Wow! Tony Allen makes the news.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Wow! Tony Allen makes the news.

In Response to Re: Wow! Tony Allen makes the news.:
    [QUOTE]just curious if anyone saw the Grizz/Knicks game last night and thoughts on TA's game?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well we all knew that TA was able to do that. He has quick hands , he can run the floor and give some highlight dunks. I think he just felt not right in our team... To me he seems way more confident in Memphis (probably because of his starting role). And I like it. Good for him! However I don't think he'll ever be consistent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]just curious if anyone saw the Grizz/Knicks game last night and thoughts on TA's game?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I watched the game off and on.

TA had a good game. Even on Melos game winner, TA was all over him.

I saw the stretch in the 1at half when TA had a bunch of steals, some breakaways .. Hit his FTs too... at least the ones I saw.

He looked real good.

Please dont ask why Doc didnt develop him... lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

A number of people have correctly pointed out TA's ability to keep both teams in the game at the same time - what took, he took away, what he gave, he gave away.  His playoff value came down to one matchup as far as I'm concerned and I still thought Ray did a better over all job on the rapist.  I would also caution against saying that he showed "greatness" at any time. Greatness should only be applied in true cases.  What he exhibited was doing something that was expected of him given his lack of other skills.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]A number of people have correctly pointed out TA's ability to keep both teams in the game at the same time - what took, he took away, what he gave, he gave away.  His playoff value came down to one matchup as far as I'm concerned and I still thought Ray did a better over all job on the rapist.  I would also caution against saying that he showed "greatness" at any time. Greatness should only be applied in true cases.  What he exhibited was doing something that was expected of him given his lack of other skills.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

Youre right..

TA can be very frustrating.. at least when he was on the Celtics.

In the games hes done well with the Grizzlies some people may think he is better now than when with us.

I cant really say, since I dont watch their games much. Hes having a nice stretch right now, he also had a good stretch with the Celts in the playoffs last season (perhaps his only really good stretch)

When TA puts together a season or 2 of superior ball, then come tell me. Until then, hes remains a journeyman type player with certain attributes and certain shortcomings.

Potential ...Yes... but how many in the NBA dont have potential?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Allen is an amazing defender and if he scores ANY points that's just gravy.  He guarded Kobe about as good as anyone in the league ever has. As a Laker fan the last thing I want to do is face Memphis in the first round.  With their wing combo of Tony Allen and Shane Battier thats a tough matchup for Kobe. If you've noticed, Kobe has had an easier time scoring in the two regular season games against you guys this year, and I think thats a direct result of you not having Allen.  I think that's a strong reason why Ainge picked up Green.  There's too many good wing players in the NBA that you need an athletic defender at that position.
    Posted by lakers1257[/QUOTE]

I already posted that if TA was still with the Celtics, Ainge probably wouldn't have traded Perkins.  After the injury to Marquis, the Celtics definitely needed someone to backup Paul and although Marquis was a good player, in my opinion wasn't as good a defender as TA.