Yao Ming isn't walking through that door, either

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Yao Ming isn't walking through that door, either

Looks like old friend Kevin McHale won't get to coach the big guy.  Citing his inability to recover from his injuries, Yao retired from the NBA today.  Too bad, he was good for the game.
    This from hoopshype.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Re: Yao Ming isn't walking through that door, either

It is a shame that Yao could not stay healthy. He was not just some big dude. He had a great feel for the game, great passer, etc... If he could have stayed heathy, he would have been the best center in the game for many years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

That's one less potential player McFale can give away to boston. He's already wrecked one franchise for the sake of his old mate strainge, god help Houston had he traded Yao for the scrubs in beantown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://dubsism.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/an-open-letter-to-houston-rockets-fans-thanks-for-making-me-look-like-an-idiot-but-at-least-youve-committed-suicide/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2414629888

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_feature/836/20070311/the_struggling_gms_of_the_nba/

http://www.bullz-eye.com/paulsen/2007/0307.htm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Does Yao belong in the HOF?  Yes, as a true ambassador of the game, in addition to his performace while he played.  One of the biggest travesties is letting in Dickie V. based on his "ambassadorship", which is an absolute joke.  But Yao really was an ambassador of the game.  And other foreign players have been elected based on their entire careers even though their life in the NBA was short-lived.  See Petrovic and Sabonis. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Yao Ming isn't walking through that door, either:
    Does Yao belong in the HOF?  Yes, as a true ambassador of the game, in addition to his performace while he played.  One of the biggest travesties is letting in Dickie V. based on his "ambassadorship", which is an absolute joke.  But Yao really was an ambassador of the game.  And other foreign players have been elected based on their entire careers even though their life in the NBA was short-lived.  See Petrovic and Sabonis. 
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

Not sure if he belongs ability-wise, but I agree he gets in.  He opened up China for the NBA!  Nice post!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

McFale = franchise destruction!

"Keeping it real".

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

McFale- destroyer of the TWolves!

"Keeping it real".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

AMAZING COMERADE.. NICE CALL ON TITLE OF UR THREAD. was just thinking of starting one with that exact title but glad u did so i can be incognito for today. yep, yao will be missed. i'm sure danny was kicking around those tires. yao give all he could, should be in the hall of fame. i would have asked that question on a thread just to see what people on this board actually thought. anyone else thinks he should be in the HALL of fame some day? 

i mean he transformed the game in asia and elsewhere. we'll never quite grasp as fans how great yao coming here meant to china-us relations and to asia overall. he was a great ambassador. he should get in the hall as a contributor/ball player... he only missed 3 games his first 4 years when he was ELITE. last 4, not so much/ not enough longetivity but his impact will stand the test of time!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great post comrade but ur way off on dickie v.. he's the ONLY reason i and others even bother with most college basketball. he's A PT player baby, a blue chipperrrrr. sabonis and petrovic absolutely deserved it BABY. vlade divac should get in as well someday along with tony kukoc based on the same combo criteria of nba/overseas career along with ambassadorship.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

I disagree, Dickie V. is an ambassador for himself.  Years ago he quit offering any actual insight and simply became a self propogating brand.  If your team isn't in the ACC or Big East, he can rarely name more than one player.  I don't like Bilas either, but at least Bilas is only biased; he actually offers some insight and analysis.  Vitale offers catch phrases and regurgitated opinions from others as his opinions.  Maybe with the NBA on hiatus, the NCAA can get Sir Charles this year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I disagree, Dickie V. is an ambassador for himself.  Years ago he quit offering any actual insight and simply became a self propogating brand.  If your team isn't in the ACC or Big East, he can rarely name more than one player.  I don't like Bilas either, but at least Bilas is only biased; he actually offers some insight and analysis.  Vitale offers catch phrases and regurgitated opinions from others as his opinions.  Maybe with the NBA on hiatus, the NCAA can get Sir Charles this year. 
    i can respect ur convictions but how can u stand by hot-air BARKLEY who always looks and sounds very unprepared. he comes off as mailing it in most of the time. doesnt matter the topic or player, sir charles pretty much repeats the exact the same phrases, making ernie and the underappreciated kenny smith to carry most of the water. dickie v is the MAN baby! he was a successful coach and his resume is far more well-rounded than bark who now is only very ROUNDED.... BEYOND THE SCHTICK THAT HIS EMPLOYERS AND TONS OF FANS (LONGETIVITY PROVES THAT), there is often real insight from the v-man! like me, he's an acquired taste i guess, u either like him or hate him..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

McFale= Minny's most hated man!!

"Keeping it real".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcal84. Show jcal84's posts

Somebody on another board said that he's doing this so he can continue treatment through the teams doctor and that he'll come out of retirement as soon as this union contract is settled?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

McFale= Hated by Rocket fans!

"Keeping it real".

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=204986

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Who cares??  You just admitted you were WRONG about McHale being hated in MN.  He is not yet hated in HOU, let's see how it plays out.  Who knows, he may win a ring before Mike Brown. Your continual change of the subject bores me - You said McHale destroyed the TWolves - it was Rambis You said McHale was "hated" in MN - proven wrong Give it up, son, you're out of your league.  And, as two other posters have already pointed out today, jealous of the Celtics - no other reason exists.  Excuse me, now, I have a life- and you need to go watch your cartoons! Bye! "School's out for the summer." - Alice Cooper
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

McFale-hated by Timber Wolves fans!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2842977

http://mnwolves.blogspot.com/ (love the name they had for mcfale...mcf...ko)

"Keeping it real".
    "Schooling russ all day long"!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

McFale=Once a cheat, always a cheat.

"Keeping it real".
    "Schooling russ all day long".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

LAker nation,

You should thank the internet for posting such failed material. Mchale...Beat your lakers...Closelined mr laker slowone...ahahahha that was fun....ahahhahahahha.

Also...How did he mess up minni?????.....Remember the owner made the final call on the deal. The boston deal WAS THE BEST DEAL he COULD GET..No team made a better deal. All jefferson - great young player 18ppg 10rebound guy....A huge salary in theo rattlif.....A number one pick.....A great role player in gomes...and 2 throw ins in telfail and green. Boston gave minni a young star and MONEY...no OTHER DEAL GAVE THEM THAT...  

Also

Wolves owner: Garnett trade was 'best alternative'

July 31, 2007

Minneapolis, Minn. — (AP) - The way Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor sees it, he didn't really have much of a choice.

Strapped with what he says was the fourth-highest payroll in the league being shelled out to a team that has missed the playoffs for three straight years, Taylor said he had to do something drastic to turn around a moribund franchise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Lakernation,

Kevin didnt make the call on the deal....

your schooled and owned.....BY ME.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It is a shame that Yao could not stay healthy. He was not just some big dude. He had a great feel for the game, great passer, etc... If he could have stayed heathy, he would have been the best center in the game for many years.
    Posted by mbrann

Yao was always one of my favorite players.  It is really sad to hear that he is retiring.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Lakernation, Kevin didnt make the call on the deal.... your schooled and owned.....BY ME.....
    Posted by DoctorCO

Like russ, schooled all day and every day!!
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070730
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/steve_aschburner/07/30/garnett.minnesota/index.html

"Keeping it real".
    "Schooling russ all day long".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lakernation, Kevin didnt make the call on the deal.... your schooled and owned.....BY ME.....
    Posted by DoctorCO

We all know this -it was Taylor, who was a dreadful owner.  Good luck with the jealous lakers fans, though!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Yao Ming isn't walking through that door, either : Like russ, schooled all day and every day!! http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070730 http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/steve_aschburner/07/30/garnett.minnesota/index.html "Keeping it real". "Schooling russ all day long".
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Thanks for the Simmons article. It was nice to look back at some of how the greatest NBA team since the 1986 Celtics was formed.

Simmons is originally from the Boston area. We are some of the smartest, most progressive people in the country. We were the only state to vote for McGovern over Nixon. The Boston Globe was a leading voice against the Vietnam War. We were at the forefront of putting an end to slavery.

We have some of the best schools and hospitals. We have consistently had the greatest percentage of liberal politicians. Liberals are much better people than conservatives. The word liberal implies positive reform. Conservatives are thought of in terms of Fox News, starting illegal wars and torturing people, wiretapping, producing massive national debt, and increasing corporate welfare while decreasing spending for social services.

Some people hate Massachusetts, especially rednecks and other forms of wingnuts. One in particular stalks this board every day. He has a variety of usernames. Others like you go around in circles with simplistic attacks on the Boston Celtics. But I'm digressing.

You are not doing much more than spamming. McHale was between a rock and a hard place. Garnett was at the end of his prime. Minnesota was going nowhere. While a lot of what he received for Garnett was from the "Al Jefferson pu pu platter deluxe," that was not a lopsided trade.

I'm sorry your Lakers are headed towards a long stay in Mediocreville. Danny appears to be the only GM who has planned for the lockout. While the Lakers are stuck with their over the hill stars, Danny is ready to move on. Depending on how hard the new salary cap is, the Lakers may no longer be able to buy championships while being stuck with a lousy roster.

Congratulations on your recent titles. Los Angeles now has 11 of them. Boston has 17. You've closed the gap quite a bit and have cemented your place as the second best team in NBA history. Maybe mommy can bring down some milk and cookies for you to celebrate with in your basement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Yao Ming isn't walking through that door, either : Thanks for the Simmons article. It was nice to look back at some of how the greatest NBA team since the 1986 Celtics was formed. Simmons is originally from the Boston area. We are some of the smartest, most progressive people in the country. We were the only state to vote for McGovern over Nixon. The Boston Globe was a leading voice against the Vietnam War. We were at the forefront of putting an end to slavery. We have some of the best schools and hospitals. We have consistently had the greatest percentage of liberal politicians. Liberals are much better people than conservatives. The word liberal implies positive reform. Conservatives are thought of in terms of Fox News, starting illegal wars and torturing people, wiretapping, producing massive national debt, and increasing corporate welfare while decreasing spending for social services. Some people hate Massachusetts, especially rednecks and other forms of wingnuts. One in particular stalks this board every day. He has a variety of usernames. Others like you go around in circles with simplistic attacks on the Boston Celtics. But I'm digressing. You are not doing much more than spamming. McHale was between a rock and a hard place. Garnett was at the end of his prime. Minnesota was going nowhere. While a lot of what he received for Garnett was from the "Al Jefferson pu pu platter deluxe," that was not a lopsided trade. I'm sorry your Lakers are headed towards a long stay in Mediocreville. Danny appears to be the only GM who has planned for the lockout. While the Lakers are stuck with their over the hill stars, Danny is ready to move on. Depending on how hard the new salary cap is, the Lakers may no longer be able to buy championships while being stuck with a lousy roster. Congratulations on your recent titles. Los Angeles now has 11 of them. Boston has 17. You've closed the gap quite a bit and have cemented your place as the second best team in NBA history. Maybe mommy can bring down some milk and cookies for you to celebrate with in your basement.
    Posted by NickFaldo

That's a long post for such a low IQ and such a short attention span

He's a product of Los Angeles' inferior education system, which along with its lower healthcare standards, lower pollution standards, and lower income per capita leaves him to only enjoy the nice weather.

Sections
Shortcuts