would you trade sully straight up for cousins right NOW?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: would you trade sully straight up for cousins right NOW?

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

SERIOUSLY... i wouldnt! i think sully is going to be an all-star player in a couple of years. given the opportunity he could be acharles barkley/cousins type. right now, we dont need that. bring in cousins, he has to be the top scorer and disrupt the chemistry. that is more important than pure scoring.. wont trade AB straight up either.. ditto with kg.. i would only consider it with pp or rr.. not likely to happen, so lets move on! sully may even be the rook of the year the more portland falters!

I don't believe that Cousins is going to be traded this season because of the rumored sale of the team and move to Seattle. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

SERIOUSLY... i wouldnt! i think sully is going to be an all-star player in a couple of years. given the opportunity he could be acharles barkley/cousins type. right now, we dont need that. bring in cousins, he has to be the top scorer and disrupt the chemistry. that is more important than pure scoring.. wont trade AB straight up either.. ditto with kg.. i would only consider it with pp or rr.. not likely to happen, so lets move on! sully may even be the rook of the year the more portland falters!

ABSOLUTELY!!! You are an idiot if you don't. No explanation needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I feel PP will either retire or be gone next year to play 1-2 more years. Sure, I'd like him to retire in Green but since he is from So. Cal. how about asking him if he'd like to play with the Clippers & we'd get Deandre Jordan and as much as I hate the Lakers, maybe Pau Gasol for PP. And, of course, Sacramento & probably to Seattle, it's the west coast so maybe PP for Cousins.  Again, I know NBA is a business but ask PP if he'd mind.

Despite our winning streak, consensus among many posters is that we still need a big man to be an elite team. There has been talk of various trade combinations even including Rondo for a straight up for Cousins but preferably 2 of the 5, Bass, Wilcox, Lee, Green, Terry & even a draft pick.

But our small man team has sort of meshed and we are winning rebound battles because our PFs are hustling more but the real key is the play of Sullinger but, like Big Baby, he's still not the dominating center we need to relieve or play along with KG. We don't want KG to burn out or get hurt.

How can it hurt to bring up Melo...please tell me how the raw rookie could be any worse than Collins ??? I can't believe that playing along with the Pros he won't develop a lot quicker. Gives us a chance too to showcase him for a trade in the future. Sully, a rookie, has developed wonderfully so why can't Melo ? Opinions ???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

thats what youi can expect from CC, a fairweather fan  bored and in desperate need for attention who starts confrontational obnoxious threads

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

thats what youi can expect from CC, a fairweather fan  bored and in desperate need for attention who starts confrontational obnoxious threads

CC believes he keeps the bb going with his inane usually spurious threads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i AGREE that Sully can be a very good inside player - he has potential and future of this team. However, it will only take one lost and the Celtics fans will come rushing....WHERE IS THE CENTER?   I don't want to lose Sully but  AINGE did a bunch of moves that we are not aware of. Only him knows... I will keep my hope that he will bring a legit center to complete our quest to beat Miami.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

SFBF,

To answer your questions - 

"...How can it hurt to bring up Melo...please tell me how the raw rookie could be any worse than Collins ??? I can't believe that playing along with the Pros he won't develop a lot quicker. Gives us a chance too to showcase him for a trade in the future. Sully, a rookie, has developed wonderfully so why can't Melo ? Opinions ???..."

The main difference between JC and Melo is 11 years of NBA experience. Sure Melo might be much more talented (definetly younger) but JC knows exactly when, what and where to do - Doc doesn't have to explain much to him unlike Melo.

As for Melo vs Sully, despite the fact that they're both rookies it looks like Sully was fed basketball instead of mother's milk. So, he knows what many NBA players acquire after many years in the league.

As for trading RR, there are too many reasons not to. And Chad Ford, pseudo-journalist who started current wave of "trade Rondo" rumors, was just looking for an additional attention to his scribing.

AK

Sections
Shortcuts