Wouldn't you have wanted the Celts to get Noel and a top 5 protected '14 pick for Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wouldn't you have wanted the Celts to get Noel and a top 5 protected '14 pick for Rondo?

Does Holliday have more value as a PG? slightly younger, no ACL issue obviously... but really? I'd think the Pelicans woulda taken Rondo in a heartbeat and thrown us Vasquez as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Wouldn't you have wanted the Celts to get Noel and a top 5 protected '14 pick for Rondo?

I don't.  The Pelicans, and anyone else in their right mind, would want a more complete PG in all- star Holiday over a petulent PG who can't shoot.   We probably would have heard of the trade rumor so I think NO went right for the PG they wanted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Wouldn't you have wanted the Celts to get Noel and a top 5 protected '14 pick for Rondo?

Holiday was only an all-star because Rondo got hurt, or maybe that was brook lopez, but they are both all-stars and Rondo is the bigger name. I see your point though...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I don't.  The Pelicans, and anyone else in their right mind, would want a more complete PG in all- star Holiday over a petulent PG who can't shoot.   We probably would have heard of the trade rumor so I think NO went right for the PG they wanted.

C'mon Rondo is a better player than Holiday.  You may hate him but Rondo is a unique game changing player.  The point is well made I bet we could have made this  trade.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Not me.  Rondo has more value for me as of now.  I believe that we will see a different Rondo this year.  Now that there is a clear leadership void, he is going to struggle finding his leadership style.  But I feel that he will.  That is the development piece that will complete him as a player.

Sections
Shortcuts