X 2 RETIRE AINGEY's #?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

X 2 RETIRE AINGEY's #?

da DANNY backstage talk is heating up. was close as a playa but work as GM has put him over. i agree!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: X 2 RETIRE AINGEY's #?

Can we wait till he gets us a ring as GM without a huge assist from Kevin McHale?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Ainge is a great Celtic.  He has played in six championship series and two as GM.  This gives him 8 championship series.  If you watched him play you saw complete concentration and a great guard at play.  He has one series for the Celts that his stats were great, and he competed evey time he stepped on the court.  Other playes hated him.  I don't care if they put his # up or not and he does not care either, but he is one of the Great celtics, if you consider his career after being traded and his GM days.  Posters that bash Ainge, BASH A GREAT CELTIC, and they have little understanding of the player and the man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Posters that bash Ainge, BASH A GREAT CELTIC"

LOL. Ease up a tad dude. 

Ainge was a great Celtics player. And to be fair, given how liberal the Celtics are with retiring jerseys, Ainge's jersey probably should be retired. I personally think the Celts should be a tad more strict on which jerseys they retired, but if they stick to the current rules Ainge probably goes up there on his player time alone. 

But Ainge is no longer a player, he is a GM. And in his GM role he is certainly open to crticism. To think he gets a pass as a GM because he was a great player is quite frankly ridiculous. Same goes for Elway or any other player-turned-executive.

And the fact is Ainge has lots to prove as a GM. He did a great job with the KG crew but with a major assist from McHale. The Perkins trade I believe cost us a championship. Again, if he rebuilds the team once more, then his GM credentials are much stronger. 

He still has a lot to prove as a GM. That's how it goes, you don't assess someone's career midstream. I like the guy and defend him in here a lot. But any GM gets criticized, that's how it goes.

Oh, and by the way, you may understand the player, but you don't understand the man. Don't pretend you do unless you know him personally. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Posters that bash Ainge, BASH A GREAT CELTIC"

LOL. Ease up a tad dude. 

Ainge was a great Celtics player. And to be fair, given how liberal the Celtics are with retiring jerseys, Ainge's jersey probably should be retired. I personally think the Celts should be a tad more strict on which jerseys they retired, but if they stick to the current rules Ainge probably goes up there on his player time alone. 

But Ainge is no longer a player, he is a GM. And in his GM role he is certainly open to crticism. To think he gets a pass as a GM because he was a great player is quite frankly ridiculous. Same goes for Elway or any other player-turned-executive.

And the fact is Ainge has lots to prove as a GM. He did a great job with the KG crew but with a major assist from McHale. The Perkins trade I believe cost us a championship. Again, if he rebuilds the team once more, then his GM credentials are much stronger. 

He still has a lot to prove as a GM. That's how it goes, you don't assess someone's career midstream. I like the guy and defend him in here a lot. But any GM gets criticized, that's how it goes.

Oh, and by the way, you may understand the player, but you don't understand the man. Don't pretend you do unless you know him personally. 

[/QUOTE]
    The trade of Perkins,was one of his best move.Perfect time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

NO...frankly, he wasn't that good as a player...so no...

NEXT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Celtics have probably retired too many numbers as it is. No disrespect to Ainge.