Would you trade Rondo for these guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Would you trade Rondo for these guys?

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

Pierce and KG have no future. Sad but true.

Do you think if Bynum were signed for the next two years at KG's salary that Ainge wouldnt trade for him in a heartbeat?

That is not as clear as you think. KG and PP are old like a rock but Bynum might be done as well. And he might ask for a long term max money contract. It is not even clear that his current team offers him a contract.

Respectfully we are talking about two entirely different issues. 

I will say it again.  Right now, if Bynum were signed for two more years at the same money as KG Ainge would trade for him in a second.

Obviously that is my opinion, I get at this point that it is not yours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Trading Rondo solves what?  What would we get back?  Who will trade for him this off-season? Who will run the point?  We have seen how that went as the season ended and the first round bounce.  If someone was going to trade for Rondo it is to put them over the top, so they are not going to gut their team to help the Celtics or shall I say all the fantasy GMs on boston.com

PP/KG has little to no value.  The Celtics will not get any youth of value that could help them if they were traded.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Yeah if we only had Bogut, instead of KG we would have beaten the Knicks in 4, and the Heat would be shaking in their boots, at the thought of having to go against him!!!   HAHAHAHA!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

What's the point?  Rondo is maybe the 10 best pg in the NBA.  Who else on the Celtics is 10th best at their respective position? No one.

10th best really? he is a lot higher than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passergreen. Show passergreen's posts

rose , paul then rondo , rondo though is second best pure pg to chris paul . make the trade to clippers in a heartbeat ! add the 15th pick of the draft dadnny to sweeten it for clippers `!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Yeah if we only had Bogut, instead of KG we would have beaten the Knicks in 4, and the Heat would be shaking in their boots, at the thought of having to go against him!!!   HAHAHAHA!!!!

Who said that?  This years Celtics team was bad. No one player would have changed that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

What's the point?  Rondo is maybe the 10 best pg in the NBA.  Who else on the Celtics is 10th best at their respective position? No one.

Name 10 better centers than KG, Or 10 better small forwards than Pierce or Green....  That's what i thought!!!

Center- Howard Bynum, Bogut, lopez, cousins, Horford. noah, chandler, gasol, Monroe. Hibbert

Small forward- James Durant, Anthony, Igoudola, Gay, Granger, Gallinari, Deng. 

Kg is not a top ten center.  Pierce and Green maybe both around 10 for a SF.

Which is about where Rondo is.

so I guess you got me to admit that maybe Pierce or Green is about the 10th best Sf in the NBA.

But my point still stands.

You must have a reading difficulty.  This thread is about Rondo.  And BTW you list of guys better than KG and PP are completely offbase.  Some of the names you listed were actually more than funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

Honestly, I've got a first class ticket on the "trade Rondo" bandwagon, but it's not just because I hate his game and attitude. ( I do, but that's not the point). I think what the original post did a good job of showing is that we're living in a period of basketball that has a LOT of great point guards. If you can trade Rondo to one of the teams in dire need of one of those PGs and get equal value at another spot, while maybe pulling down one of those second tier guys with potential like Bledsoe or even Robinson (I like him much more off the bench like most probably do) it would make the team better as a whole. A slight downturn at PG with a big upgrade somewhere else would wind up being an overall upgrade for the team.

The only issue is with Rondo coming off the injury, and Rose still not back, I see most teams out there being scared to give up a top value for Rondo.

I do like Rondo but agree with your post.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Danny at least tried to trade Rondo next season to improve the overall team.  Certainly trading Rondo for another big man would improve this team for next season.  Of course, Rondo won't be traded until he returns and proves that he is healthy and can contribute at a high level. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Maybe you should look at list again.  Answer these questions:

would you trade Rondo for Curry?

Would you trade Rondo for Paul?

Would you trade Rondo for Irving?

Would you trade Rondo for Conley?

Would you trade Rondo for Rose?

Would you trade Rondo for Williams?

You might do these trades but I bet you the teams they play for would laugh in you face in a straight up trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Maybe you should look at list again.  Answer these questions:

would you trade Rondo for Curry?

Would you trade Rondo for Paul?

Would you trade Rondo for Irving?

Would you trade Rondo for Conley?

Would you trade Rondo for Rose?

Would you trade Rondo for Williams?

You might do these trades but I bet you the teams they play for would laugh in you face in a straight up trade.

Absolutely!!  Dont forget Westbrook, Parker, Lowry, Evans, Wall, Lawson & Lilliard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Name 10 better centers than KG, Or 10 better small forwards than Pierce or Green....  That's what i thought!!!

Center- Howard Bynum, Bogut, lopez, cousins, Horford. noah, chandler, gasol, Monroe. Hibbert

so I guess you got me to admit that maybe Pierce or Green is about the 10th best Sf in the NBA.

You must have a reading difficulty.  This thread is about Rondo.  And BTW you list of guys better than KG and PP are completely offbase.  Some of the names you listed were actually more than funny.

I was responding to Ky...not you. Talk about reading difficulties.

Tell me which ones you think are so funny. You know since KG and Pierce are both a year away from being out of the NBA.

You want one year of Pierce vs 5 of Gallanari?

Woudl you trade Garnett for Monroe?  

I want to hear the funny part. I could use a good laugh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Maybe a little much on the hyperbole side. Glad you get my point, and about 4 of those guys while younger than KG are not better!!

Hyperbole. The dummy learned a word from me!  You needed another exclamation point.

You are correct... if anyone could learn anything from you, they would be dummys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Maybe a little much on the hyperbole side. Glad you get my point, and about 4 of those guys while younger than KG are not better!!

Hyperbole. The dummy learned a word from me!  You needed another exclamation point.

You are correct... if anyone could learn anything from you, they would be dummys.

I agree. Ky is a moron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Tell me which ones you think are so funny. You know since KG and Pierce are both a year away from being out of the NBA.

check the mirror if you really need a good laugh.  In case you missed it this thread is about points guards and Rondo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

check the mirror if you really need a good laugh.  In case you missed it this thread is about points guards and Rondo.

Right...I made a comment about Rondo. Then Ky asked me to name 10 players better than Kg and Pierce at their positions and I responded to him.

Not sure why youre so worked up.