Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from financer83rs. Show financer83rs's posts

Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....

If you had a choice 10 years from now and looking back at the Celtics would you prefer to have 10 season of averaging 58 wins with no championships or 10 years of averaging 38 wins per year but win one championship?

I have no idea what i would choose. Being competitive every year but never reaching the ultimate coal or reaching it once but spending many years being merely average.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....

Rather be competitive every year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I'd rather have the championship.  People don't care about regular season wins.  Name the number of wins the Celtics organization has?  Name the amount of wins ANY NBA team has?  Exactly.  Give me the title and I'm good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather have the championship.  People don't care about regular season wins.  Name the number of wins the Celtics organization has?  Name the amount of wins ANY NBA team has?  Exactly.  Give me the title and I'm good.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the championships.  Even one title is worth more than a better regular season record.  Just ask the franchises that have never won a championship. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....:
    [QUOTE]If you had a choice 10 years from now and looking back at the Celtics would you prefer to have 10 season of averaging 58 wins with no championships or 10 years of averaging 38 wins per year but win one championship? I have no idea what i would choose. Being competitive every year but never reaching the ultimate coal or reaching it once but spending many years being merely average.
    Posted by financer83rs[/QUOTE]

Is the point here that given that they won a title 3 years ago that over the next 7 they will average around 30 wins such that the 10 year average is about 38?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Ask the Dallas Maverick fans.   Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....:
    [QUOTE]Ask the Dallas Maverick fans.  
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about Dallas or any other franchise that has never won the championship.  it is great to have winning regular season records, but doesn't mean much if doesn't result in winning the championship. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Would you rather.... I am not sure my answer.....:
    [QUOTE]If you had a choice 10 years from now and looking back at the Celtics would you prefer to have 10 season of averaging 58 wins with no championships or 10 years of averaging 38 wins per year but win one championship? I have no idea what i would choose. Being competitive every year but never reaching the ultimate coal or reaching it once but spending many years being merely average.
    Posted by financer83rs[/QUOTE]

Forgive me for being spoiled, but one championship in 10 years would not be remotely enough for me.  I know how that sounds but I grew up watching them in the 80s.  So I'd have an extremely hard time deciding between those two options.  If we were talking 3 or 4 championships with mediocre records the rest of the decade, then I'd be able to make the tradeoff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

I think an interesting approach to this question would be the Red Sox. I would assume most on this board are Red Sox fans. From 1967-2003 the Sox were good most years but never won a championship. That is 36 years of mostly winning years. People older than me would go back further but I am not sure how good they were prior to 67. I know they were american league champions in 47.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Gotta have the championship.  The goal is not to compete in the game and be satisfied.  The goal is to WIN!  

Sections
Shortcuts