Would you do this??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Would you do this??

If they had a 2nd to go with it I would do it. That would give them 3 pics to play with in the Top 34

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In Response to Re: Would you do this??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you do this?? : That's why you're only a fan and NOT an NBA GM.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    And this reply shows that you too are a fan and not a gm as well. You actually beleive anyone would give the #2 pick, players and cap relief for an injury prone player who's paid star - superstar level money. 
    Bynum has logged more minutes at the concession stand in the last 4 years than he has on the court. 
    The t-wolves would have a better option of the 2 items I mentioned, or keeping the #2 pick and making a free agency run at greg oden. He's younger,would cost far less, and while injury prone too, his per 48 minutes numbers for his career are superior to bynum and he wouldn't cost over 15 mil per year. If oden was a bust as a signing, this 1 year deal overpayment still leaves them in position to go after another big name in trade or free agency to pair with love and a hopefully developing rubio.
    I'm not saying that bynum is bad, he's injured often and overpaid. Many teams in nba history have doomed themselves for years by taking on player contracts of average players being paid star - superstar money on potential and not actual results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you do this?? : And this reply shows that you too are a fan and not a gm as well. You actually beleive anyone would give the #2 pick, players and cap relief for an injury prone player who's paid star - superstar level money.  Bynum has logged more minutes at the concession stand in the last 4 years than he has on the court.  The t-wolves would have a better option of the 2 items I mentioned, or keeping the #2 pick and making a free agency run at greg oden. He's younger,would cost far less, and while injury prone too, his per 48 minutes numbers for his career are superior to bynum and he wouldn't cost over 15 mil per year. If oden was a bust as a signing, this 1 year deal overpayment still leaves them in position to go after another big name in trade or free agency to pair with love and a hopefully developing rubio. I'm not saying that bynum is bad, he's injured often and overpaid. Many teams in nba history have doomed themselves for years by taking on player contracts of average players being paid star - superstar money on potential and not actual results.
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

I heard JJ Hickson and Sessions (and #4) for Flynn, et al and the #2.  Makes more sense money wise.  CLE will then try to move the immovable Baron Davis.  CLE would get Irving and Williams (or Kanter)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you do this?? : Sybil, once again you prove what a clown you really are. Dr. Buss still runs the Lakers, despite what you think. If Dr. Buss was impressed by Mike Brown, then that says a lot about him. Dr. Buss is a top poker player. I think he can "read" people pretty well. He brought an unknown coach out of the broadcast industry to run his team....and he did pretty good. You know that guy as Pat Riley. Thank you Dr. Buss!
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/nbc-power-shift-complete-jim-buss-controls-the-lakers-t130158.html

Wrong again, Daddy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Here are three articles that should put this to bed:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/los_angeles_lakers

Love answering my own questions!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Yes, I would do that deal if I were Kupchak. Bynum is not reliable, is inconsistent, and is not likely to have a long term career given the sorry state of his knees. I don't see him as part of the future in LA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Does the deal also include LA throwing in Bynum's orthopedic surgeon's fees at no cost to the T-Wolves?

I'd do that in a New York minute: Bynum will be out of the NBA in five years given his size and injury history. It's trade proposals like this which guarantee that teams like Minnesota will always remain teams like Minnesota.

The #2 pick may not be a guaranteed star, but LA's talent evaluation team is very good and at least they know they'll be getting 82 healthy games out of whomever they draft with that #2 pick. With Bynum, they know they're not getting anywhere close to that.

Sections
Shortcuts