Y C's lost: 7-9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Y C's lost: 7-9

There it is. 7 for 9 from the line. 9 free throw attempts. That equates to my other post about settling for too many jumpshots. That is the adjustment the Cs need to make. Work the ball inside. Drive the lane. I believe Philly was 15-22. Crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Y C's lost: 7-9

No argument here. With Pierce at 50% we become even more a jumpshooting team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Agreed, but if PP is only at 75%, getting to the line more often may be easier said than done.  KG has been great in the low block all playofs but most everything is a turnaround jumper or jump hook, don't think I've seen an up & under McHale move in either game that would help gettin gmore Ft's.  Also, while he had double digit points, Bass missed, was blocked, or stripped on at least 4 and maybe as high as six possessions driving to the rim.  I thought that really hurt.  If PP is hurt then we will need alot more movement lookin gto get ot the rim off slip screens, curl cuts, etc. as we may not have real success simply driving the ball at the rim in an attempt to get to the FT line more often...

let's not forget the nearly 20 turnovers - many of them casual.  That may have been as important as the 7-9...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Crazily enough, I don't feel that bad about the loss. One, the C's couldn't have played any more god-awful and only lost by one. Two, they have a habit of bouncing off the canvas after getting punched in the teeth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Y C's lost: 7-9:
    [QUOTE]Crazily enough, I don't feel that bad about the loss. One, the C's couldn't have played any more god-awful and only lost by one. Two, they have a habit of bouncing off the canvas after getting punched in the teeth.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Let hope so Lloyd. The Cs have really only played 2 good periods out 8 thus far. So, they really have no place to go but up hopefully.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Y C's lost: 7-9 : Let hope so Lloyd. The Cs have really only played 2 good periods out 8 thus far. So, they really have no place to go but up hopefully.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    That's my thinking. They've been awful in this series. I'm hoping last night's kick to the balls gets them going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

I'm not a expert in basketball, but I think if Doc had sub Bass in the first half when was visible that he wasn't making the easy open shots, I think the Celtics would have come out with a different result last night. I don't understand why he let him on the game that long keeping missing those shots. If was Steema not only he would have take him out but lecture him on the sidelines. Like he did last nite and. The C's should have been up 12 or more points going to the second half.
    I'll blame this one in Doc. Had him used some of the guys on the bench, like Pav or J Juan specially early in the first half, we would be up 2-0. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to Y C's lost: 7-9:
    [QUOTE]There it is. 7 for 9 from the line. 9 free throw attempts. That equates to my other post about settling for too many jumpshots. That is the adjustment the Cs need to make. Work the ball inside. Drive the lane. I believe Philly was 15-22. Crazy.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Not just the FTs.  They lost in every facet of the game you Name It.  Outrebounded, poor shooting, poor ball movement, poor execution, boneheads plays like that one KG did to fk up.  Even the coaching stunk- Doc got outcoached by Collins.  And please don't make injuries and tiredness as an excuse.  There is no excuse.  This is the playoffs.  This is not the time to say you are tired, or got a sore foot.  Bird played with a broken back and still was able to beat Detriot in the ECF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Y C's lost: 7-9 : Not just the FTs.  They lost in every facet of the game you Name It.  Outrebounded, poor shooting, poor ball movement, poor execution, boneheads plays like that one KG did to fk up.  Even the coaching stunk- Doc got outcoached by Collins.  And please don't make injuries and tiredness as an excuse.  There is no excuse.  This is the playoffs.  This is not the time to say you are tired, or got a sore foot.  Bird played with a broken back and still was able to beat Detriot in the ECF.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you.  If the Celtics don't improve and continue to play like last night, they won't win another game.  The injuries are bothering this team, but Doc needs to make better substitutions when the starters aren't contributing on a high level. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

I've seen a lot of horrible one sided officiating, where it looks obvious that the refs were trying to get a certain team in the game, or fix games(tim donagee), but last night it didnt look like the refs were favoring a certain team, it looked like they just honestly had no clue what they were doing. That was pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not a expert in basketball, but I think if Doc had sub Bass in the first half when was visible that he wasn't making the easy open shots, I think the Celtics would have come out with a different result last night. I don't understand why he let him on the game that long keeping missing those shots. If was Steema not only he would have take him out but lecture him on the sidelines. Like he did last nite and. The C's should have been up 12 or more points going to the second half. I'll blame this one in Doc. Had him used some of the guys on the bench, like Pav or J Juan specially early in the first half, we would be up 2-0. 
    Posted by jonrob777[/QUOTE]

Monday morning quarterbacking!   How do you know a guy's not making his jump shots in the first half until you give him a chance to shoot a few?   If you pull him out too soon, then you don't know if he's going to hit some!

This comment would be a good one for the second half (ie. after you've seen him missing a lot of shots).

But, the biggest issue in Bass not hitting is BASS!  Blame Bass's performance on Bass.

Sections
Shortcuts