Wyc on 98.5: "I'm the chief fan"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Wyc on 98.5: "I'm the chief fan"

I thought Wyc was somewhat contradictory when he called into the Felger & Mazz' show today. On one hand he said his only focus is Banner #18 but admitted that that he agrees with DA and that the C's are not a championship team right now. Yet in closing he said that he wants PP, Rondo, KG, and Doc all back and that we just need to find better complimentary players.

It seems like the C's FO are too emotional and still somewhat dillussional when it comes to the diminishing abilities of PP & KG. They don't seem to understand that these guys are no longer at their peak and are actually complimentary pieces at best right now. If they're really that sentimental about these guys and want KG & PP to retire as C's, then the focus should be to bring in stars to start and use PP & KG off the bench. However, in order to do that you will probably need to blow up the team a bit and trade the likes of Rondo or others.

The lack of direction of this team really scares me. The C's FO seems to want to have their cake and eat it to while also competing for a championship and that's just not going to happen! At this point, maybe they should consider bringing in someone from the outside who is less sentimental about the current roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Wyc on 98.5:

Frankly, I don't see any realistically plausible way of "blowing up" the team and fashioning it into a championship contender next year.  If youy do, I'd like to hear it.  Most of the ideas advanced on this forum are extreme wishful thinking, and are based on transactioins that sound good, but would never be made by the parties involved.  It's fun to speculate, but we have a few years to watch what happens as it's happening and enjoy the basketball without expectations.  As our California friends discovered this year, it's foolish to inflate one's expectations. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yet in closing he said that he wants PP, Rondo, KG, and Doc all back and that we just need to find better complimentary players.

It seems like the C's FO are too emotional and still somewhat dillussional when it comes to the diminishing abilities of PP & KG. They don't seem to understand that these guys are no longer at their peak and are actually complimentary pieces at best right now. If they're really that sentimental about these guys and want KG & PP to retire as C's, then the focus should be to bring in stars to start and use PP & KG off the bench. However, in order to do that you will probably need to blow up the team a bit and trade the likes of Rondo or others.

.............................................................................................................................................

Fraid I agree with the FO. With a big (a real big), and a sharpshooter I think the C's are capable of competing at least in the East. RR,PP,KG,JG,Sully and with a legitimate 5..add JT,Bass, Bradley,TW, Randolph+ and you have a very competitive team. Ask the stars to take less and who knows what may appear.  They too (KG,PP) want to win and help the team to go forward!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

I thought Wyc was somewhat contradictory when he called into the Felger & Mazz' show today. On one hand he said his only focus is Banner #18 but admitted that that he agrees with DA and that the C's are not a championship team right now. Yet in closing he said that he wants PP, Rondo, KG, and Doc all back and that we just need to find better complimentary players.

The lack of direction of this team really scares me. The C's FO seems to want to have their cake and eat it to while also competing for a championship and that's just not going to happen! At this point, maybe they should consider bringing in someone from the outside who is less sentimental about the current roster.

You are right about Pierce and KG both being bench players.  This has been discussed many times but it isn't going to happen  since KG resigned  last season and is being paid  approximately $12 million.  If Pierce returns his salary is $15 million.  This doesn't leave the Celtics any additional cap space to sign other players.   The only way the Celtics can start the rebuilding process is if KG and Pierce both leave/get traded or retire.  Not sure that any of these scenarios would happen. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/4/4299832/paul-pierce-celtics-contract-kevin-garnett

I don't think that players can agree to reduce their salaries.  Many players would agree to do this in order to have a more competitive team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Wyc is on point. I would just like to know why we lost out on Ray Allen, Marshon Brooks, Perk, Nate Robinson, Deandre Jordan, David West, Tony Allen, Danny Green, Birdman, Kenyon Martin, Festus Ezeli and Matt Barnes to name a few "better" complimentary players we had or could have had if we tried harder. 

Oh, and Reggie Evans of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Wyc is on point. I would just like to know why we lost out on Ray Allen, Marshon Brooks, Perk, Nate Robinson, Deandre Jordan, David West, Tony Allen, Danny Green, Birdman, Kenyon Martin, Festus Ezeli and Matt Barnes to name a few "better" complimentary players we had or could have had if we tried harder. 

+ 10.  But, give him some credit also for Jeff Green, Rajon Rondo, Sully, Avery Bradley, and a few others.  He's probably batting about .333.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I can't listen to him but the ESPNBoston writeup on the interview was very interesting.  Looks like Danny has thrown everything out there and is listening to all talk.  My instincts tell me that the group is coming back.  If, by chance, a good opportunity drops into his lap, Danny will make a trade or two.  The more likely scenario is that we should get ready for another season with the group.

Rondo and Sullinger will be back.  Maybe Lee will get traded to Utah for a draft pick exchange.  I don't know if they can resign Paul Pierce after buying him out.  If they can, and get below the Luxury Tax lip (or whatever it is called), they may be able to access the full mid-level exception.  That can be used to bring in a 5.  Also, there is Fab Melo.

I am preparing for the Celts to roll the dice and draft on potential.  They will add a project player.  That looks like the most probable scenario.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Why?

MONEY!!!

Ray Allen was offered more money by the Celtics yet he signed with the Heat.

Next

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Ray Allen was offered more money by the Celtics yet he signed with the Heat.

Next

Ray is different. He doesn't need money. What he needs is the coattails of Lebron James!

Then your post was wrong... admit it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

David West wanted more money, so he signed with Indy.

Tony Allen wanted more money, so he left the Celts.

Perk was asking for more than the 22m for 4 years the Celts were offering.

So it's not about money?

Duh!

Perfect example how you cant accept the fact youre wrong. Ray Allen wasnt money, neither was Kenyon Martin, nor Birdman, nor Nate... but you braod brush them all into MONEY and your ego so fragile you cant admit YOU ARE WRONG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

OK guys some was money; some was not. That's what management does; talent versus money. Some of the misses may have been because of KG; he apparently doesn't like Blatche but he did like Wallace. Believe it or not, it's complicated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

OK guys some was money; some was not. That's what management does; talent versus money. Some of the misses may have been because of KG; he apparently doesn't like Blatche but he did like Wallace. Believe it or not, it's complicated.

Agreed... thats why I took issue with the other poster stating it was all about MONEY, which it clearly was not

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

David West wanted more money, so he signed with Indy.

Tony Allen wanted more money, so he left the Celts.

Perk was asking for more than the 22m for 4 years the Celts were offering.

So it's not about money?

Duh!

Perfect example how you cant accept the fact youre wrong. Ray Allen wasnt money, neither was Kenyon Martin, nor Birdman, nor Nate... but you braod brush them all into MONEY and your ego so fragile you cant admit YOU ARE WRONG

The Celts didn't want Nate, Birdman, and Kenyon Martin.

You have any reports of the Celts offering those 3 money?

Marshon Brooks and DeAndre Jordan were misses on draft night.

And Ray Allen is different because money is not high on his list anymore.

So much baloney in your post but lets just take only one... Ray.  Since youre Admitting Ray wasnt about money, why did you include him when you posted "MONEY"????

Just forget it, youre a lost cause... Youre post was a clear BULNDER and yet youre trying to hold on no matter what cause in ur head, you got to be right.. it might ruin your perceived e-rep.. lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

fierce, i just read on other threads your whinning about Fierce attacks too...

maybe, just maybe, you have some issues in that noggin of yours..

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

fierce, i just read on other threads your whinning about Fierce attacks...

maybe, just maybe, you have some issues in that noggin of yours..

Actually, Karl, only you, Jump-ball, and BosoxJoe are resorting to "Fierce attacks". I get along with the majority here.

Didn't you call Gas a screwball too?

Then you implied that I was also Gas, right?

Let's be honest, Karl, people who bash Doc Rivers everyday, including Sundays, are not considered normal people.

If it was true its likely due to the fact you use other id to post with... even so, I do notice more people than the 3 you listed that dont get along with you

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If it was true its likely due to the fact you use other id to post with... even so, I do notice more people than the 3 you listed that dont get along with you

Like I said, Karl, tell us what other IDs I use here.

I keep asking you to provide other alleged usernames that I use here, but you always fail to give an answer. 

is there an id something like fiercest that you post under?