WTH did Lester Hudson do wrong?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Re: WTH did Lester Hudson do wrong?

In Response to WTH did Lester Hudson do wrong?:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KhwaO7RSvE Looked pretty good for a rookie drafted almost dead last, to me.
    Posted by DaCeltics

I am a fan of Hudson too, but he was not polished enough at the PG position. Reports are that he made some strides this summer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

WTH did Lester Hudson do wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KhwaO7RSvE

Looked pretty good for a rookie drafted almost dead last, to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Is there a time table for bradley to healthy?  If I recall correctly the CBB season was over a long time ago, why didnt he get his surgery done immediately so that he would be ready for summer league and pre-camp workouts?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Yes or no - is Avery Bradley a better point guard than Lester Hudson ?

If they both went to Celtics training camp in September , would Avery Bradley , hands down , beat out Lester Hudson and force the Celtics to cut Hudson again ?

And while we're at it, can someone explain why the Celtics passed on Mario Chalmers ? And if Mario Chalmers were at this years Celtics training camp, would he be able to beat out Bradley and Hudson for one available spot on the roster ?
    Yes or no.

My point is this, why are some guys able to come in as rookies and get minutes every night ? I'm not talking about lottery picks.

What does everyone here expect we'll get out of Avery Bradley this year ?

Is he going to play 60-75 games and get 10-12 minutes a night ? (I would call that a HUGE contribution and a GREAT rookie year for Bradley)

Or is he going to play 26 games, make 3 trips to the D League , and spend the playoffs wearing a suit on the bench ? (I would call that a wasted #1 draft pick)

Finally, if Lester Hudson and Avery Bradley competed for one roster spot, and Lester won , what would you expect from him this season ? 60-75 games @ 10 minutes a night or 20 games for 7 minutes and inactive for the playoffs ?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

the kid was the 58th pick in the draft... i dont expect guys like that to stick around

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In respnse to Avery Bradley: I watched some highlights someone posted here. He seems to be a heck of a player. I'm looking forward to see him play during the pre-season games. His size of 6'3 and terrific athletic ability gives me some reason to believe that he can be a backup 2 guard much like Barbosa who is the same size with terrific speed also. One difference is that Bradley looks like he as jumping ability and shot blocking ability much like Tony Allen did before T.A's knee injuries. Bradley's a little smaller than T.A though, but similar type explosive jumping ability and the ability to use his jumping ability to be a good defender.
       We'll see come October. I love to see good young talent develope, especially when they're wearing a Celtics uniform.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

Lester Hudson falls under the "Tony Knucklehead Allen" persona. He is athletic and gifted, but has the intelligence of a half eaten banana.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: WTH did Lester Hudson do wrong?:
    Lester would be my #1 TA replacement for the money we have to offer. I would not take Larry Hughes over him right now. Larry has lost his hustle and 3 point shot. I doubt we could even get Von Wafer right now for the vet minimum!
    Posted by DaCeltics

I think I would take a flyer on Jon Scheyer

http://dimemag.com/2010/07/10-undrafted-rookies-who-will-be-on-nba-rosters-this-fall/

http://dimemag.com/2010/06/top-5-undrafted-players-from-the-nba-draft/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In respnse to Avery Bradley: I watched some highlights someone posted here. He seems to be a heck of a player. I'm looking forward to see him play during the pre-season games. His size of 6'3 and terrific athletic ability gives me some reason to believe that he can be a backup 2 guard much like Barbosa who is the same size with terrific speed also. One difference is that Bradley looks like he as jumping ability and shot blocking ability much like Tony Allen did before T.A's knee injuries. Bradley's a little smaller than T.A though, but similar type explosive jumping ability and the ability to use his jumping ability to be a good defender.    We'll see come October. I love to see good young talent develope, especially when they're wearing a Celtics uniform.
    Posted by mem17

I hope that you are right.  Hopefully, Doc will give him the opportunity to play. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lester would be my #1 TA replacement for the money we have to offer.

I would not take Larry Hughes over him right now.
    Larry has lost his hustle and 3 point shot.

I doubt we could even get Von Wafer right now for the vet minimum!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: WTH did Lester Hudson do wrong? : I hope that you are right.  Hopefully, Doc will give him the opportunity to play. 
    Posted by susan250

As we have seen from history, I do not expect Bradley or Luke to play very often.  One exception by necessity may be Erden

I. like others, wish Doc would play them more, al least enough to build up their confidence.

Sometimes we prefer to go too often to the faulty vets, than see what these young guys can bring to the table (Walker is one example). I think at times we could have used Hudson last year

Sections
Shortcuts