Would you Trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Would you Trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins?

I would not trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins.....

I think Perkins is a terrible basketball player and Bass and Crawford could get the Celtics a much better player(s) than Perkins....

NO MORE RETREADS !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

I would only get Perk if we can get him cheap. Isn't he a free agent after this season? OKC will probably do a sign and trade or just release him. If Celtics are rebuilding no point in getting Perk. KG and Pierce stay then maybe he would make a good backup Center but he probably still thinks he's a starter and probably will want to much money as this will be his last big contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I would not trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins.....

I think Perkins is a terrible basketball player and Bass and Crawford could get the Celtics a much better player(s) than Perkins....

NO MORE RETREADS !

Perkins would be a waste of time unless we can have him at the veterans minimum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Exactly, Perk for minimum wage would be OK , even giving Perk a Scalabrine level paycheck would be pushing it , any more than that needs to be spent on a better basketball player....

Perk is NOT worth the Mid-Level....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Perk is definitely worth the MLE, at least for 2 years if we know KG is going to be back. we have way too many guards.

You don't need Crawford to trade Bass for Perk. Without Crawford you save OKC 2 million over 2 years (and that is big when the tax is taken into account). With Crawford they pull even financially.

My recent idea is Perk and pick 12 to Boston for Bass and pick 16. It gives us more of a chance at an impact player even 4 picks up and Perk as a 4p-5r-1.5b guy is better for this team (and protects KG more) than Bass as a 9p-5r-0.5b guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

No Thanks!

Bass makes for a good backup PF and Perk is a shell of the player that left here just a few years ago ... Ugh ... Five rebounds!

Crawford is expendable but I'd rather have Bass than the plodding Perk at this point.

+ you name it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anyone who would rather have Bass, than pay 1 million more for Perk over the same # of years is crazy. Especially with Sully and Green at PF and KG toiling away with no protector/traditional big man at the C position.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Perkins is NOT the answer or even an answer for the Celtics.  We should not waste any trade material (even Bass straight up) on a player whose only value is that he can take up space and block the middle.  He is no more than an over-paid back up center with deteriorating skills.  

Perkins has averaged 4.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and just over a block in 25.6 minutes per game for Oklahoma City during the regular season. For a guy making around $8.5M per year and still owed around $18M over the next two years, those are horrible numbers".
    In the playoffs, his numbers are worse - 2.3 Points, 4.1 rebounds and .04 blocks per game.

"The issues on the court for Perkins are the same as they were in Boston: he gets hurt and can't play in the fourth quarter because he's a liability on offense. He certainly didn't help Oklahoma City beat Miami in the finals last year, a team everyone said had to be beaten by size.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Perk was never a fit for OKC's style and was only brought there to defend Bynum and maybe Duncan or Chandler.

In Boston he'd play 22 minutes, give us say 4.5 points, 7 boards and a 1.5 blocks, while being that enforcer who protects rail thin and 37 year old KG, sets picks, defends the paint and then doesn't play in the last 6 mins of games, instead Green or Sully would play.

I'd much rather have that over 28-30 mins of Bass. I'm pretty sure everyone here will prefer seeing Green or Sully at the 4 over Bass next year, considering KG spent most of his career at the 4 and is pretty comfortable with Perk it is a part-time C we need more than Bass. Perk is also one of Rondo's best friends and a fan favorite who is only 28 years old.

I am not saying he is worth 8-9 million. He is worth 3-4. but since we are paying Bass 13.5m over the next 2 years I'd rather pay Perk 17 million and ask OKC to swap draft picks with us (16 to 12) in the process.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would take Perk back here.  Some people play better in some systems.  Perk was never a scorer, and would not have to be here.

He is better than ANY C we had this year (not counting KG, who would resume his natural spot)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I would take Perk back here.  Some people play better in some systems.  Perk was never a scorer, and would not have to be here.

He is better than ANY C we had this year (not counting KG, who would resume his natural spot)

I think Perk would come off the bench personally, but glad you would take him back.

Bass will only deserve 14-18 mins a game next year if Sully develops the way we want and the teams finds the legit C they need to help spell KG.

In that scenario why not just make Perk the C we need, give Sully more mins and give any extra burn at PF to Green, KG or maybe a draft pick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rame - check this trade out:

LAC - Perk and Pierce

LAL - Rondo and Bass (better in D'Antoni's system)

OKC - Butler

BOS - Bledsoe, Jordan, Gasol

KG to the Old Folks' Home!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Perkins and Sully would make the Worst C - PF combo in the entire NBA.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

OKC already has Butler... so they trade Bledsoe and Jordon for nothing??

To an earlier post - Perkins and Sully would make the Worst C - PF combo in the entire NBA, hands down (pun intended).

OKC has CARON Buter???  Really?  Must have missed that one!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Rame - check this trade out:

LAC - Perk and Pierce

LAL - Rondo and Bass (better in D'Antoni's system)

OKC - Butler

BOS - Bledsoe, Jordan, Gasol

KG to the Old Folks' Home!!

I like it if the cash works. Why would KG retire in this situation? He gets to play 20-24 mins at C as Jordan and his terrible FT shooting would get buried behind KG and Gasol. KG would play most of his mins alongside Gasol in fact as their inside-outside games and elite passing would work well together.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Perkins and Sully would make the Worst C - PF combo in the entire NBA.  

Luckily the team would have KG and Green at the positions as well.

And hopefully when Sully is a 12-9 by March next year people will back up off him...

Sections
Shortcuts