad. Pg is really over rated. Smart is gonna be a stud anyways. At least Brandon Jennings can shoot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

I compare Monroe to big al ill take him we need more bigs for depth any way Monroe/Zeller not bad. Pg is really over rated. Smart is gonna be a stud anyways. At least Brandon Jennings can shoot. 

Monroe is the slower, fatter, more boring, less productive, less agile, with less range, and worse shooting Big Al. 

Big Al Light! Now More Boring and Less Productive! Coming to a court near you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Monroe is the slower, fatter, more boring, less productive, less agile, with less range, and worse shooting Big Al. 

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

+1

+ 2 why monroe? i'd rather trade rondo for hardaway and early than for monroe at any day. monroe isnt good enough to play at the center spot 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

+ 2 why monroe? i'd rather trade rondo for hardaway and early than for monroe at any day. monroe isnt good enough to play at the center spot 

Bingo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

+1

Yes! Love that idea.

I would even take back the dried up husk of Stoudemire to make that work out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Monroe isn't perfect, but he is far from the bum as being described here.

Monroe is one of the better big men in the NBA.  Every single big man has serious flaws.  But he is young (24), big (6'11"/250 lbs); healthy (hasn't been seriously injured in 4 years and plays 30 min/game) and still has upside.

Like PER or not, it is the only statistical measurement of a players overall value.  Monroe's PER is 20.34 which is quite good. (Rondo's is 15.34 which is quite average).

Monroe averages about 16 PPG, 10 RPG and 3.5 APG.  He see the court well, has decent hands, passes well, is unselfish and athletic enough to spin, drive, post up, and run in transition very well. 

Yes his D stinks, especially trying to cover 4s because of slower lateral movement.  Can this improve with specific training and development? Maybe.  He doesn't have a very good outside shot either.  But his natural position is Center not PF.

At center, he is not a rim protector and can't defend Bigs very well.  THAT IS HIS FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM.  

But Is that much different than acknowledging that Rondo can't shoot or defend other PGs very well?

All things considered, a Big with flaws is more valuable than a Guard with comparable flaws.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'd gladly accept this trade....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Monroe is one of the better big men in the NBA.  Every single big man has serious flaws.  But he is young (24), big (6'11"/250 lbs); healthy (hasn't been seriously injured in 4 years and plays 30 min/game) and still has upside.

Like PER or not, it is the only statistical measurement of a players overall value.  Monroe's PER is 20.34 which is quite good. (Rondo's is 15.34 which is quite average).

Monroe averages about 16 PPG, 10 RPG and 3.5 APG.  He see the court well, has decent hands, passes well, is unselfish and athletic enough to spin, drive, post up, and run in transition very well. 

Yes his D stinks, especially trying to cover 4s because of slower lateral movement.  Can this improve with specific training and development? Maybe.  He doesn't have a very good outside shot either.  But his natural position is Center not PF.

At center, he is not a rim protector and can't defend Bigs very well.  THAT IS HIS FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM.  

But Is that much different than acknowledging that Rondo can't shoot or defend other PGs very well?

All things considered, a Big with flaws is more valuable than a Guard with comparable flaws.  

Monroe career averages: 14-pts, 9-rebs, and 2.3 assists per game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Saying "Rondo can't shoot" is like saying "LeBron will never win a championship." It's an erroneous statement that has been proven wrong time after time.

Over the course of the past five seasons, NBA teams have shot 39.5 percent from mid-range. Rondo comes in at just a hair above at 41.3 percent. He's above average. But looking more closely at the past two seasons, Rondo is at 46.6 percent from mid-range, which is actually quite good.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/8/1/5959473/rajon-rondo-cant-shoot-well-actually-he-sorta-can-boston-celtics-rumor-nba

bp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Wait...why only Monroe? I thought Rondon't was a top 3 PG? Top 5? Top 10? Ok, ok, at least top 15, right? Nope?!

Never mind!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

Saying "Rondo can't shoot" is like saying "LeBron will never win a championship." It's an erroneous statement that has been proven wrong time after time.

Over the course of the past five seasons, NBA teams have shot 39.5 percent from mid-range. Rondo comes in at just a hair above at 41.3 percent. He's above average. But looking more closely at the past two seasons, Rondo is at 46.6 percent from mid-range, which is actually quite good.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/8/1/5959473/rajon-rondo-cant-shoot-well-actually-he-sorta-can-boston-celtics-rumor-nba" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/8/1/5959473/rajon-rondo-cant-shoot-well-actually-he-sorta-can-boston-celtics-rumor-nba" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/8/1/5959473/rajon-rondo-cant-shoot-well-actually-he-sorta-can-boston-celtics-rumor-nba

bp

Yep...just like you!

"celticblog"...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And...no, he actually sorta CANNOT shoot!

The eyes don't lie....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I can see 4 things wrong with this post and the last point makes me wonder if you even watch basketball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Nobody said he was a bum, just that he is similar to Al Jefferson (who has never been an all-star btw) but certainly not as good as Al.

That he doesn't help a team win, which is true. If he did the Pistons wouldn't have missed the playoffs, and they definitely have more talent overall than the Celtics do, especially without Rondo. 

We also said he was one dimensional, which could be debatable, but what else would you call a player who scores almost exclusively from 10 feet and in, and as you yourself said "his D Stinks"?

He rebounds at the same rate as Humphries and Zeller per minute, worse than Sully, and only slightly better than Olynyk.  10 Rebs for a C/PF that averages 30+ minutes a game puts him in the "good" category as a rebounder. But he isn't a great rebounder who is ever going to average 13+ Rebs a game. In other words he is a very replaceable rebounder.

His PER is inflated due to playing with one of the top rim protectors in the league. He is durable, I do have to say that, but so is Jeff Green. 

He is an average starter who does nothing that impacts the game one way or The other. And I actually think Jeff Green is a perfect comparable player in terms of how much their numbers actually impact the win total at the end of the year.

But again, this is the exact reason I would trade Rondo for Monroe.  There is a slim chance Rondo could win a couple extra games next year by himself.  There is no chance Monroe could do that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Wait...why only Monroe? I thought Rondon't was a top 3 PG? Top 5? Top 10? Ok, ok, at least top 15, right? Nope?!

Never mind!

just like what i've thought mel hahaha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

i would immediately pull the trigger if detroit's willing to give up kcp and several picks in return for rondo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Getting back to the Knicks trade idea, I wonder if Phil Jackson is so egotistical that he thinks Rondo will last until free agency, and will just hold onto his young guys and wait.

Or will he want to make a splash ASAP with Melo just signing his big deal?

Hardaway jr.and Early look like nice prospects. Hardaway has the athleticism and height to play SF, and could be better than Jeff Green or Turner in as little as a year. Or he could make Bradley expendable, either way its a win win.

Rondo in NY seems so perfect a match I'm amazed it hasn't already happened. I wish NY had a raw shotblocking Center.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Yep.  I don't care what some of you say the kid can play.  Is he perfect? No.  But my concern is this-  Going into the season with Rondo, either he (rondo) plays poorly and his trade value is zilch, or he play really well and wants 100 million dollars.  Then what?  We are in between a rock and a hard place.  We didn't draft smart 5th overall to come off the bench for the next 5 years.

Sections
Shortcuts