Would you trade Avery Bradley for Zach Lavine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Would you trade Avery Bradley for Zach Lavine?

I would. Sky is the limit for Lavine. I know he is not as good as Bradley, but he has solid potential to be a GREAT combo guard.

Will never defend like Bradley because, who can? He can get his own shot and finish at the rim and pass better than Bradley right now. So he is a decent two way player with greater play making than Bradley, wheras Bradley shoots a higher percentage and is a defensive playmaker. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Would you trade Avery Bradley for Zach Lavine?

Celts already have Smaht.

Ainge would have picked LaVine if he thought LaVine was better than Smaht.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Bradley in close games is as important to our D as a scorer is on offence .  Ask D Wade what he thinks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Bradley in close games is as important to our D as a scorer is on offence .  Ask D Wade what he thinks

I know. Its just that Lavine looks better already at the one or the two. Bradley only looks great at the two. San Antonio showed how unstoppable ball movement is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Teams are made up of parts many players can shoot and score very few can play D at Bradley's level.  His unique gift as a elite on ball defender makes him special.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't think MN would trade LaVine for Bradley.  And I wouldn't want LaVine anyway.  Anyone who says "F me" when they get drafted is a potential head case!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I know. Again, to me its an even trade in that Bradley is a known value and Lavine with elite athleticism is a known value already +potential to be something better than he already is. I also understand there is a risk that he becomes less valueable. That risk is virtually the same for every player(injury,stupidity,laziness,)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I know. Again, to me its an even trade in that Bradley is a known value and Lavine with elite athleticism is a known value already +potential to be something better than he already is. I also understand there is a risk that he becomes less valueable. That risk is virtually the same for every player(injury,stupidity,laziness,)

[object HTMLDivElement]

I liked LaVine.............not as much as Warren, but I liked him.  DA had a chance to take him. We took Young instead.  Now, Young for LaVine I might do.  You need to remember that MN has said they want players, but if they trade Love, for the package from CLE, they will stink........so why not go with the young players?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

No way !!!  Watched Lavine numerous times this year on tv and wasnt impressed . Freakish athlete but dosent appear to know how to play in a team setting. His shot selection and fg % at UCLA were not good and coupled with his poor attitude displayed on draft night Ill pass. Bradley on the other hand although limited in some aspects is still very young , has improved tremendously on offense , is very good defensivley and appears to have an excellent team first attitude.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Zach Levine is overrated, he gets entirely too much credit, Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson were the Bruins two best players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lavine looks like Russell Westbrook, and Westbrook is a bonehead sometimes, too. But he is exciting! And plays to win, just not always the smartest way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Its preference I guess. Not about who's better. I really like athletic playmakers offensively and defensively. That WOW factor, with intelligence. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I would. Sky is the limit for Lavine. I know he is not as good as Bradley, but he has solid potential to be a GREAT combo guard.

Will never defend like Bradley because, who can? He can get his own shot and finish at the rim and pass better than Bradley right now. So he is a decent two way player with greater play making than Bradley, wheras Bradley shoots a higher percentage and is a defensive playmaker. 

Of course the sky is the limit for LaVine, he hasn't played a single NBA game yet !

NO , I would not trade Bradley for LaVine at this time. Let LaVine play 60 games at least and let's see how his body holds up......

MOST IMPRESSIVE ROOKIES IN NBA SUMMER LEAGUE GAMES I HAVE SEEN: Nerlens Noel, Doug McDermott, Marcus Smart, Dante Exum, TJ Warren

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Bradley can not pass or finish at the goal very well.  He will never be great unless he improves at these two areas.  He also will need to be off the injured list, because at his size and the way he plays he is injury prone.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I thought considering how much flack he took, Anthony Bennett looked good too. If Sully had that type of body transformation over the summer I might start agreeing that he was a burgeoning All-Star.

Bennet looks more dangerous than Randle to me. He's longer, just as athletic, but can shoot from the outside, and put the ball on the floor.  

Mildly impressed by McD. He shoots the ball every time he touches it, he won't get those opportunities in the regular season. He also had his pocket picked, and was crossed over and/or left in the dust multiple times. Which were two of his biggest problems to begin with, and will continue to be.  But he certainly can put the ball in the basket if the chance is given.

Hairston and Warren are both looking like they could be steals as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I don't think MN would trade LaVine for Bradley.  And I wouldn't want LaVine anyway.  Anyone who says "F me" when they get drafted is a potential head case!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

Marv Albert-"And its Fahkmi Lavine...going...to the hole...wuth...uh- thoritaay!!!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

actually yes.

I don't like 8 AAV for AB. He's a solid player wont ever be special.

Lavine could be a huge bust but also has insane potential.

If we are going full rebuild gimme guys with higher potential

Sections
Shortcuts