Year Five of a Three Year Plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Year Five of a Three Year Plan

Dialed in, resourceful, resilient.That's the best description for this team. What a ride our heroes of the hardwood, have taken us on. For a minute, when Bass went down, i thought it was over in an instant. Then, when the three stooges, i mean refs, fabricated a few calls, our heroes once again refused to wilt.
    The trade deadline,no center, going small, injuries, the offense, the defense, the sixth man, and now the refs. All obstacles have been overcome on the fith year of a three year plan.
    Celtic Pride on Display!
    Here's an interesting article on espn..http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7801091/the-rebirth-celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Year Five of a Three Year Plan

Thanks for the link Ortiz.
    It ain't over yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What i like about the article, is that it makes a stark contrast between out Big 3 and Miami's wannabe Big 3...they are finding out that it ain't that easy...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Ortiz,

Very good article, but he's wrong in that I saw it coming.  However, to be fair, I saw it coming for the last 43 years because for the life of me I can never see it not coming from the Celtics.  I choose and have chosen to always believe that the Celtics will win it all.

The most intriguing part of the article for me was the author's statement that, "With trade rumors swirling around All-Star Rajon Rondo — planted by other teams hoping to cause chemistry problems and drive down his price, by the way — the Celtics won three straight, then throttled the Knicks on a Sunday ABC home game that we'll always remember as Rondo's "Look, You're Not {Seriously Considering} Trading Me, You'd Be Insane" game (18 points, 20 assists, 17 rebounds)."  Despite all the bashing he receives from the media and fair weather on and off the bandwagon and back again bloggers at boston.com, Rondo keeps rolling along doing what he does better than almost all his contemporaries almost all the time.  Is it any wonder why Danny ain't crazy enough to listen to some of these clowns and trade Rondo for peanuts?  While I might sound a little over the top, I will reaffirm my longstanding, unchanging position that Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none," Rondo's play continues to make a compelling argument that I'm not too far off base.

P.S. - The replacement for the expletive in the {} that was a required change by the censors on this forum was a direct quote from the referenced link to which I responded and not my type of language usage in online banter.

As Always,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

While I might sound a little over the top, I will reaffirm my longstanding, unchanging position that Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none," Rondo's play continues to make a compelling argument that I'm not too far off base

yes I know, you are one of the few that have stood by Rondo through thick and thin. I was there with you, although i did waver slightly when he threw his trantrums. But last year, when he played with that broker elbow, I quickly earase any doubts about him. I certainly never considered trading him for a bag of balls like some have suggensted. This year, he has cemented himself, without a doubt, as a unique, once in a decade, talent. As his shot improves, he continues to confound his critics.(Dudder) I still remember, as a rookie, he came into a game for 24 seconds, and got like 2  steals and a rebound...right there, I told my son, "watch this kid". My son, today wears his jearsey...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Year Five of a Three Year Plan:
    Ortiz, Very good article, but he's wrong in that I saw it coming.  However, to be fair, I saw it coming for the last 43 years because for the life of me I can never see it not coming from the Celtics.  I choose and have chosen to always believe that the Celtics will win it all. The most intriguing part of the article for me was the author's statement that, "With trade rumors swirling around All-Star Rajon Rondo — planted by other teams hoping to cause chemistry problems and drive down his price, by the way — the Celtics won three straight, then throttled the Knicks on a Sunday ABC home game that we'll always remember as Rondo's "Look, You're Not {Seriously Considering} Trading Me, You'd Be Insane" game (18 points, 20 assists, 17 rebounds)."  Despite all the bashing he receives from the media and fair weather on and off the bandwagon and back again bloggers at boston.com, Rondo keeps rolling along doing what he does better than almost all his contemporaries almost all the time.  Is it any wonder why Danny ain't crazy enough to listen to some of these clowns and trade Rondo for peanuts?  While I might sound a little over the top, I will reaffirm my longstanding, unchanging position that Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none," Rondo's play continues to make a compelling argument that I'm not too far off base. P.S. - The replacement for the expletive in the {} that was a required change by the censors on this forum was a direct quote from the referenced link to which I responded and not my type of language usage in online banter. As Always,
    Posted by JamLock

You thought the Celtics would win it all in the days of Marty Conlon, Alton Lister and Todd day?  I am not sure what to say to that.

I don't think being a fan is about false belief.  The year they won 15 games I watched and liked that team just as much as I do this one.  but I didnt delude myself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Was a great article. Glad we didn't make a trade in hindsight but the thought of getting the Nets pick (top 3 protected) is intriguing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

Great reference to a super article. As Bill Russelreferred to the laker ower setting up to celebrate defeatibg beating the C's in game seven with the chamoane, ballooons and the flyer in place. Bill quoted "He can take those balloons down one at a time" and the C's won the game and the title. Bill Russel bleeds Celic green and pride just like this team will surprise and surpass alot of teams on the way to #18. Go C's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Year Five of a Three Year Plan:
    Was a great article. Glad we didn't make a trade in hindsight but the thought of getting the Nets pick (top 3 protected) is intriguing.
    Posted by Rebels345209

Yes it is

but after the NCAA tournament I am not impressed with anyone we'd be picking in 4-7 range enough to give up Pierce.

Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist, Lamb, Barnes, Sullinger, Beal... none of them would be worth destroying Pierce's legacy of spending his entire career here. Only Duncan, Kobe and dirk are left of the players in Paul's generation as having that claim.

Now if we were also making moves with Rondo, KG and Ray to add yet more draft picks and under age 23 talent I guess i'd have found that to be the best thing possible for Paul.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

ainge did everything that i didn't think would work.. no way did they look like a team that would be playing like this right now. garnett playing his best in a few years, bradley stepping up big time.. rondo ,, pierce,... doc has done a great job too.. 

the bulls are the only team that would worry me now..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Agreed, the bulls pose the biggest obstacle of all. But what a challenge to a team, that is not supposed to be challenging for East Confrence Finals, much less being the hottest team in the NBA. Of course, not there yet..but we can't ever count these guys out..until the final buzzer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.celticstown.com/2012/04/12/brandon-bass-fall-reveals-celtics-mortality-more-than-ever/

Like I said, "For a minute, when Bass went down, i thought it was over in an instant."  I almost choked on my dinner...
    .This is the Cinderella team of the NBA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I love what this team is doing.....just go back to 2010....nobody had any idea we would go back to LA up 3-2 in the Finals....we lost Perk in game 6 and led game 7 almost to the very end before coming up short....it is all part of the "Celtic Mystique".....which opposing fans hate to hear about....and refuse to believe in....just look back over the decades my friends...it was and still is a real experience....it's what sets the Celtics above all others....just ask the Lakers (Baylor, West, Wilt....Magic & Co....Kobe....they have all experienced it....9-3...unmatched...)

Sections
Shortcuts