Would you make this Pierce trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would you make this Pierce trade?

Pierce (15.3m option) and Lee (5.2m) to Golden State

Rich Jeff (11m exp contract), Andris Biedrins (9m exp contract), Draymond Green (875k) and Golden State's 2014 1st rd pick to Boston

This trade is only made if KG says he doesn't want to retire and would accept a trade to a contender of his choosing. If KG decides to retire then it might make more sense to amnesty Pierce and use the cap space on free agents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Would you make this Pierce trade?

The C's could still make this type of trade if KG retires and the plan is to be really bad for a year and try to get a good draft pick in '14 before rebuilding through that pick and cap space.

Draymond Green is an interesting player, he didn't do much reg season as a rookie, but he is a big 6'7"/230 lb SF who plays good defense and can board (8.8 reb per 36 mins). He proved during the playoffs (and Michigan State's deep tourny runs) that he has guts and rises to the occasion. He had 3-4 pretty big games vs. the nuggets anmd 1-2 vs. the Spurs.

Pierce would give Golden State a mentor for Barnes, a guy who, esp in smaller mins, can still make big plays, grab a bunch of rebounds, act like a point forward at times since Curry obviously is a shoot-first PG. He is exactly the kind of player to push them to at least the West Finals and maybe THE Finals.

Lee is more of a salary dump for us, but can be useful as a energy/defender of guards in small mins backing up Klay and maybe with a defined bench role regain his shooting touch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Why get expiring deals of Jefferson and Biedrins when we could just keep PP and let his deal expire. Green is another Bass and that GS #1 pick isn't going to be that good.

I would rather pass on this deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Why get expiring deals of Jefferson and Biedrins when we could just keep PP and let his deal expire. Green is another Bass and that GS #1 pick isn't going to be that good.

I would rather pass on this deal.

The point would clearly be the assets of a 23 year old Draymond Green and future draft pick in the 17-25 range.

Also that makes the team much worse in the short run and such a trade would only be made if the goal was to rebuild

The team also gets out from under about 11 million owed Lee in 2014-2016. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Don't you think that Danny probably already knows what he is going to do about Pierce?   I would imagine that he could try to trade him.  We should find out soon enough. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Don't you think that Danny probably already knows what he is going to do about Pierce?   I would imagine that he could try to trade him.  We should find out soon enough. 

I think what happens on draft night and then with Howard, Chris Paul, Josh Smith, Big Al and Bynum during free agency will determine what Danny does.

As of right now he likely has a dozen scenarios going. He needs to know if KG is going to retire, if trading or amnestying PP will force his hand to retire, or if not where he'd accept a trade to. Ainge said last week he has yet to talk to Kevin b/c "I don't have all the answers he is looking for right now"

So no, Danny doesn't know right now what he is going to do... but by June 29th I'd hope he's 60-70% sure of what the right move is and then a few days into free agency he becomes 90-95% sure.

Either way, sure is fun to discuss the possibilities, even if we know they are all unlikely.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

NO , BAD TRADE !

I WOULD NOT TRADE PIERCE FOR THE PILE OF SPARE PARTS YOU SUGGESTED.

I WOULD NOT TRADE HIM AT ALL UNLESS THE CELTICS GET AN IMPACT PLAYER AND/OR TOP YOUNG TALENT.

CARON BUTLER AND ERIC BLEDSOE ? YES !

THROW IN SPARES TO MAKE $$$ MATCH .......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

NO , BAD TRADE !

I WOULD NOT TRADE PIERCE FOR THE PILE OF SPARE PARTS YOU SUGGESTED.

I WOULD NOT TRADE HIM AT ALL UNLESS THE CELTICS GET AN IMPACT PLAYER AND/OR TOP YOUNG TALENT.

CARON BUTLER AND ERIC BLEDSOE ? YES !

THROW IN SPARES TO MAKE $$$ MATCH .......

I would much rather have Butler's expiring contract at 8m and Bledsoe as a young talent than Biedrins or Rich Jefferson and Draymond Green.

But... that is only 10.6m in salary and Pierce makes 15.3, I don't think that trade works $ wise. And would the Clippers do it?

But yes similar deals of an expiring and SOMETHING is what I'm looking to get for Paul.... not just waiving him for 5m or amnestying him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

To be clear, we'd probably waive him if we were going to try and be bad next year and get a lotto pick... that is 5m on our cap, but that's all Wyc has to pay

If we wanted ti use cap space and sign a free agent then we'd amnesty him... but as soon as someone gives PP the full MLE or say 6-8m a year, Wyc has to pay him the remaining 8-10 million, meaning more out of his pocket than if they just waived him

11. This post has been removed.