Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Would You Trade Rondo & J. Terry for D. Rose?

Of course!  I do that trade without a second thought, and so does Danny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

It has been reported the Bulls are not happy with D. Rose's absence from the playoffs AND Thibs loves Rondo's game! 

The Cs get an All Star to rebuild around and the Bulls get a player that better compliments their bigs! 

Couple that with the fact both players will be returning from major knee surgeries and it seems like a fair deal for both teams! 

I would make that trade. The thing is Chicago isn't happy with Rose at all right now.  It could happen.

I agree, the door might have been opened slightly by DR's action or lack thereof! AND the Bulls just gave DR a Max-Deal! They have to be a little nervous about their franchise player! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

RR careeer average: 11.1 pts. 8.1 assists

DR career average: 21 pts. 6.8 assists 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

I think you know a lot about the game, you should try talking about it, instead of taking shots at what other posters think!!

i do know the game, kyceltic. you'll pardon me if i often find the human element that exists on this unmonitored board to be more intriguing and commentable than the actual goings on of the celtics. you've called me out for the way i approach this forum before. i find this hypocritical coming from a poster who - for one example - has likened engaging with a certain respectable poster here to clubbing seals.

Well, at least you have a good memory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

RR careeer average: 11.1 pts. 8.1 assists

DR career average: 21 pts. 6.8 assists 

HARD TO ARGUE WITH YOU WHEN I SEE ROSE's SCORING AVG...

BUT RONDO IS THE MOST UNIQUE PG SINCE JASON KIDD.....I LOVE RONDO AS A CELTIC

BUILD AROUND RONDO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

We don't need Rose, we need Noah.

You are right.  I don't see Chicago trading him but he would be a great help to the Celtics team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

It has been reported the Bulls are not happy with D. Rose's absence from the playoffs AND Thibs loves Rondo's game! 

The Cs get an All Star to rebuild around and the Bulls get a player that better compliments their bigs! 

Couple that with the fact both players will be returning from major knee surgeries and it seems like a fair deal for both teams! 

We have seen RR get slammed to the floor many times and get up and play. Seen him play one handed with a dislocated elbow. Watched him continue in a game with a torn acl.  Watched him defend his brother against a much bigger opponent (though not a wise decision at that time).

DR has better scoring talent and if both were playing up to their game it might be worth consideration, but ...IMO Rondo is the PG for the Celtics. With a change of attack mentality and improvement in his shooting, I just like his talent, grit and determination in the true Celtic mold!.

I do agree that in both cases another serious knee injury could end their career.

Well said.  Add to this, he asked to guard LeBron in the playoffs and was effective for a while until Miami figured out how to break it.  But many here see him as a limited, heartless, selfish, no leadership problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

HoopsHype:

No matter how much the Celtics personnel chief will again insist that he’s not looking to trade Rajon Rondo, he will once again be on alert in case a deal makes senseBoston Herald

Rumors tagsBOSTON CELTICSTRADERAJON RONDO  |  SHARE  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I will not do that.  Athleticism is critical to DRose being a dominant player.  It is not critical to Rondo being a dominant player.  There is no need for Danny to take such chances.  I can understand if DRose was the last piece of the puzzle.  But as a first piece?  No.  Danny needs to take a surer bet for the first piece.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

HoopsHype:

No matter how much the Celtics personnel chief will again insist that he’s not looking to trade Rajon Rondo, he will once again be on alert in case a deal makes senseBoston Herald

Rumors tagsBOSTON CELTICSTRADERAJON RONDO  |  SHARE  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

I do not disagree with this.  For example, I will consider Rondo for Gortat, Dudley and Phoenix 1st round pick if we can draft Ben McLemore with the pick.  He is good enough to command that kind of value.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Every team needs Noah. And I agree, we don't need Rose. If he were healthy and playing, then maybe.  But I also think Rondo needs to go. Oh I know I am going to get heat for that comment. He is never going to change nor up his game for the good of the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Every team needs Noah. And I agree, we don't need Rose. If he were healthy and playing, then maybe.  But I also think Rondo needs to go. Oh I know I am going to get heat for that comment. He is never going to change nor up his game for the good of the team.

I have already stated that if the right deal comes along, Danny should trade Rondo.  Regarding above, why do you think Rondo played with a dislocated elbow?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bulls would never make that trade unless they knew Rose is no longer the player he once was

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rose just needs to play, Jordan's former trainer says      

Photo gallery: Derrick Rose in action NBA fines Gibson $25,000 for verbal abuse

By Mario Parker, Bloomberg News

2:43 pm, May 10, 2013 Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose needs to get on the court and play, said the former trainer of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

“It’s a mental state for some people,” Tim Grover, the trainer who began working with Jordan in 1989 and Bryant in 2007, said in an interview. “Once he takes that hit and stands back up and sees he’s OK, he’ll be just as good if not better than before.”

This guys credibility comes into question when he makes such ignorant statements. Nobody takes off over a year of playing NBA ball and has a seriously torn ACL repaired... comes back and plays just as good IF NOT BETTER than before once he takes that hit and stands back up...

I get the feeling Grover may be putting the heat on DR while also furthering MJ's legendary status so nobody ever gets that crazy idea of comparing DR to MJ again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Add RR and J. Terry to the Bulls existing roster and the HEAT would be on Miami! Of course DR would help the cause as well, if he were playing! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

HoopsHype:

I do not disagree with this.  For example, I will consider Rondo for Gortat, Dudley and Phoenix 1st round pick if we can draft Ben McLemore with the pick.  He is good enough to command that kind of value.

It will definitely be an interesting summer! The winds of change could be blowing! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

this thread is pretty laughable.  You could ask all the gm's in the league if they would make this trade and I bet 98% would do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

this thread is pretty laughable.  You could ask all the gm's in the league if they would make this trade and I bet 98% would do it.

For chuckles sake, identify the 2% that you think would not make the trade. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

I have already stated that if the right deal comes along, Danny should trade Rondo.  Regarding above, why do you think Rondo played with a dislocated elbow?

Maybe the extent of the "dislocation" was not known. I don't know as I was not there nor am I a doctor. And that does not equate to what I mean. He checks out of many games mentally. His free throw shooting is pretty bad. His outside jumper lacks consistency. He dribbles and dribbles and dribbles until shot clock is almost gone. His maturity level remains at the same as when he entered the league(short fuse). He is an enigma wrapped up in himself. These things are what I mean about not changing to help the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

All ACL injuries are not the same.  It depends on the severity and location of the tear to determine outcome.  Rondo (and maybe Barbosa?) may have had Grade II tears and Rose a Grade III, which is many times more serious.  The normal recovery period for a Grade III is also dependent on other knee issues - if the surgeon did a "cleanout", debridement, of damaged cartilage, it will take longer to heal completely.  In truth, only the patient can determine how a knee feels and if it's "time" to go back full force, as is required in professional sports.  Attitude matters and has an effect on healing, but the bottom line is that Rose might be a different player when he does return.  Rondo might appear as if nothing happened  - e.g. Tony Allen.  Only time can tell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If Chicago trades rose it will be becasue they don't believe he can come back 100%.  I'd be wary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

If Chicago trades rose it will be becasue they don't believe he can come back 100%.  I'd be wary.

Maybe Rose needs a change of scenery... just like Rondo certainly does.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I say 100%

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

"It is reported"

Infamous words from BCSP ... always without a source

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

I'm sure this has been mentioned upthread, but, it all depends on Rose's health. If he's healthy, this is pretty much a no-brainer, isn't it? A healthy Rose is one of the top 2-3 players in the Association in my view.

Sections
Shortcuts