yesterday was a good day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

yesterday was a good day

celts win in a sweep and have a week off to get ready for the heat;
    we stay relatively healthy through the first series;
    miami loses and has to play at least one more game;
    rose looks dinged up;
    kobe gets dinged up;
    orlando loses and howard seem frustrated with his team, making it that much more likely that he will leave town within the next year.

all in all, a perfect day to be a celtic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Re: yesterday was a good day

We will finish the series on wednesday..........And we got 3 days to rest thursday friday and staurday.......And dont forget we do not have to travel. We play at home this series. We have the advantage.

Plus you do not want to rest too many days. It throws you off your game. For the heat its a good thing the celtics are resting like 7 days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: yesterday was a good day:
    [QUOTE]We will finish the series on wednesday..........And we got 3 days to rest thursday friday and staurday.......And dont forget we do not have to travel. We play at home this series. We have the advantage. Plus you do not want to rest too many days. It throws you off your game. For the heat its a good thing the celtics are resting like 7 days.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

How do you figure??  7 days to get Shaq ready?  These guys won't lose their touch, fear not!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Is this a miami fan..wow!  welcome.  I thought you guys were too cool to post here...probably on the beach or something...I believe you guys got scared enough to not want this to go any further... 

Only young teams want to keep playing...we are a team still improving(if you can beleive that)  and veteran teams know how to use rest to their advantage..Most would happen is a slow start , but starting on the road would cure that, IMO.....did you hear Paul yesterday say that playing on the road brings them together , makes them play well and focused??

I think a tight Miami team may start slow in game 1...they have had slow starts against Philly and we are notorius for quick starts in boston....good luck my friend....take ur time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yesterday was a good day : How do you figure??  7 days to get Shaq ready?  These guys won't lose their touch, fear not!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Hey enjoy while you can...The celtics are a great team....But they made one of the worst moves in the nba this year trading perkins for practically nobody...Perkins was a force, ask any of us heat fans....

Thats why i think we have a shot against you guys now. As we have no center either....Shac is old and slow.

You know contracts can be restructured there are many things you could have done to keep perkins next year..

I think this year is your last run at a title.

Hey may the best team win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

wow, even fans of other teams are still crying about perk.  Does it look like we are missing him?  Also the nothing we got in return will be gaurding Lebron and making him play defense.  His name is Jeff Green.  You will know his name by the end of the series....and hurry up and win...I dont feel right even having this convo..      its disrespectful to Philly,   You guys have not advanced yet...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We beat the Heat three times this year with Shaq as our center.........nuff said

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]Is this a miami fan..wow!  welcome.  I thought you guys were too cool to post here...probably on the beach or something...I believe you guys got scared enough to not want this to go any further...  Only young teams want to keep playing...we are a team still improving(if you can beleive that)  and veteran teams know how to use rest to their advantage..Most would happen is a slow start , but starting on the road would cure that, IMO.....did you hear Paul yesterday say that playing on the road brings them together , makes them play well and focused?? I think a tight Miami team may start slow in game 1...they have had slow starts against Philly and we are notorius for quick starts in boston....good luck my friend....take ur time...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

thanks for the welcome. you know im not here to cause any trouble. Im just here to give my opinion about our teams since they are about to play in the second round..................................and a healthy debate is always welcome in our board as well.................

PS /> Im glad to see people in this board are not disrespectfull like in other boards and resort to name calling as soon as they realize someone is not a fan of their team..

Kudos to you all. This looks like a good place to discuss heat and celtics basketball for as long as we play next round.

I hope for both teams to be healthy. Because thats the only way to find out who is better.

GO HEAT.

PS2...I was a fan of mchale larry bird robert parish danny ainge dennis johnson etc............I mean they were always going against the lakers and i hated the lakers then and i hate the lakers now...

And back then there was no miami heat...

GO Heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]wow, even fans of other teams are still crying about perk. 

Im not crying just posting my opinion that you know it true. Worst mistake in nba this year.....

Shac is old and slow...

The odds are the two best teams will meet in the finals this year..

And as much as i hate to say it its the celtics and the lakers...

And i dont think you can hang in the finals against the lakers without perkins.

Did you forget what happened last year already. Wasn't perkins injured?

What was the outcome of the finals?

you guys just beat a terrible knicks team that did anything possible to hand over the series to you guys.

We will see what will happen when the heat and celtics meet in the second round....STAY TUNED.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You'll make a lot of friends here with that last comment...lol

Just to warn you though...its a slow day here because nothing to complain about...which is what alot of folks come here for.

You are always welcome to discuss b-ball here.  Im just saying, once things heat up (pun intended)  the reception may not be as nice...but Im sure you know that.  Stay healthy and good luck again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]You'll make a lot of friends here with that last comment...lol

Trust me i was going celtics in the finals last year. I cant stand kobe bryant and the rest of the dam lakers.

I was pissed off at the celtics for letting it slip away. I really thought the celtics would of had a chance if perkins wanst injured.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I understand your comment about Perk....only problem is I dont believe the Lakers are gonna be there, and secondly, I think what me miss with Perk is masked by the JON bandaid.  Even without Perk are you gonn say we cant compete with L.A.'s frontline?  have you saw what Carl Landry and Aaron Gray are doing to pau and Bynum...dont look so dominant right now...but im sure Perk appreicates the love. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

For my vote, I'd take what JO's giving us over what we got from perk.  Just as much defense, toughness, intimidation.  Less T's, moving screens, more respect of the officials.  Better jumper.

OKC is my other fav team and I'm happy they have perk, but he and JO were redundant.  I think kristic is a servicable 2nd string center, and we have baby who can play that position against anybody the heat have except Z.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]I understand your comment about Perk....only problem is I dont believe the Lakers are gonna be there, Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

The spurs might not be there either lol.

Wouldnt it be something if oaklahoma and the celtics meet in the finals...HAH

Im sure perkins would get a lot of love when he comes home to play. the guy was almost in tears when he realized he got traded.

Two teams i hate the most in the east are

Pistons and Knicks.

In the west

Lakers

Everybody else can win and im ok wit that.

Still pulling for my team the heat all the way but realize we have holes...Point guard and center. Oh and the bench is the most eratic bench in the pros.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]For my vote, I'd take what JO's giving us over what we got from perk.  Just as much defense, toughness, intimidation.  Less T's, moving screens, more respect of the officials.  Better jumper. OKC is my other fav team and I'm happy they have perk, but he and JO were redundant.  I think kristic is a servicable 2nd string center, and we have baby who can play that position against anybody the heat have except Z.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

dont forget having JON lets us stay under the radar and sneak up on teams too.  You know because almost everyone thinks our success starts and ends with him and with all these teams saying "we were scared of perk"  " we can win now"   LMAO....just plays right into our hands.....I do miss Perk sometimes...but thats why Im glad they are in the playoffs...I just switch on the game and after a couple minutes , I can see Perk missing a point blank jump hook and breath a sigh of relief....  still love ya Perk...but the show must go on!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yesterday was a good day : The spurs might not be there either lol. Wouldnt it be something if oaklahoma and the celtics meet in the finals...HAH Im sure perkins would get a lot of love when he comes home to play. the guy was almost in tears when he realized he got traded. Two teams i hate the most in the east are Pistons and Knicks. In the west  Lakers Everybody else can win and im ok wit that. Still pulling for my team the heat all the way but realize we have holes...Point guard and center. Oh and the bench is the most eratic bench in the pros.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

You will learn quick that I am not a status quo type of person...I dont think the Spurs will be there either....  my money is on OKC.

Its funny how the Spurs and lakers are in a 2-2 dogfight.....I predicted as much....the Spurs are the only good team we rolled on in our slump...so I knew they were a fluke...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]For my vote, I'd take what JO's giving us over what we got from perk. 
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

LOL come on now....You went over the top with that comment. trust me we had Jermaine Oneal and he stinks. Yes he has been hitting the short mid range jumpers but the guy is soft and yellow..

Did you just compare jermaine oneal to a healthy perkins?

Come on now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

JO is healthier and playing better than he was last year at this time no doubt in my mind.

Besides that, JO doesn't have to do as much for us.  Do you think if you'd have had perk instead it would have helped you?  Last year your team was wade and some other guys.

Oh, I forgot, it was perk who torched you guys in the first round last year....NOT!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Wade3,

check the stats. JON is playing just as well as Perk.

Stop trying to convince yourself that you're playing a worse team. You aren't. JON and Shaq easily will put up the stats and equal the production that Perk gave us (and then some) and Krstic is a capable backup.

Let's not forget we have a pretty damn good player too in Jeff Green who we got.

We have a better team and you know it. Stop lying to yourself and trying to convince yourself of things that simply aren't true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The only team that mayrequire Perk's presence will be the Lakers...and even then, the improved offensive play, at the center position, maybe enough to counter any defensive deficiency, if it exists.

Against the Heat, it will be five on three offensively, and five on three defensively. I see JO, KG, and Rondo having field days on offense, and the Celtics will stop Lebron like they always do, with team defense. Rondo may even spend some time on Wade, because Bibby is so slow.

The two missing components from the last Celtic Heat game have reappeared.
    We now have a true big man again, and Rondo has been reinspired.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi Wade3,
        You're making your points in a proper type manner and personally I welcome fans of other teams that want to have a mature conversation as you are doing. There are a few other fans that regularly post on this site that are fans of other teams who are well liked especially RUWorthy who is a Lakers fan.
        It's refreshing to have fans from other teams that blog here who are mature. Welcome and come again.
         Regarding your comments about Perk when he was traded. You said that he was almost in tears when he was traded. Reports in the Boston area stated that he was in tears over it. I'm not making fun at Perk. Actually I feel for his emotional response. He was a big part of the C's and was very upset over the trade. Never the less, I'm happy for Perk's success with Oklahoma. I wish him well, just not when the Thunder play the C's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Vertigho im not trying to convince myself od anything.

I say what i see.

When perkins was a member of the celtics the celtics beat the crap off the heat.

What happened the last game you played us when perkins wasnt a member of the celtics. Well, you saw the results with your own eyes. And dont tell me the celtics werent trying because the 2nd seed was still up for grabs.

All im saying is that now we have a better chance of beating the celtics.

You guys beat a beat up knicks team. Billups didnt play, staudamire played injured.

Come on admit the heat are going to give you guys a good series. A way better series than the knicks. Its going to take a lot more effort than you gave against the knicks to beat the heat.

OK and i admit its going to take a hell lot more effort than we gave against the sixers to beat the celts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Wade3,     You're making your points in a proper type manner and personally I welcome fans of other teams that want to have a mature conversation as you are doing. There are a few other fans that regularly post on this site that are fans of other teams who are well liked especially RUWorthy who is a Lakers fan.     It's refreshing to have fans from other teams that blog here who are mature. Welcome and come again.      Regarding your comments about Perk when he was traded. You said that he was almost in tears when he was traded. Reports in the Boston area stated that he was in tears over it. I'm not making fun at Perk. Actually I feel for his emotional response. He was a big part of the C's and was very upset over the trade. Never the less, I'm happy for Perk's success with Oklahoma. I wish him well, just not when the Thunder play the C's.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Yeah they say perkins is a teddy bear off the court. Good guy.

Not trying to sound weird...I mean the guy is in his what mid 20s and i have two kids older than him.

Now contraire to that on the court he is iintense and means bussiness...

As far as the next series i think the key would be if the heat can stop ray allen from shooting all those 3s. He killed us before with the 3 point shooting.

The celtics have so many weapons but imho that would be the main thing we have to worry about.

I mean he get open a few times and you are down by 12 or 15 points in the blink of an eye.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yesterday was a good day : Yeah they say perkins is a teddy bear off the court. Good guy. Not trying to sound weird...I mean the guy is in his what mid 20s and i have two kids older than him. Now contraire to that on the court he is iintense and means bussiness... As far as the next series i think the key would be if the heat can stop ray allen from shooting all those 3s. He killed us before with the 3 point shooting. The celtics have so many weapons but imho that would be the main thing we have to worry about. I mean he get open a few times and you are down by 12 or 15 points in the blink of an eye.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

exactly what I have been saying.  Wade is gonna have to step up and stop roaming, or Ray will have a field day.  Its  much harder to do than say it.  When I play ball, its so hard for me to take myself out the team defense and sit there with someone on the 3 pt line..and if you turn your head for one second, Ray will move to another spot and boom, you are done.  So Wade will have to make a conserted effort to take himself out the defense and stick to Ray.

Sections
Shortcuts