Yeah......he stinks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yeah......he stinks

Playing for arguably the worst team in the league;

playing against arguably the best team in the West;

BDC whipping boy Gordon Hayward had a near triple double in a win over OKC.

In 37 mins, this kid, (who is "marginally" better than Avery Bradley), had 37 points on 13-16 shooting, 11 rebounds and 7 assists.

Durant had 48 in a losing effort, but Hayward was the best player on the floor last night.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I respect that.  But it is my opinion that this kid is the real deal, and we should go after him full bore at season's end.

We pay Hump 12 mill this year..........Hayward, at 23, is not worth that much?

Let Bradley go and sign this guy............all sarcasm aside, I think "marginally" better is a gross understatement!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Yeah......he stinks

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

Playing for arguably the worst team in the league;

playing against arguably the best team in the West;

BDC whipping boy Gordon Hayward had a near triple double in a win over OKC.

In 37 mins, this kid, (who is "marginally" better than Avery Bradley), had 37 points on 13-16 shooting, 11 rebounds and 7 assists.

Durant had 48 in a losing effort, but Hayward was the best player on the floor last night.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I respect that.  But it is my opinion that this kid is the real deal, and we should go after him full bore at season's end.

We pay Hump 12 mill this year..........Hayward, at 23, is not worth that much?

Let Bradley go and sign this guy............all sarcasm aside, I think "marginally" better is a gross understatement!!

[/QUOTE]

If you're saying 12m for Hayward then maybe the Jazz won't match.

But I don't know if Hayward is really worth 12m per year.

Also, Humpy got 12m per year because he was averaging a double-double at that time.

[/QUOTE]

I heard that what he wants................and this does a number of things.  It strengthens our 2 spot for many years.  It helps Green more than Bradley because Hayward would pass the ball.  Lastly, it puts to bed the ridiculous notion that free agents don't want to play in Boston.  Remember we heard that about the Sox a few years ago??

My point on Humpy is this - for 12 mill, he's a bench player this year (true, we didn't give him the money, but we are still paying him).  At least Hayward would start and give us 30-35 mins in the prime of his career.

Not a knock on Humpy - I actually hope they re-sign him at a discount!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I read at the start of the season that there was buzz about Hayward's camp wanting a max type deal-which is obviously ridiculous. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/26/report-gordon-hayward-jazz-remain-far-apart-in-contract-talks-with-deadline-approaching/

http://saltcityhoops.com/gordon-hayward-restricted-free-agency-faq/

Max is about 58 over 4 years.......14.5 per.

Depends on the Jazz......

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

I'll take hayward at 8-9mm

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If the market value for the guy is 12, that is not overpaying for him.  He's 23 years old.  I'd rather pay him 12 than pay Bradley 8........any day of the week!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

I'd rather throw more money at Lance Stephenson. Those two aren't even in the same zip code. Marginally better player in almost every facet of the game and is three inches shorter. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Slow cap for Hayward based on one good game... He has also had 27 games which he shot under 50% Fg 9 of which where under 30%FG (that makes 11 games hes shot 50% or better).  So 2 more games he's shot above 50% compared to shooting under 30%.... Solid bro, Solid.  But 1 game does it right? Lets just put his number in the rafters becuase he had a good game... Yeah that sounds about right...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Hey James Anderson scored 36 pts vs the Rockets on 12-16 shooting along with 5 rebounds and 3 steals!! Get this guy a 10 million per year contract, why isnt he in the All-Star ballot, whats going on here??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yesterday, I compared the stats of Avery Bradley to Gordon Hayward.

Hayward is better in every offensive category.  Bradley is a better defender.

Bradley is 6'2", Hayward is 6'8" (Stephenson is 6'5")

Hayward's numbers have improved every year.......Bradley no

Stephenson would be fine - he's an unrestricted FA, though, who has said repeatedly he wants to stay in IND.

This is not implying he should have "his number in the rafters" - that's a ridiculous comment.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - mine is this:

Of the RFA's out there - I'd rather have Hayward than Bradley.

Anyone know what the market is for Stephenson?  I've written that Bradley wants 8 and Hayward wants 12.

Stephenson can be offered a 5 year deal by IND, without going into lux tax!

Stephenson would be fine - but he's going to stay in IND!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2013/11/08/lance-stephenson-positioning-self-for-lucrative-deal/3478475/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

I just dont know why we have to overpay a RFA this offseason? I'd rather wait until next year and throw money at someone like Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Lenord or Klay Thompson or Iman Shumpert... all RFAs in 2015.  Like I too think we need to improve the SG over Bradley and I think his ceiling is limited heavily by his size but we dont need to go do it this next offseason and overpay Hayward esp when there are so many other young options in 2015.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Hayward averages 5 boards and 5 assists. Bradley will never do that.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to KJandHondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just dont know why we have to overpay a RFA this offseason? I'd rather wait until next year and throw money at someone like Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Lenord or Klay Thompson or Iman Shumpert... all RFAs in 2015.  Like I too think we need to improve the SG over Bradley and I think his ceiling is limited heavily by his size but we dont need to go do it this next offseason and overpay Hayward esp when there are so many other young options in 2015.

[/QUOTE]

Butler is good - I think Hayward is better....and I think they'll give him the QO

No way Leonard leaves SA - no one does except DuJuan Blair.  He is the next franchise player there.

Ditto on Klay Thompson - GSW will give him the QO

I can't stand Shumpert - I think he's incredibly over-rated.

These are all good choices, but in my opinion ( no one else's)...if we take Hayward this off-season, we are set at the 2 and 3 (and maybe 1) for many years and can focus on bigs and other wing players in the draft.

Nothing I disagree with in your post - I just like Hayward better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Hayward is a superb regular season player. If you want to blow your salary cap on a player that can't slow down the Lebron and Durants of the world in the playoffs, Gordons your guy along with a million other wing players out there.

All I know is this, Dumars could slow M.J. then Byron Scott(championship), Jordan could slow Magic, Drexler, Hornacek, Majerle(championships), Kobe could slow Ray Allen and vice versa.

You need great two way players to win rings at every position.

They can be one dimensional on offense or defense, they just have to be great at it. Like Bass shooting percentages and man to man defense. Or Bradley's. Or Green's. Or Rondo's. Majerle absolutely could not slow Jordan down and Phoenix almost got swept in the finals because of that 1 shortcoming on the team. Barkley and K.J. and Majerle and Ainge had to play out of their minds offensively just to win a few games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

I mean I would go to war with Jimmy Butler and he is such an elite perimeter defender... you like Hayward, I'll take Buckets... touche

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have a TPE that expires in 7/14' and RR coming off in 2015 if not traded or extended. 2015 is the year of the FA Big ... We don't want to waste cap space in 2015 on any of the players you mentioned with all the bigs available that year. 2014 is the year to use that TPE for the best player available and Gordon is one of those players. There are others as well but his size, ceiling and relationship with Stevens makes him a real possibility.

[/QUOTE]

Why would Utah want to take TPE to get rid of Hayward?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hayward averages 5 boards and 5 assists. Bradley will never do that.

[/QUOTE]

Esp the assists!!  5 per MONTH maybe for the Bradley BlackHole!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts