would you trade PP for TWO 2s?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: would you trade PP for TWO 2s?

Even tho they are high 2's the chance of even getting a decent bench player are remote n the 2nd round. This is pp we are talking about, the guy is still a top 6 sf in this league. Avgd 18-6-6. last year.

No less than a 1st round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Stupid trade.

Danny won't do it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

And if there is good chance for the Celtics to buy Pierce contract out.  Would it make more sense for someone who is way under the cap to trade anything for Pierce?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'd ask for PP a trade exception from Cavs and their three picks (19, 31,33). Use the exception to get J Smith or Millsap

I'd  then settle with a whole range of options like the two 2nd round picks and a 2014 pick, or even upgrade the Cavs 19 pick to our 16 in order to get a 2014 pick

TLDR: Pierce is worth the two second round picks but the goal would to try and get a 2014 pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't think it has to be a team that is way under the cap. Ainge could trade him to a team for multiple players with longer contracts and then that team could buy him out so they get the cap savings and the Celtics get the players. Who those players would be is the big question.

I would just buy him out if I were Ainge and get the immediate savings.

If he's not traded on draft night, I think he's bought out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I said a few days ago, when this rumoir first started that Ainge will get the #19 pick form the Cav's for Pierce.

now it may not beocme "official" until after the new NBA year (when the Cavs HAVE the cap space to take on Pieres'e deal)..but watch and see if that 19th pick doesn;t end up in Boston.

next quesiton who will Ainge tell the Cavs to pick there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Pierce should be able to draw Atlanta's 2 1st rounders imo. He led the Celtics to the playoffs out of his comfort zone as a point guard essentially. I believe he put up a triple double last season, at least one.

Led the Celtics in scoring once again. He looked inept against 1 player all season (Iman Shumpert-Best wing defender in the game.)

On the business side, he will definitely sell more tickets than two first-round draft picks. Two draft picks that may not even make it in the league as long as he will.(Terrence Williams for example)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would target Josh Smith and a #1 pick for PP and the Celtics #1. This still gives the Hawks a chance to get Howard and CP3.

CP3, PP, Howard and Horford is a decent nucleus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

And if there is good chance for the Celtics to buy Pierce contract out.  Would it make more sense for someone who is way under the cap to trade anything for Pierce?

Pierce should be waived, not bought out. A buyout is different from being waived. If the Celts waive Pierce then the Celts save 10m in cap space.

Right now teams with the lowest salaries are the Suns and Kings. They have more or less 5m in cap space. Not enough to absorb Pierce's 16.79m without giving the Celtics a contract or contracts in return.

[/QUOTE]

like your waive strategy.. so y cant cp3 or a DH walk thru our doors for doc and kg (already with us) as we waive pp and trade a rondo for more pieces?

[/QUOTE]

My GOD it is ignorance like this that makes it clear u you should NEVER post here. All you want is attention, you know NOTHING about sports.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Some of the speculation from you tools is comical.  First, no team will give the C's high first round draft picks for players who have one or maybe two years left in their careers.  Why would the Clippers give up all their talent for two golorified years at a championship run?  Second, teams who have high draft picks and way under the cap have no interest in players like Garnet or Pierce.  Finally, Doc cannot be TRADED!  Stern has alread stated that the league does not allow coaches to be traded.  Further, David Stern stated that if the Celtics try a back door move with Doc that his team will be all over it!  Additionally, CP3 will resign with Clippers, Howard will entertain offers and sign with Lakers, and Doc will go to the booth for a year and maybe if he signs a deal with another team down the road the Celtics will get some kind of compensation.  Have a nice day! Missingteeth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

Some of the speculation from you tools is comical.  First, no team will give the C's high first round draft picks for players who have one or maybe two years left in their careers.  Why would the Clippers give up all their talent for two golorified years at a championship run?  Second, teams who have high draft picks and way under the cap have no interest in players like Garnet or Pierce.  Finally, Doc cannot be TRADED!  Stern has alread stated that the league does not allow coaches to be traded.  Further, David Stern stated that if the Celtics try a back door move with Doc that his team will be all over it!  Additionally, CP3 will resign with Clippers, Howard will entertain offers and sign with Lakers, and Doc will go to the booth for a year and maybe if he signs a deal with another team down the road the Celtics will get some kind of compensation.  Have a nice day! Missingteeth

I think we already know all of this. Where have you been the last week. LOL!  We already know teams aren't going to give high picks for KG or PP. A 1st round pick coupled with our 1st round pick may allow us to move up if Ainge desires too. When you're rebuilding ANY 1st round pick is good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Would I trade PP for 2 2nds? No.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I bet Pierce gets some more attention from other teams now that the Cavs have made an offer.

But I doubt the Celtics would get anything more than 1 mid-late first round offer, and comparatively the Cavs two high seconds (31 and 33) is a fair and better deal IMO.  Unless a mid-first pick was for 2014 (projected).   

The problem is that this is a weak draft after the first 11 picks. Maybe the Celtics could parlay the #16, #31 and #33 to trade up into the top #11 for one (likely) quality player, instead of 3 (likely) D leaguers.

Its a tough call, but I think that I would do the Cavs trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I bet Pierce gets some more attention from other teams now that the Cavs have made an offer.

But I doubt the Celtics would get anything more than 1 mid-late first round offer, and comparatively the Cavs two high seconds (31 and 33) is a fair and better deal IMO.  Unless a mid-first pick was for 2014 (projected).   

The problem is that this is a weak draft after the first 11 picks. Maybe the Celtics could parlay the #16, #31 and #33 to trade up into the top #11 for one (likely) quality player, instead of 3 (likely) D leaguers.

you not going to get a d leaguer with the #16...what are you crazy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we already know all of this. Where have you been the last week. LOL!  We already know teams aren't going to give high picks for KG or PP. A 1st round pick coupled with our 1st round pick may allow us to move up if Ainge desires too. When you're rebuilding ANY 1st round pick is good.

[/QUOTE]
    That's not what I read here last week prior to Monday.  There was wide speculation from Celtics fans and the media that the C's would receive two no. 1's for Doc and Garnet and then once that deal was completed the Celtics would shop Pierce to some team for an additional no. 1.  David Stern is not going to allow DA to try and pull a Kupchak move similar to CP3 deal from the Hornets.  He will put the clamps down on it because it will start a bad precedent in the league. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

you not going to get a d leaguer with the #16...what are you crazy?

[/QUOTE]

Well lets see... with the last #16 pick in 2003 we picked Troy Bell.  

Othere than that, our recent first round picks have been hit or miss.  Sully 2012 and Bradley in 2010 were hits.  JuJuan Johnson 2011 and Giddens 2008 were D League or worse flops. We didn't have a first in 2009. 

Am I crazy?  Perhaps.

Is my post logic crazy ?  No. This is a very weak draft and there is very little separation between #13 and #30.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

If the Celtic's got this years 1st round or Clevelands two 2nd round picks for Pierce and then get a 1st from the Clippers for Doc and Jordan and 1st for KG. You would think they could put a package together for some teams lottery 2014 draft pick (using picks and players). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think I would do the 2 2nd round picks or I would do a #1 unprotected 2014 pick. I don't believe the Cavs are going to be that good. I still think they will be in the lottery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pierce should be waived, not bought out. A buyout is different from being waived. If the Celts waive Pierce then the Celts save 10m in cap space.

Right now teams with the lowest salaries are the Suns and Kings. They have more or less 5m in cap space. Not enough to absorb Pierce's 16.79m without giving the Celtics a contract or contracts in return.

[/QUOTE]

I THOUGHT PIERCE'S CONTRACT WAS FOR $15.3M ?

NOW YOU SAY IT's $16.79M ?

EVERYWHERE I'VE READ SAYS IT'S $15.3M

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

I think I would do the 2 2nd round picks or I would do a #1 unprotected 2014 pick. I don't believe the Cavs are going to be that good. I still think they will be in the lottery.

I would try for #19 and #31 and if allowed get a trade exception for
    Pierce to use after the July 1when NBA fiscal year starts. The league has allowed S&T scenarios take place on a regular basis with free agents so I suspect some type of agreement can be worked out with the Pierce contract either an extension of the buyout date or trade exception. We'd then could get a big and PG at 16 and 19 and another young asset at #31 preferably a scorer like Crabbe,Rice, Snell or Ledo. From this years draft which is pretty deep for role players-not star players, We accumulate role players as assets to use next year in trades or draft movement and find out who are the keepers next season as we aim for the lottery.

On another possibility do you think Garnett would waive his trade rights to go to Portland for the #10 pick? I believe KG would help that young team make a playoff appearance the next couple years, at least he would still be moving to the west coast in the same time zone as LA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would try to work out a trade with the Bulls for Jimmy Butler. The Bulls need a proven scorer and we need a young guy like Butler.

Sections
Shortcuts