y is SULLY not starting+whatup with Brad's rotation?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: y is SULLY not starting+whatup with Brad's rotation?

"know its early and searching but he seems too arbitrary. could lose folks esp as losses inevitably mount."

It's hard to lose NBA players, they show up every week to pick up their paychecks. 

Oh, you don't mean literally lose, you mean become disgruntled or don't play as hard? 

Fine by me. I'm hoping to lose games. What are you hoping for, eighth seed in the east to provide a personal punching bag for Lebron?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Starting Bradley and Olynyk = tanking

I think Stevens is playing the guys Ainge wants to trade to increase their value.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

If you haven't been reading almost every Celtics/Sullinger article, then I guess you're not up-to-date with this current conditioning.  The Celtics staff won't give Sully consistent minutes until he's 100% back in shape.  Pretty obvious methinks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you haven't been reading almost every Celtics/Sullinger article, then I guess you're not up-to-date with this current conditioning.  The Celtics staff won't give Sully consistent minutes until he's 100% back in shape.  Pretty obvious methinks. 

[/QUOTE]

Right.....

And you believe them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You also have to remember the Celtics were playing the second game of a home/away back-to-back. You don't want to exhaust him right away.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You also have to remember the Celtics were playing the second game of a home/away back-to-back. You don't want to exhaust him right away.

[/QUOTE]

so y is he playing 36 minutes in a game? u can start and play 25 per game as u get ur conditioning going!

[/QUOTE]

The confusion about who plays the minutes is no less confusing than who plays what position. It should have been obvious to Brad that Avery was not a PG yet he played that position through 4 losses. Olynyk was moved to the center position because of a lack of bigs down low. This move compromised Oynyk's value as a PF/SF where his ball handling, passing and shooting range could be exploited.

It has been argued that Olynyk was a better defensive player at the center position than other options. It's been obvious that Faverani is both a better defender and rebounder than Olynyk yet both lack the boxing-out mindset of Sullinger. Are we coaching the essentials for play down low?

Jeff Green is an opportunistic scorer and far from a team leader. The Celtics are still looking for a team leader but Crawford seems to be a poor-mans immitation. The Celtics seem to be a team without a consistent scoring threat or at least a team without a player who can find his shot and still shoot a respectable percentage. In Summer League Olynyk seemed to be a leader when his role as a scorer was promoted. Yet on this team his function seems to be as a facilitator to the point of undermining team chemistry. He sets picks and passes yet neither he nor his team look to him as a scoring threat. What a waste!

A major flaw in our offensive game is player spacing. We play well when we go inside yet our own players seem to clog the interior. When a player drives to the hoop several of his teammates bring their defenders inside to eliminate open looks inside.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts