Wyc Grousbeck is the man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Wyc Grousbeck is the man

In his interview with weei this morning, Wyc stated that he's rooting for the heat to lose big time, which is uncommon for an owner. The guy really bleeds the green. Speaking of green, Wyc also mentioned that he's going to aggressively pursue other pieces to make this team better, and will most likely use sign and trades and our draft picks to make it happen. He used the term "hitting them over the heads with our wallet". It's a good thing to know, as a celtic fan, that our ownership is fully committed to being a contender, and that he's an actual fan at heart. It sure beats the heck out of having Donald Sterling pimping out talent and abusing employees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Wyc Grousbeck is the man

It is great to hear him say this.  Until the new CBA is finalized, I am not sure what can be done to improve this team.  The Celtics and all of the other teams may have a much lower salary cap, which will influence who gets signed next year. 
    I would imagine that a lot of NBA fans don't want to see Miami succeed.  I really dislike them because of the LeBron decision and their rock concert type of introduction to Miami. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I hope he is full of hot air. It would be the 80's all over again and early 90's after the big 3. The bad signees and wasting money on  average or hurt players just to spend money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This is great news if you ask me, or at least this is what you would want your favorite teams owner to say. 

Notrade.... no you're wrong.  I understand what you getting at, but I believe Ainge and Doc can amke it happen. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Wyc Grousbeck is the man:
    In his interview with weei this morning, Wyc stated that he's rooting for the heat to lose big time, which is uncommon for an owner. The guy really bleeds the green. Speaking of green, Wyc also mentioned that he's going to aggressively pursue other pieces to make this team better, and will most likely use sign and trades and our draft picks to make it happen. He used the term "hitting them over the heads with our wallet". It's a good thing to know, as a celtic fan, that our ownership is fully committed to being a contender, and that he's an actual fan at heart. It sure beats the heck out of having Donald Sterling pimping out talent and abusing employees.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

Wyc does bleed green cause i have seem him and his wife rooting and harrasing opponents behind their back board courtside seats.  I luv it   Go Wyc and Celtics

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

As a fan who lived through that i diot Gaston era this is a good sign. An owner who cares is always good. I am still reeling of the time when PP and AW went to the conference finals and thta moro n Gaston does not improve the team because he was looking to sell it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I went to the preseason opener in Manchester and was able to sit courtside.  So at halftime, I walked up to Wyc and held out my hand and said "I just want to say thank-you."  He looked surprised, but pleased, shook my hand and said "Nice to meet you."  I will always be happy I did that.  He's the best owner we've had since Harry Mangurian.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm curious-and maybe we don't know yet-how are the ratings for the conference finals? i know i'm not watching. it'll be interesting to see the ratings a miami/dallas matchup (or any other combination for that matter) can generate.

Sections
Shortcuts