Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We don't need Rose, we need Noah.

Every team needs Noah. And I agree, we don't need Rose. If he were healthy and playing, then maybe.  But I also think Rondo needs to go. Oh I know I am going to get heat for that comment. He is never going to change nor up his game for the good of the team.

I have already stated that if the right deal comes along, Danny should trade Rondo.  Regarding above, why do you think Rondo played with a dislocated elbow?

Danny is a risk taker and once Rondo is healthy he wouldn't hesitate to trade Rondo for a big man that we desperately need.  I don't believe that Rondo should be traded but I am not Danny and he will do whatever is necessary to improve the Celtics. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

this thread is pretty laughable.  You could ask all the gm's in the league if they would make this trade and I bet 98% would do it.

For chuckles sake, identify the 2% that you think would not make the trade. 

hmmm,  I am still thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to heirplain's comment:

We have seen RR get slammed to the floor many times and get up and play. Seen him play one handed with a dislocated elbow. Watched him continue in a game with a torn acl.  Watched him defend his brother against a much bigger opponent (though not a wise decision at that time).

DR has better scoring talent and if both were playing up to their game it might be worth consideration, but ...IMO Rondo is the PG for the Celtics. With a change of attack mentality and improvement in his shooting, I just like his talent, grit and determination in the true Celtic mold!.

I do agree that in both cases another serious knee injury could end their career.

Well said.  Add to this, he asked to guard LeBron in the playoffs and was effective for a while until Miami figured out how to break it.  But many here see him as a limited, heartless, selfish, no leadership problem.

That was pretty amazing! Yes I agree RR had some issues as you suggest..I'm just hoping those are all behind him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to painter's comment:

All ACL injuries are not the same.  It depends on the severity and location of the tear to determine outcome.  Rondo (and maybe Barbosa?) may have had Grade II tears and Rose a Grade III, which is many times more serious.  The normal recovery period for a Grade III is also dependent on other knee issues - if the surgeon did a "cleanout", debridement, of damaged cartilage, it will take longer to heal completely.  In truth, only the patient can determine how a knee feels and if it's "time" to go back full force, as is required in professional sports.  Attitude matters and has an effect on healing, but the bottom line is that Rose might be a different player when he does return.  Rondo might appear as if nothing happened  - e.g. Tony Allen.  Only time can tell.

All very true!

TA came back but it was a really long time before he was the same..almost when he was traded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Danny is a risk taker and once Rondo is healthy he wouldn't hesitate to trade Rondo for a big man that we desperately need.  I don't believe that Rondo should be traded but I am not Danny and he will do whatever is necessary to improve the Celtics. 

Agree 100%

I'm not pretending to be a GM or Coach and  I can only comment on what I see. DA will do what he thinks best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We don't need Rose, we need Noah.

========================================

There could be some reason, mental or physical, why Rose has not returned. And, as per Rondo too, will they both be as good as before ?

I would trade Rondo for other PGs in this order, Steph Curry, C. Paul, Westbrook and Tony Parker but they are not available.

But I agree with you that our bigger need is a Rebounder and Noah is a good choice but not for Rondo, we need keep him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

"It is reported"

Infamous words from BCSP ... always without a source

Wow! My first cyber-bully experience! 

According to Rosenbloom's reports, other sources -- that would be from the Bulls office -- are hinting that Bulls teammates are getting frustrated with Rose taking his time to return. Now while several teammates, such as Luol Deng, has gone on record (Deng did so to ESPN) that he fully supports Rose and he trusts him to make the right decision. The same can't be said for the other 11 players on the roster. What if there are players on the Bulls roster who resent Rose -- the team's highest paid guy after signing a 90 million contract extension in 2011 -- for taking so long to return?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

It has been reported the Bulls are not happy with D. Rose's absence from the playoffs AND Thibs loves Rondo's game! 

The Cs get an All Star to rebuild around and the Bulls get a player that better compliments their bigs! 

Couple that with the fact both players will be returning from major knee surgeries and it seems like a fair deal for both teams! 

I'm sure this has been mentioned upthread, but, it all depends on Rose's health. If he's healthy, this is pretty much a no-brainer, isn't it? A healthy Rose is one of the top 2-3 players in the Association in my view.

Agreed! A healthy DR is a beast! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

It has been reported the Bulls are not happy with D. Rose's absence from the playoffs AND Thibs loves Rondo's game! 

The Cs get an All Star to rebuild around and the Bulls get a player that better compliments their bigs! 

Couple that with the fact both players will be returning from major knee surgeries and it seems like a fair deal for both teams! 

I would trade Rondo for D. Rose in a heart beat, don't care where Terry(Ray Ray he is not) goes.   But no one who knows anything about basketball would trade a 1-dimesional player in Rondo for a former MVP in Rose.
    Not ony that, but the Bulls need more offense, something that Rondo doesn't provide all that well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

I would trade Rondo for D. Rose in a heart beat, don't care where Terry(Ray Ray he is not) goes.   But no one who knows anything about basketball would trade a 1-dimesional player in Rondo for a former MVP in Rose.
    Not ony that, but the Bulls need more offense, something that Rondo doesn't provide all that well.

Good points - BUT - you have to wonder what the Bulls are thinking, as they watch their max-deal player, who was cleared to play b-ball 2 1/2 months ago, sit on the bench during these playoffs! 

Is Adidas, who gave DR an even larger deal $$ than the Bulls, pulling the strings here? 

Sections
Shortcuts