Wow-C's comeback over Magic-YOUTH

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Wow-C's comeback over Magic-YOUTH

In Response to Re: Wow-C's comeback over Magic-YOUTH:
    Most importantly Doc needs to work these kids into the rotation and stick with it.  There will be nights we won't come back from 27 but he has got to commit himself to using these kids.
    Posted by concord27

So very true. However, if he keeps mixing in the youth like he did tonight, I don't see this team getting down by 27. This team has a chance. Now it is up to DOC to let it loose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It'll be interesting to see what will happen with the young ones once everybody is back.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

With all the great play the last two games.  I am still troubled to hear Rondo has no expected return yet. What exactly is the injury to his hand?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Wow-C's comeback over Magic-YOUTH : Ah well, I gave it a shot
    Posted by breaktime

Your heart wasn't in it...  and even you don't buy those excuses.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Wow-C's comeback over Magic-YOUTH : Your heart wasn't in it...  and even you don't buy those excuses. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I'm not buying that jumpshot of his or his free throw shooting.  I know he can do better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I agree with playing the youth but let's remember that Ray is shooting the ball at over 50% in three's and regular jump shots. Rondo has at times been close to a triple double. I think the big difference has been Pierce is playing well and not just the youth. Hopefully we can keep it going against Indiana and then we have a good schedule to get on a roll.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I have been preaching all year. Play the youth it will extend the life of the elder. I think this team is starting to gel.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Agree that Doc needs to give his younger players more minutes.  Many of us have been saying this with the shortened season.  When they have these back to back games the entire team needs to be ready to contribute.   Considering the age of the Celtics starters you can't expect them to play extended minutes two or sometimes even 3 days in a row.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Moore schooled Nelson all night...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Nice win for the C's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Doc is doing the right thing, which is bringing in the youth slowly and gradually to mesh with the vets...Remember we also have some new players to the system, and its taken them a whille to adapt...the passing was great..the dfense anchored by Kg..the offense by Pierce..
    this game was not possible early in the season..with all the injuries, new players and youth, not to mention the condition of some vets...( Pierce and KJ)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The calls to trade RA are just like those for PP - but what value do you get in return? Sure, there are teams that would like Ray but won'ty give up talented younger players for the priviledge, so Ray stays and gives the Celtics his shooting prowess while Bradley and Moore develop. Truthfully, in crunchtime, I want Ray on the floor to win games over the younger guys - he's way too cool and calm to be bothered by game situations. JO is another story but similar in that what they'd get in return doesn't match value (right now, to this team).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Great win for Celtics fans.  Wow what a game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Great job C's.....I believe the chemistry and trust has begin to show.
    What a come back on Thursday night. With a little more rebounding
    efforts the C's are looking better and better each game. Love the
    efforts the youonger players are playing. Great job KG and PP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One game but very exciting... Amazing comeback..

Just remember, we also fell behind by 27..

KG played really tough D against Howard..all positioning... challenging...interested to see how KG plays next 2 games. We dont see these very often.

PP took control of the offense...and the Rook had a good shooting night.. Everyone pretty much contributed..

AB wasnt so effective hounding Nelson as last time and his hands are really a big question mark..IDK what his turnovers were but he looks shaky with the ball.. and still has bad shot.

Now we have some long distance shooters... Im not thinking we're going very far regardless but nice to see...

Lets just hope Doc gets them some minutes when the starters come back... Highly unlikely considering Docs history...

Sections
Shortcuts