Would you Trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Would you Trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins?

If Sully is over his back issues, then maybe! I do think Bass is better suited for OKC and Perkins is better suited for the Cs! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Would you Trade Bass and Crawford for Perkins?

Of course!  Why would OKC do it?  Other than to get players for a guy they may amnesty at the end of the year?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Red-Russ - OKC does not have a combo forward (other than KD) - and BB has done a pretty good job in the past at D-ing-up Lebron and Carmelo! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would in a heartbeat but Presti isn't that stupid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

No Thanks!

Bass makes for a good backup PF and Perk is a shell of the player that left here just a few years ago ... Ugh ... Five rebounds!

Crawford is expendable but I'd rather have Bass than Perk at this point.

One thing Perk does bring to the table is interior defense / hard fouls!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Red-Russ - OKC does not have a combo forward (other than KD) - and BB has done a pretty good job in the past at D-ing-up Lebron and Carmelo! 

No one is saying this would not be a nice trade for us, we are all just saying OKC would probably not do it, unless they were going to amnesty Perk anyway.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No Thanks!

Bass makes for a good backup PF and Perk is a shell of the player that left here just a few years ago ... Ugh ... Five rebounds!

If he can get to the opponent in time!

Who would you say is a better interior defender, Bass or Perkins? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No Thanks!

If he can get to the opponent in time!

Who would you say is a better interior defender, Bass or Perkins? 

Interior ? Neither though Perk does have the advantage with a few inches in height but he's lost his quickness if he ever had any. Both are backups at this point and neither are worthy to be starters for a fast breaking C's team.

I'd rather have Vucevic or Leonard @ center

Agree!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

have any of you guys 1) watched perkins play? 2) checked out his stats?

kg is probably gone.  with no kg and no slow down game in OKC, perkins has been a disaster- they bleed red numbers when he's on the floor.  perkins has seen his best days.  just like kg and pierce- it's over.

there are better big men to be had.  and i'm not talking about fool's gold neanderthal jordan and his 22% free throws

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the only way you could possibly entertain perkins coming back was if OKC amnestied him.  otherwise his bloated contract (for what he does) is just the kiss of death

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

No one is saying this would not be a nice trade for us, we are all just saying OKC would probably not do it, unless they were going to amnesty Perk anyway.

I am 100% saying this would not be a nice trade for us. I loved Perkins, but he's pretty much done. Unless it's an absolute star coming to Boston I want no part in the Celtics getting older. That's the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I watched Perk play last night... he was awful.. really bad

He was setting moving picks all night long too... something he still hasnt learned to do the right way. The guy brings a scowl and thats about it. 

Dont see any value he would bring the C's other than Rondo would be giddy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

No.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

only iF KG and Pierce are both coming back.

IN that case, Might as well.

and yes I would rather have Sanders, but how do you get him form Milwaukee?

Same with Vucevic...he's under contract HOW do you get him form Orlando?

I am not sure hes any better than Perkins, better offense yes but worst defense.

and are you talking of Myers Leonard?

really?

he MIGHT become a starting Center in the NBA, but isn't now?

again, how do you get him?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics need a 22 minute 4 point, 6 rebound 1 block very good interior defender of Center's more than they need a 26 minute 9 point, 5 rebound .5 block average defense of PF's big man.

So yes, I would make this trade.

I would even make it with Fab Melo over Crawford.

I would try very hard to get OKC to swap picks with us. Even moving up 5 spots could put us in a position to get a much better player who slips a little bit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sully being over his back issues is the big wild card when it comes to trading Bass. But remember Perk can play as many as 26-30 mins, which would allow KG to play 6-10 mins at PF and Green can play PF as well. So Sully would be needed for a min of 24 minutes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Celtics need a 22 minute 4 point, 6 rebound 1 block very good interior defender of Center's more than they need a 26 minute 9 point, 5 rebound .5 block average defense of PF's big man.

So yes, I would make this trade.

I would even make it with Fab Melo over Crawford.

I would try very hard to get OKC to swap picks with us. Even moving up 5 spots could put us in a position to get a much better player who slips a little bit.

Dario Saric??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Crawford is a diamond in the rough, and I believe as he gets wiser he will become a valuable player for someone.  I say keep him.

As an okc fan too, I haven't seen anything valuable from perk all year.  He's practically a laughing stock in OK.  I sure wouldn't give up bass for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Crawford is a diamond in the rough, and I believe as he gets wiser he will become a valuable player for someone.  I say keep him.

As an okc fan too, I haven't seen anything valuable from perk all year.  He's practically a laughing stock in OK.  I sure wouldn't give up bass for him.

Crawford has talent but wonder how big a head he might be...reputation not so great. Agree 100% on Perk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I am not going to weigh in on whether I would agree to such a trade. However, I believe how well a player fits into a given role with others is being overlooked in this discussion. Perk has lost weight to try to gain speed, etc. to fit in with the up tempo OKC style.  He hasn't lost speed -- he never had any. The reason he looks so bad at times it that he doesn't have KG to help him rebound and clog the interior defense. I would only take him for a cheap price if KG is staying. I would have him gain weight. Just because the team plays up tempo, doesn't mean we expect Perk to be the trailer taking a 10 foot pull up jumper. Without KG, there is no chance of Perk resembling his successful years in Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts