Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

It has been reported the Bulls are not happy with D. Rose's absence from the playoffs AND Thibs loves Rondo's game! 

The Cs get an All Star to rebuild around and the Bulls get a player that better compliments their bigs! 

Couple that with the fact both players will be returning from major knee surgeries and it seems like a fair deal for both teams! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

Rose just needs to play, Jordan's former trainer says      

Photo gallery: Derrick Rose in action NBA fines Gibson $25,000 for verbal abuse

By Mario Parker, Bloomberg News

2:43 pm, May 10, 2013 Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose needs to get on the court and play, said the former trainer of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

“It’s a mental state for some people,” Tim Grover, the trainer who began working with Jordan in 1989 and Bryant in 2007, said in an interview. “Once he takes that hit and stands back up and sees he’s OK, he’ll be just as good if not better than before.”

Rose, the National Basketball Association MVP two seasons ago, hasn’t played since he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the first game of last year’s playoffs. He has been practicing with the team since February and was medically cleared to play in March, according to ESPN.

The Bulls enter the third game of the best-of-seven playoff series against LeBron James and the Miami Heat tonight at home tied after losing the second game 115-78.

His teammates have struggled through other ailments: Forward Luol Deng has been out since April 29, and had a spinal tap to check for viral meningitis. All-Star Center Joakim Noah has plantar fasciitis, a painful inflammation of a ligament in the sole of the foot. Kirk Hinrich, who replaced Rose at point guard, is out with a severely bruised calf. Game 2’s rout by the Heat included 51 personal fouls, plus the ejection of Noah and Taj Gibson.

Rose has said he might play during the postseason, and told Turner Broadcasting System Inc.’s TNT network that he needed to regain his muscle memory to return.

Bulls fans say it’s time for the team’s highest-paid player to get back on the court. In 2011, he signed a five-year extension with the Bulls for $95 million and in 2012 signed a 14-year deal with Adidas for $260 million.

Rose may be the victim of unfair comparisons to Jordan, who won six championships with the team, said Grover, author of “Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable.”

“To compare anyone to MJ is unfair,” he said. “If he went in at halftime and the doctor said he’s got a broken finger, MJ would tell him to cut it off and he’d figure out how to play.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Being unhappy with him, and trading him for Rondo are two different things............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Yes, that would give us a superstar! The Bulls would never do that deal though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rondo and Jeff Green maybe.  Even then close to impossible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Rondo and Jeff Green maybe.  Even then close to impossible.

Rondo, Green, Bradley and a #1. I still don't think the Bulls do it!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

what's your point with such a comment, kentucky -- to credit rose or further discredit rondo? you needn't answer. i'll say that rose's reluctant playing stance belies his rep as a warrior and as a rondo fan, i'm glad it's rose's struggle and not rondo's.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

An interesting fact that I am certain the Bulls are aware of:

Iman Shumpert sustained ligament damage to his knee on the same day as Rose last spring, had similar reconstructive surgery and was back playing by mid-January, albeit at less than 100 percent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Tom Thibodeau: “There’s really no defense for [Rondo]“

Atlanta Hawks v Boston Celtics - Game FourGetty Images

Tom Thibodeau is the greatest defensive coach of his generation. He was the guy who helped get the Celtics a ring in 2008 at as assistant, he is the head coach of a Bulls team that wins with the “double D” attack of defense and Derrick Rose (well, at least until Rose went down).

So if he’s heaping praise on how you disrupt defenses, you’re special.

And on the Dan Patrick Show Thursday, Thibodeau was heaping praise on Boston point guard Rajon Rondo (as transcribed by CSNNE.com).

“There’s really no defense for [Rondo],”Thibodeau told the Dan Patrick Show on Thursday. “He’s an offense unto himself. You can defend him perfectly, you can defend their team perfectly, and he’ll still find a way to create a good shot for somebody. He’s a great decision maker, he has great vision, he’s very smart, he knows how to read defenses, he knows what you’re trying to take away, he knows where the holes are, and he was in attack mode right from the start [in Game 3 against the Sixers].”

Doc Rivers saw it a little differently, he said the Celtics offensive success stemmed out of less “random” Rondo improvisation and more them getting the ball in the post and into their sets earlier. That led to better floor spacing.

Still, nobody is going to argue that Rondo’s court vision and skills at breaking down a defense are right at the top in the league

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

what's your point with such a comment, kentucky -- to credit rose or further discredit rondo? you needn't answer. i'll say that rose's reluctant playing stance belies his rep as a warrior and as a rondo fan, i'm glad it's rose's struggle and not rondo's.  

My point is, to get a superstar, you have to give up more than just a couple throw aways. Do you think the Bulls would do that deal?

I think you know a lot about the game, you should try talking about it, instead of taking shots at what other posters think!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It is way to early to discuss this especially with no inside in medical state. As no one knows if one of the will ever comeback and on which level.

Rose might really have mental problems or it is physical and he has a better feeling for his body than the docs. Rondo is way to early in the rehab process. Both of them are one reinjury away from beeing done anyway.

When healthy Rose has much more worth than Rondo. Still Rondo was great pick at his position in the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

It is way to early to discuss this especially with no inside in medical state. As no one knows if one of the will ever comeback and on which level.

Rose might really have mental problems or it is physical and he has a better feeling for his body than the docs. Rondo is way to early in the rehab process. Both of them are one reinjury away from beeing done anyway.

When healthy Rose has much more worth than Rondo. Still Rondo was great pick at his position in the draft.

To your point, because D. Rose's mental state (involing his return) remains in doubt, and he has years remaining on a Max-Deal, the Bulls might be willing, at a minimum, to entertain the discussion! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?  I wouldn't trade my man Green in the deal however..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

no way would i trade away rondo, green, bradley and a #1 for rose. that's the crack talking. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I think you know a lot about the game, you should try talking about it, instead of taking shots at what other posters think!!

i do know the game, kyceltic. you'll pardon me if i often find the human element that exists on this unmonitored board to be more intriguing and commentable than the actual goings on of the celtics. you've called me out for the way i approach this forum before. i find this hypocritical coming from a poster who - for one example - has likened engaging with a certain respectable poster here to clubbing seals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

It has been reported the Bulls are not happy with D. Rose's absence from the playoffs AND Thibs loves Rondo's game! 

The Cs get an All Star to rebuild around and the Bulls get a player that better compliments their bigs! 

Couple that with the fact both players will be returning from major knee surgeries and it seems like a fair deal for both teams! 

We have seen RR get slammed to the floor many times and get up and play. Seen him play one handed with a dislocated elbow. Watched him continue in a game with a torn acl.  Watched him defend his brother against a much bigger opponent (though not a wise decision at that time).

DR has better scoring talent and if both were playing up to their game it might be worth consideration, but ...IMO Rondo is the PG for the Celtics. With a change of attack mentality and improvement in his shooting, I just like his talent, grit and determination in the true Celtic mold!.

I do agree that in both cases another serious knee injury could end their career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to JHell's comment:

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?  I wouldn't trade my man Green in the deal however..

Good one! I agree, I would not give up both JG and RR!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

We have seen RR get slammed to the floor many times and get up and play. Seen him play one handed with a dislocated elbow. Watched him continue in a game with a torn acl.  Watched him defend his brother against a much bigger opponent (though not a wise decision at that time).

DR has better scoring talent and if both were playing up to their game it might be worth consideration, but ...IMO Rondo is the PG for the Celtics. With a change of attack mentality and improvement in his shooting, I just like his talent, grit and determination in the true Celtic mold!.

I do agree that in both cases another serious knee injury could end their career.

Agreed - RR is a tough player and has certainly played through a number of tough injuries (elbow)! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

My point is, to get a superstar, you have to give up more than just a couple throw aways. Do you think the Bulls would do that deal?

Ky you are not very briight and you are posting on a public forum.

If you don't want to be made fun of either get smarter or go away. Otherwise it is going to continue to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

i do know the game, kyceltic. you'll pardon me if i often find the human element that exists on this unmonitored board to be more intriguing and commentable than the actual goings on of the celtics. you've called me out for the way i approach this forum before. i find this hypocritical coming from a poster who - for one example - has likened engaging with a certain respectable poster here to clubbing seals.

The funny part is he didnt even make that up.  He just wrote it because he saw someone else say it and then he hit the exclamation point key 5 times.  

I am not respectable any more though. I just drop in here every few days to rile up the animals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

NO , I WOULD NOT MAKE THAT TRADE , I WOULD RATHER HAVE RONDO...

I WOULD RATHER TRADE TERRY & OTHER ASSETS TO PHX FOR JARED DUDLEY & LUIS SCOLA OR MARTIN GORTAT.....]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

NO , I WOULD NOT MAKE THAT TRADE , I WOULD RATHER HAVE RONDO...

I WOULD RATHER TRADE TERRY & OTHER ASSETS TO PHX FOR JARED DUDLEY & LUIS SCOLA OR MARTIN GORTAT.....PHX IS LOOKING TO SHED SALARY]

I like RR as well, BUT passing up a shot at a franchise player? Conflicted! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We don't need Rose, we need Noah.

Oh, but Kirk, you miss the beauty in the deal! The TEAM gets so much healthier. I'd do it without question.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I would make that trade. The thing is Chicago isn't happy with Rose at all right now.  It could happen.

Sections
Shortcuts